2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

13 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I thought Thompson's whole game was being a rangy centerfielder that couldn't tackle? I've always compared him to a poor man's Malik Hooker.

He has the skills but he's inconsistent and undiscplined with it. He gambles a little too much for my liking. And I think his recognition skills are behind other safeties. But he's pretty fluid and has the range. But I don't think he could cover the slot if asked to do like Thornhill or Adderley can. He's more of a space safety, not really a man coverage guy imo.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

He has the skills but he's inconsistent and undiscplined with it. He gambles a little too much for my liking. And I think his recognition skills are behind other safeties. But he's pretty fluid and has the range. But I don't think he could cover the slot if asked to do like Thornhill or Adderley can. He's more of a space safety, not really a man coverage guy imo.

Definitely gambles too much. Honestly, he probably should have went back to school. I don't think Thompson is a plug and play guy with the type of responsibility the FS has in our scheme. I'd be very wary about starting him right out of the gate. Don't think that would be ideal. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

If Murray isn’t in Arizona’s plan and they pick Bosa, is Josh Allen still as intriguing after Dee Ford’s sign and trade? 

I like the idea of him at SAM but a trade back might be too good to pass up. 

I think someone posted that we are torn between Bosa and Williams, so if Bosa is taken at 1, I would have to guess we would take Williams. Unless it’s smoke to entice ppl to trade with us in that situation, I don’t know, but I honestly think we will stay at 2 and take one of the two. 

Yeah, I'm actually more of a Williams over Allen guy myself. I do believe that one report even if it came from WalterFootball that we think Williams is more special than Bosa. His age and lack of experience actually makes him more intriguing to scouts/GMs.

But I wouldn't be disappointed in the least if we go out and get Allen. There's a lot of raw potential there as well. 

I'm telling you though, now that we got Ford, don't be surprised if we drop back and grab a corner. Some will be very disappointed but I think it is a possibility. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

If Murray isn’t in Arizona’s plan and they pick Bosa, is Josh Allen still as intriguing after Dee Ford’s sign and trade? 

I like the idea of him at SAM but a trade back might be too good to pass up. 

We could do worse than Allen, but it wouldn't be my preferred outcome. The versatility, I can appreciate, but #2 overall for a backup LEO and starting SAM is a rich sell. 

I'm really hoping for a trade back, but am also good with selecting Bosa, if there. It's the kind of D-position we can't have all eggs in one basket on.

• Like 1

Just now, oldman9er said:

We could do worse than Allen, but it wouldn't be my preferred outcome. The versatility, I can appreciate, but #2 overall for a backup LEO and starting SAM is a rich sell. 

I'm really hoping for a trade back, but am also good with selecting Bosa, if there. It's the kind of D-position we can't have all eggs in one basket on.

"Hey Giants, y'all can have the #2 pick now for 6 and 17."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fureys49ers said:

With ET now signed else where I’m hoping(low key praying) we go after HaHa and add Adderley, Thornhill in the 2nd to back him up, play nickel and 3rd safety spot.

So we would have HaHa, Adderley/Thornhill, and Colbert at FS and K. Williams, Reed, Adderley/Thornhill at Nickel? That's a quite a log jam at those positions. IMO, it's either sign a safety or draft a safety. I don't think we should burry Colbert from getting playing time just because he had a rough start to the year. I'd like to see him get a chance to re-establish his role with the team. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

He's going #1 and I knew he was going to shine in this setting, so will Haskins. But the questions regarding Murray really have little to do with what he showed today lol.

And look at AZ trying to be slick and not sending anyone out to his workouts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He's going #1 and I knew he was going to shine in this setting, so will Haskins. But the questions regarding Murray really have little to do with what he showed today lol.

And look at AZ trying to be slick and not sending anyone out to his workouts.

Yeah, I mean, I don't even pay attention to the "one of the best pro day's I have ever seen!" crap any more. It's only news if they come out of the pro day with questions / issues. Otherwise its same old, same old. 

• Like 1