2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

4 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Haaaaaa!!!! funny u say this, as it was one of my first thoughts as well. Like just how far will some go to impress. 

giphy.gif

Willing to bet he gets randomly tested a lot this year?

27 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Willing to bet he gets randomly tested a lot this year?

depends on which team he goes to.. and what direction the League wishes for said team... (yes, I went there) :P 

http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-report-eastern-michigan  

Maxx Crosby stood on most of his combine marks, which included a vertical jump of 36 inches, a 10-foot-2 mark in the broad jump and a 40 time of 4.66 seconds. He also ran 6.89 seconds in the three-cone. He weighed 255 pounds today, same as at the combine, and completed 18 reps on the bench press. Crosby then looked terrific in defensive line and linebacker drills, translating his speed and athleticism onto the field. He even took part in a few defensive back drills upon request.

As far back as November, I stated during several podcasts that Crosby would move into the second day of the draft with a strong showing during predraft workouts. That was the narrative from teams at pro day, who believe Crosby won’t get out of the third round.

Crosby, Gustin, Walker and a few others I like are creeping up in interest level of mine around the 3rd and 4th rounds if we do go QW at 2. Would love to see one of these guys at SAM to get him some playing time initially and then as the season progressed hopefully to the EDGE spot opposite Ford. 

Im assuming of course with QW being our pick at 2, WR is chosen in round 2, and then an edge in round 3. Or QW, FS, WR, EDGE. Not ideal for me in addressing or EDGE issues but one I could get on board with if QW was added to the equation. I assume with the acquisition of Ford our FO feels pretty set at LEO, especially if Marsh was let go so quickly afterwards.

All that said, still prefer Bosa or Allen at 2 but just stating how ridiculous this draft class is along the DL, that prospects I like quite a bit could be had in rounds 3 and 4 at the EDGE spot.

23 minutes ago, raidersedge said:

If Raiders offer

2019 4th overall pick

2019 24th overall pick

2020 1st round pick

for the 2nd overall pick does Lynch say no?

It would be enough for me, but who knows. If their eyes are only for Bosa + or QW in the top 5, then they may not budge.

1 hour ago, raidersedge said:

If Raiders offer

2019 4th overall pick

2019 24th overall pick

2020 1st round pick

In an instant. Assuming Murray gets taken 1 or 2 were still left with Allen, Williams, or Bosa on the board. My question is who would the Raiders be targeting in that scenario?

1 hour ago, raidersedge said:

If Raiders offer

2019 4th overall pick

2019 24th overall pick

2020 1st round pick

This would definitely be a trade I make. Still get a top tier player, add another in the back half of the first and one at 36. Then another first next year, too. This would be a dream trade, but I don't know if that offer would realistically be proposed. Big haul for us for a 2-spot drop.

• Like 1

Tony Pauline.. saying the talk is that next year, they plan to televise in primetime the Saturday draft drills. (QBs/WRs/RBs) If it gets better ratings, they would look to do it for all days/positions. 

Also says that there was misinformation out there, but that the NYG are very much salivating over Haskins. Come get em!

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

Tony Pauline.. saying the talk is that next year, they plan to televise in primetime the Saturday draft drills. (QBs/WRs/RBs) If it gets better ratings, they would look to do it for all days/positions. 

Also says that there was misinformation out there, but that the NYG are very much salivating over Haskins. Come get em!

If only they had a trade chip that we were interested in, something like an all-pro receiver. I would make NYG pay more than they received for OBJ to swap 6 & 2 (although I don’t have much interest in Peppers), but I’m also kind of petty. I like our spot sitting at #2, but if we are confident ARI is going to take Murray and the rumors about the Jets taking Allen that trade with the Raiders would be fantstic.

Vic Tafur believes Nick Bosa is Raiders #1 player on their board and there has been some rumblings 49ers wouldn't mind moving out of the 2nd spot. If that was that case I would make an offer to the 49ers they can't refuse. After trading Khalil Mack things looked so bleak. But now with Mack not on the books Raiders had the money to pay guys like Antonio Brown and Trent Brown. And they have the draft capital to make a move for the best pure 4-3 DE in the draft, Nick Bosa to replace Mack. Also even if we traded 4,24 and a 2020 1st rounder. Raiders would still have 27th pick in 2019 and we have Bears 2020 1st. Its pretty wild. Its a lot to give up but it seems like a win/win for both teams. That's of course if the 49ers aren't in love with Bosa.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, raidersedge said:

Vic Tafur believes Nick Bosa is Raiders #1 player on their board and there has been some rumblings 49ers wouldn't mind moving out of the 2nd spot. If that was that case I would make an offer to the 49ers they can't refuse. After trading Khalil Mack things looked so bleak. But now with Mack not on the books Raiders had the money to pay guys like Antonio Brown and Trent Brown. And they have the draft capital to make a move for the best pure 4-3 DE in the draft, Nick Bosa to replace Mack. Also even if we traded 4,24 and a 2020 1st rounder. Raiders would still have 27th pick in 2019 and we have Bears 2020 1st. Its pretty wild. Its a lot to give up but it seems like a win/win for both teams. That's of course if the 49ers aren't in love with Bosa.

I would do that deal if I am the 49ers. Then we either get Williams or Allen at #4 and have another first this year and next. Would be awesome 

5 hours ago, raidersedge said:

If Raiders offer

2019 4th overall pick

2019 24th overall pick

2020 1st round pick

I think he takes it in a heartbeat. I know I would. It can be Chicago's 2020, I don't mind

20 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

According to ESPN's Rich Cimini, "most believe" the Jets will select Kentucky OLB Josh Allen with the third overall pick in April's draft.

Makes total sense after losing out on Barr. Murray, Bosa, Allen, QW and White seems to be the fav for top 5...could be convinced to switch Allen and QW.