2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

6 hours ago, raidersedge said:

If Raiders offer

2019 4th overall pick

2019 24th overall pick

2020 1st round pick

for the 2nd overall pick does Lynch say no?

Like I said I wouldn't make the deal unless a team over pays to get "their guy". I would do that deal. 

After that I would call NYJ to see if our 3rd would be enough to swap picks to draft Allen. If not I'd stay put and take QW. 

57 minutes ago, raidersedge said:

Vic Tafur believes Nick Bosa is Raiders #1 player on their board and there has been some rumblings 49ers wouldn't mind moving out of the 2nd spot. If that was that case I would make an offer to the 49ers they can't refuse. After trading Khalil Mack things looked so bleak. But now with Mack not on the books Raiders had the money to pay guys like Antonio Brown and Trent Brown. And they have the draft capital to make a move for the best pure 4-3 DE in the draft, Nick Bosa to replace Mack. Also even if we traded 4,24 and a 2020 1st rounder. Raiders would still have 27th pick in 2019 and we have Bears 2020 1st. Its pretty wild. Its a lot to give up but it seems like a win/win for both teams. That's of course if the 49ers aren't in love with Bosa.

Sign me up RIGHT now for that deal. Bosa is not that type of talent you trade all that for, but if the Raiders badly want him, then be my guest!! Don't get me wrong, he's going to be a Pro Bowl double digit sack guy for years to come. But the Niners would gladly do that deal. Not even sure if you need to give up a 2020 1st, but that makes it all that much better.

If Bosa goes #1 though, then it becomes interesting. I can see a team offering a crazy package for the 2nd pick. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If Bosa goes #1 though, then it becomes interesting. I can see a team offering a crazy package for the 2nd pick

Which is why we couldn't agree to trade #2 for odell straight up in March! 

14 minutes ago, N4L said:

Which is why we couldn't agree to trade #2 for odell straight up in March! 

Maybe so, but if Murray does go #1 then what? I'd still have taken OBJ all things considered. Get back a 3rd rounder from NYG and trade that for a future 2nd to get back our 2nd we lose for Ford. Yes, I'm aware OBJ was traded before Ford, but clearly we had the Ford trade pretty much done and were just waiting for the OBJ situation to play out. 

8 hours ago, raidersedge said:

If Raiders offer

2019 4th overall pick

2019 24th overall pick

2020 1st round pick

for the 2nd overall pick does Lynch say no?

Man, I love Bosa but this would be incredibly hard to pass up. I would imagine the 49ers would have to send someone or another pick back, but that's a crazy *** haul. 

Speaking of the Raiders trading up.

Idk if I've brought it up, but my friend works for the Raiders. I do think they like Bosa, but when I brought it up with him, I guess they talk about his PED usage quite a bit. He said Gruden really likes Josh Allen and Josh Jacobs, but he adores Kyler Murray. I asked him about moving up and he said they likely won't but that he also doesn't know. He's not on the Personnel/scouting side so he's not privy to the deeper workings of the team, but he does deal directly with Gruden and others and they definitely say stuff to him. 1/4 through the season he was on the elevator with Gruden and Gruden asked him "Do you think we have any players on defense that could start on another team" friend - "uhh..Bruce Irvin" J- *scoffs* "No, he sucks, we don't have a single god damn player that should be starting on defense" elevator door is opening and Reggie McKenzie is sitting their giving them both the stink eye.

If I'm the Cardinals, I'm doing everything in my power to figure out what the Raiders want to do. If the Raiders could trade Carr to Washington for their third round pick (which I think would be fair) I would go out of my way to work with them then. Raiders trade Carr, They could make out of this with another first rounder and then some and still get Quinnen. Given the Jets various needs, I think DK, Allen and Taylor would all be picked ahead of QW in the case of the Jets. If the Raiders get Kyler, 49ers obviously go Bosa, Taylor then bam QW. Also, doubt QW drops past Tampa or NY so they can't trade back too far.  But this is working under the notion that Kyler is THEIR guy. If they aren't 100% sold on him, they have no reason to trade up, but if they aren't sold on him 100%, I doubt they pick him at all. But If I'm a Cardinals fan, I'm salivating at the thought of getting QW at 4. And If I'm a raiders fan, getting rid of Carr's contract, getting a better QB  (in all likelihood) while still holding a litany of picks is also extremely attractive. Win win for everyone in the top 4. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

Him as well CGJ is why I was ok with not signing ET. Both guys have enough talent to compete for starter spot next season. Also both have the upside to be very good S. 

15 minutes ago, sherm said:

Him as well CGJ is why I was ok with not signing ET. Both guys have enough talent to compete for starter spot next season. Also both have the upside to be very good S. 

The problem is, I don't feel like we are drafting a safety. I think we are very content with Ward and Colbert. Obviously we will know for sure in a month, but I just have this weird feeling that the plan has always been Ward and Colbert

1 hour ago, Forge said:

The problem is, I don't feel like we are drafting a safety. I think we are very content with Ward and Colbert. Obviously we will know for sure in a month, but I just have this weird feeling that the plan has always been Ward and Colbert

Or maybe Ward is a preemptive back-up plan. If we sign ET, we don't draft a safety early. But if we sign Ward, we can still draft a safety, we can try to trade Ward, we can release Ward, or we can keep Ward. This is a possibility.

But the other, perhaps more likely possibility, is that the team doesn't think S is a problem, while we, as fans, think it is.

2 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Or maybe Ward is a preemptive back-up plan. If we sign ET, we don't draft a safety early. But if we sign Ward, we can still draft a safety, we can try to trade Ward, we can release Ward, or we can keep Ward. This is a possibility.

But the other, perhaps more likely possibility, is that the team doesn't think S is a problem, while we, as fans, think it is.

That's what I'm saying. I don't think the FO views it as an issue. I think they are high on Colbert and Ward and don't look at it as a problem. That's why I don't think we go safety early

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Will be interesting for sure but why I think we trade down to accumulate more picks. REALLY deep draft in the mid first to 2nd round range. A lot of good players will be dropping so I could see Shanny/Lynch wanting multiple 2nd and 3rd rounders. Obviously it would be ideal to use one of those picks to get us a 2020 1st rounder or 2020 2nd rounder.

Thornhill I see going mid to late first. Driving my way up to work today I was listening to Kiper and he was saying he expects five to six safeties to be drafted by the mid 2nd round. That's kind of crazy but could see it happening. 

32 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's what I'm saying. I don't think the FO views it as an issue. I think they are high on Colbert and Ward and don't look at it as a problem. That's why I don't think we go safety early

Not sure about this. Ward just got a one year 5 million deal. That's not a guy you're committed to. And Colbert they very well may believe has something but needs more schooling. I could buy that, but I expect us to take a FS by the 3rd round at the latest. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not sure about this. Ward just got a one year 5 million deal. That's not a guy you're committed to. And Colbert they very well may believe has something but needs more schooling. I could buy that, but I expect us to take a FS by the 3rd round at the latest. 

Possibly. It's certainly not long term commitment, but I do think this staff loves him. I think if we take one, it's like round 6 

7 hours ago, John232 said:

Idk if I've brought it up, but my friend works for the Raiders. I do think they like Bosa, but when I brought it up with him, I guess they talk about his PED usage quite a bit.

Not trying to call you out, but what exactly does your friend do for the Raiders? I feel like if this is common knowledge within the Raiders organization, other organizations would know about it as well and we would be hearing about it from other sources. I don’t think he would be so highly thought of as a prospect at this point if this was a known issue either. He’s had meetings with every top 5 team in this draft as well. I don’t think they’d even be considering Bosa that high if PEDs was a going concern. 

Edited by Gore Whore 21