2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

12 hours ago, John232 said:

I’d also like us to address tackle again before we address receiver.

We should draft a tackle, and sign a veteran WR. Wide receiver is such a technical position that it really does take a few years to hone your craft, I'd rather just sign someone who we know can ball out than draft someone we hope will. Same goes for corner. Just pay the guys who have shown they can play in this league and spend draft capital on other positions. If we ever want to be a complete team it's time to attack our weaknesses. I'd rather go down swinging than saying 'we are two years away' for the next 5 years 

... Is it April yet? 

So Chase Winovich might be my LEO crush. He pops off the tape in a big big way to me. His burst up field is insane. I haven't watched any Sweat yet, but he might be my #2 LEO, barely passing up Ferrell. 

edit: More I watch him, He's not a pure LEO, speed rush guy only. He might be cut out to be a SAM backer for us. I could also see 3-4 team going for him in the end of the first. He has an incredible motor, delivers a punch with every hit and shows enough bend to be a real threat in pass-rush situations. Combine testing will be interesting for him, he looks like a better athlete than profiles are giving him credit for. He does a great job of fighting through contact. I think he could really refine his pass-rush arsenal. Definitely trying to just speed past, or out muscle guys. Not happening at the next level. But if we got him in the second or third, I'd be stoked. Seems like a guy who can come in right away and contribute too. 

Edited by John232

19 minutes ago, John232 said:

So Chase Winovich might be my LEO crush. He pops off the tape in a big big way to me. His burst up field is insane. I haven't watched any Sweat yet, but he might be my #2 LEO, barely passing up Ferrell. 

edit: More I watch him, He's not a pure LEO, speed rush guy only. He might be cut out to be a SAM backer for us. I could also see 3-4 team going for him in the end of the first. He has an incredible motor, delivers a punch with every hit and shows enough bend to be a real threat in pass-rush situations. Combine testing will be interesting for him, he looks like a better athlete than profiles are giving him credit for. He does a great job of fighting through contact. I think he could really refine his pass-rush arsenal. Definitely trying to just speed past, or out muscle guys. Not happening at the next level. But if we got him in the second or third, I'd be stoked. Seems like a guy who can come in right away and contribute too. 

Give me your LEO rankings and don't you dare exclude....................................

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Give me your LEO rankings and don't you dare exclude....................................

I'm sitting my *** down right now and watching his tape. I actually started too last night then I got distracted with Chase Winovich, lol. 

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Where are you finding film on him? From what little i've seen of him and his statistical output, he's caught my attention. He absolutely dad dicked LSU. 

31 minutes ago, John232 said:

I was going to post something about Winovich. Not sure how I feel about him yet. Another edge guy that will be in the first round conversation I think, or at least early second. I'm going back and forth on it. I honestly have no idea why in the world we would pass on an edge rusher in the first, but if we brainfart and due, he's a guy that I think could be there in the second that we would be interested in bringing in. 

6 minutes ago, John232 said:

Where are you finding film on him? From what little i've seen of him and his statistical output, he's caught my attention. He absolutely dad dicked LSU. 

My only film on him is watching the last two Florida games lol.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

My only film on him is watching the last two Florida games lol.

It's weird, there's not a lot of tape or even highlights of him online. I'll make time for him Saturday. I'll get on that hype train. 

3 minutes ago, John232 said:

It's weird, there's not a lot of tape or even highlights of him online. I'll make time for him Saturday. I'll get on that hype train. 

Supposedly he wasn't even playing all that much until this year and was splitting time with other edge rushers. Watching him dominate the last two weeks may make me pay attention to the rest of the edge rushers on Florida if Polite couldn't see any time until this year.