2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

6 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

So are we just using aspects of the wide 9? or moving fully into this scheme? 

Believe it will be more aspects. We already used some wide 9 in mostly our nickle and dime packages so we could see more but i don't think we will go fully wide 9.

45 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

His route-running needs refinement due to inexperience, but he is an intriguing Day 2 prospect.

He is.. and he looks so WR-ish slight, to me... yet I say the same thing every time I see Kittle. :/ 

Looks like a good class to wait until day 3 to address a strong TE2 option, but adding Jace at 67+ isn't something that would upset.

Any chance Niners would pass on Bosa for non football related reasons? Tweeting San Francisco looks like a third world country, saying he loves Donald Trump, liking tweets of White Nationalism, calling Kaepernick a clown, saying Black Panther is the one of the worst movie's he's seen, etc.

5 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

His route-running needs refinement due to inexperience, but he is an intriguing Day 2 prospect.

I like Oliver alot more but I do like his game. Especially how they split him out in the slot, like we do Kittle. Not the same athlete as GK but his route running is very Kittle-esque.

Edited by 757-NINER

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Any chance Niners would pass on Bosa for non football related reasons? Tweeting San Francisco looks like a third world country, saying he loves Donald Trump, liking tweets of White Nationalism, calling Kaepernick a clown, saying Black Panther is the one of the worst movie's he's seen, etc.

I think it will be addressed between the player and team....after that, I don't know. Seems like a whole lot of nothing to me...locker rooms have all sorts, not sure why this is any different. It's not like this team doesn't have conservative republicans right now. As for SF looking like a third world country...meh, I mean, players have done stuff like that before. Fans tend to be a forgiving lot if you play well...and as one of your own fans said, not like we play in SF anyway ;)

But the rumors have been steadily building on QW, so I do think that there's every bit of possibility that we do pass on Bosa just in favor of QW. Which is fine. I think QW and Bosa are on the same tier in this draft class, and that tier is above everyone else, so if we come out with one of those two, I'm happy. We can sort the rest of the crap with QW / Buck / Solly / Armstead out later tbh (though I honestly would expect one of them to be traded on day 2 /day 3 of the draft lol) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

If I remember Mike Shanahan hosted a fundraiser for Donald Trump when he was running. So idk if Kyle cares or does. I hope we don't draft based on that but you never know.

3 hours ago, Forge said:

But the rumors have been steadily building on QW, so I do think that there's every bit of possibility that we do pass on Bosa just in favor of QW. Which is fine. I think QW and Bosa are on the same tier in this draft class, and that tier is above everyone else, so if we come out with one of those two, I'm happy. We can sort the rest of the crap with QW / Buck / Solly / Armstead out later tbh (though I honestly would expect one of them to be traded on day 2 /day 3 of the draft lol) 

I'm just happy we won't be reaching for a player in the first like the past two seasons besides Foster.

4 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

I'm just happy we won't be reaching for a player in the first like the past two seasons besides Foster.

So you're saying McG was a reach?? In what way excatly? Maybe the position, in terms of needs at the time. Not the talent tho...

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 2