2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

Just now, Justone2 said:

Honestly not the biggest Sweat fan. I think i would go Ferrell before i go either Burns or Sweat. Sweat will be a higher pick because of the combine but honestly i would prefer to bet on a guy like Joe Jackson in the third over Sweat at the back end of the top 10.

Solid chance Ferrell drops late first or even in the 2nd round. That is who I'm predicting will drop further than the draft "experts" think. I've seen him mocked in the top 10-15 quite a bit, but think he will be falling. So hey, how does drafting Williams at #2 and Ferrell at #36 sound to you????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Honestly not the biggest Sweat fan. I think i would go Ferrell before i go either Burns or Sweat. Sweat will be a higher pick because of the combine but honestly i would prefer to bet on a guy like Joe Jackson in the third over Sweat at the back end of the top 10.

No worries there because Jackson is probably a 5th / 6th rounder :P 

Just now, Chrissooner49er said:

Really?! He steadily regressed after 2012. STEADILY. He was never the same. His game was one read and run. Anything else confused him.

What is Nate Peterman's game or Blaine Gabbert's game or Josh Johnson's game or Joe Blow's game? Don't waste your time debating this and it is best we don't continue this on this board, but there is one reason and one reason only why he's not in the league. Even if you think he isn't good, there is NOTHING to support the QBs I listed being better and given countless of opportunities in the cases of Gabbert and Peterman. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Solid chance Ferrell drops late first or even in the 2nd round. That is who I'm predicting will drop further than the draft "experts" think. I've seen him mocked in the top 10-15 quite a bit, but think he will be falling. So hey, how does drafting Williams at #2 and Ferrell at #36 sound to you????

Still would not want Williams in that scenario. I can see Ferrell possibly falling simply because he seems to be dodging running a 40. He may have a toe injury, though from what I read.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This was actually why I was thinking on the Sweat thing...QW and then book ending that wtih Ferrell or Sweat if they happen to be there in the second? Yeah...I'm kind of all for that. I think the receiver will be there in round 3, and since I don't feel convinced we are going safety in rounds 2 or 3, yeah, give me the pass rushing. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Would be great. I think i would prefer a trade down or Bosa more than Williams still but really wouldn't mind picking Williams if we grab a guy like Ferrell at #36 or Joe Jackson at #67.

2 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

You're late to the party. That's already been hashed out in the Draft Forum.

For the most part, most teams allow players to have their opinions. Where Kaep went wrong was not being good enough to stay on a roster. He's an athlete and a good one, but he doesn't have the mental attributes or discipline needed to be a good QB. The political activism was not the only issue with him.

Those of you who are arguing with me seem to have missed this part. I did not say it was a non-issue, I said it wasn't the ONLY issue. Please read. Don't just go off on one sentence. You're being selective readers. @J-ALL-DAY @sherm

Edited by Chrissooner49er
tags

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

This was actually why I was thinking on the Sweat thing...QW and then book ending that wtih Ferrell or Sweat if they happen to be there in the second? Yeah...I'm kind of all for that. I think the receiver will be there in round 3, and since I don't feel convinced we are going safety in rounds 2 or 3, yeah, give me the pass rushing. 

3 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Would be great. I think i would prefer a trade down or Bosa more than Williams still but really wouldn't mind picking Williams if we grab a guy like Ferrell at #36 or Joe Jackson at #67.

Working on a top notch mock draft right now (LOL) and may be electing to go in this direction lol.

But maaaaaaaaaaan do I really like Hollywood Brown, so it is still to be determined to see if I elect to go in this direction Ha. 

1 minute ago, Justone2 said:

One day people will have to explain the Joe Jackson love to me. He's a lock day 3 prospect to me. One guy in the draft forum is convinced he'll be the best to come out of this class. He's not nearly as athletic as people make him out to be, his production was meh with major consistency problems, he's super raw with regards to technique, etc. I just don't know why people love him that much. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Love that hashtag! If they cleared him at the Combine, I see no issue with it.

I see more in Sweat to translate to the NFL than Burns. Burns is smooth, fast and technically sound, but where is the power? Sweat has length, speed, some power and has been improving his technique already in the draft process.

I really hope the bolded happens. I want both more picks and Sweat on our D.

I agree with this. IMO, I see some Julius Peppers in Sweat and I see a better version of Aaron Maybin in Burns. Before people come at me for this, let me explain:

Sweat/Peppers - The size and athletism are extremely similar. Peppers could beat you with speed and power, I see that in Sweat, too. Honestly, I'm not sure anyone in the class has a better mix of speed and power ability than Sweat. 

Burns/Maybin - I'm making this comparison mostly off of body type and play style. Maybin ONLY won with speed. So far, we've only seen Burns win with speed. Maybin - 6'4 230 / Burns - 6'5 220 (play weight). I 100% think Burns is better than Maybin ever was, but I still see a similar body and skill set between them. 

I feel like Sweat is the safer pick and the better bet to be a consistent 10-sack player than Burns. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't think that's a mess...a little rampant paranoia, maybe, but do what you've got to do, I suppose. 

Didn't know who to trust as in which evaluations to trust or they think they have scouts leaking stuff out?