2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

yeah that's what I took out of the 'have told QW that he might be the pick' 

As in, someone else may trade up to get him. Probably would be the raiders honestly. 

It could even be the cardinals floating those rumors about us trading solly. It would make the raiders think our QW interest is real, while also making solly feel like he is unwanted. its a win-win for them

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Oh, so Metcalf is dropping to the 2nd round? Lol. 

That's been the rumor the past 24 hours. Only guy that is a lock is Marquise Brown. AJ Brown and N'Keal Harry could slip into the late first with a team trading up to avoid the inevitable run on WRs at the top of the 2nd.

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Oh, so Metcalf is dropping to the 2nd round? Lol. 

Credit to dk, he handled it publicly better than polite. But he did say in an interview he learned to, "keep his cool" after meeting with the niners

I'm waiting for the 49ers to just go all in on the first round of this draft. Trade next year's first rounder to get back into the first this year, trade up from their second rounder this year to get back into the first, 49ers end up with three first round picks lol. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Credit to dk, he handled it publicly better than polite. But he did say in an interview he learned to, "keep his cool" after meeting with the niners

This big time. Look i understand things can get testy or heated in those meetings but when you put it in the public in the way Polite did you just put the spotlight on yourself on how you handle criticism. The way DK handled it shows more maturity even though you might feel you where wronged in that meeting.

Honestly, the only deal I'd legitimately be interested in if we trade down. Moving from 4 to 2 would secure us one of the raiders later first rounders, and provided the Cards take Murray, we are still assured Allen / QW. 

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

Maybe I'm biased toward the Niners, but I don't completely understand the hate for Lynch. Looking back on his first two drafts, I actually thought they were pretty good.

All-pro players: 0

Stars: Kittle

Longterm Starters: McGlinchey, Warner

Flashed potential/may start long-term: Pettis, Witherspoon, Jones

^It's not ideal (and I am being kind with Witherspoon). Spin Reuben Foster however you like, but you spend a first round pick on a guy many removed from their board and he's off the team in less than a year and a half? That's just a bad pick. 

Worse, you can create a much better 2017 draft class solely using players selected in spots Lynch traded out of:

Mitch Trubisky - QB

Cam Robinson - OT

Alvin Kamara- RB

Jaleel Johnson- NT

Tedric Thompson- S

Marlon Mack - RB

Anthony Walker, Jr. - LB

Chuck Clark - S

Stacy Coley - WR

He has not been good almost anywhere. All we currently have is potential, and this is a class that should be reaching its potential in 2017. Instead, the top pick might be off the team, the second first already is, our first third rounder is facing competition from a guy who hasn't played since 2016, our second third couldn't hold off a UDFA from the backup QB job, and the 4th round pick never played a down.

Kittle might be a star, but every squirrel finds a nut (Baalke drafted Buckner after all). 

2018 looks better, but we're still looking at nothing but potential. Combine this with a horrible free agent strategy and things have not been stellar. Lynch needs a home run draft this year. 

And after spelling it out that way, I don't think I have a dilemma anymore. If Bosa is there, just draft him- even with a jackpot offer. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly, the only deal I'd legitimately be interested in if we trade down. Moving from 4 to 2 would secure us one of the raiders later first rounders, and provided the Cards take Murray, we are still assured Allen / QW. 

Sign me up! Even if the Jets take my boy Allen, getting an extra first and QW makes that a lot more palatable

1 minute ago, y2lamanaki said:

All-pro players: 0

Stars: Kittle

Longterm Starters: McGlinchey, Warner

Flashed potential/may start long-term: Pettis, Witherspoon, Jones

^It's not ideal (and I am being kind with Witherspoon). Spin Reuben Foster however you like, but you spend a first round pick on a guy many removed from their board and he's off the team in less than a year and a half? That's just a bad pick. 

Worse, you can create a much better 2017 draft class solely using players selected in spots Lynch traded out of:

Mitch Trubisky - QB

Cam Robinson - OT

Alvin Kamara- RB

Jaleel Johnson- NT

Tedric Thompson- S

Marlon Mack - RB

Anthony Walker, Jr. - LB

Chuck Clark - S

Stacy Coley - WR

He has not been good almost anywhere. All we currently have is potential, and this is a class that should be reaching its potential in 2017. Instead, the top pick might be off the team, the second first already is, our first third rounder is facing competition from a guy who hasn't played since 2016, our second third couldn't hold off a UDFA from the backup QB job, and the 4th round pick never played a down.

Kittle might be a star, but every squirrel finds a nut (Baalke drafted Buckner after all). 

2018 looks better, but we're still looking at nothing but potential. Combine this with a horrible free agent strategy and things have not been stellar. Lynch needs a home run draft this year. 

And after spelling it out that way, I don't think I have a dilemma anymore. If Bosa is there, just draft him- even with a jackpot offer. 

And honestly, I'm not even sure that Warner is a "long term starter". We will see. But he didn't strike me as an impact player, though that is extremely hard gauge given that defense last year, the fact that he was a rookie, etc. I'm still in wait and see mode on Warner. He more or less just struck me as a reliable guy that you can plug in and not have him be detrimental to the defense...though again, if you project some progression, obviously he should get better.

Just now, Forge said:

And honestly, I'm not even sure that Warner is a "long term starter". We will see. But he didn't strike me as an impact player, though that is extremely hard gauge given that defense last year, the fact that he was a rookie, etc. I'm still in wait and see mode on Warner. He more or less just struck me as a reliable guy that you can plug in and not have him be detrimental to the defense...though again, if you project some progression, obviously he should get better.

I don't see them going another route for sometime and I do think he gets even better. I'm not sure he will ever star, but he's the kind of guy I can see keeping around longterm for reliability both on and off the field. One who likely doesn't get/need a huge second contract. And if he does become a star player, even better.

17 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

This big time. Look i understand things can get testy or heated in those meetings but when you put it in the public in the way Polite did you just put the spotlight on yourself on how you handle criticism. The way DK handled it shows more maturity even though you might feel you where wronged in that meeting.

I don't even understand how this can happen.. assuming the kids so aggrieved were not juiced up and the aggression pumping uncontrollably. 

Even if a team asked me a messed up, jerk arse question... I would smile and say, "I have no interest in that question, and I won't respond further to it."

They may take me off their board, no problem... but if I asked a messed up question and got that response??? I'd like the kid a lot more.

• Like 1