2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So some reports that Greedy may drop to the 2nd round? Um…….

This shopping of Solly was leaked by who and why? 

I saw that Greedy never had a single visit with a team. Pretty strange, I didnt think he had that many red flags. 

I've seen Greedy in the second for a while now. It looks like quite a few corners have passed him up, for whatever reason. Murphy, Rock Ya Sin, Baker, and JoeJuan Williams are all guys that I Have seen in various mocks go before Greedy at this stage. 

Greedy's draft range feels huge right now for some reason. I wouldn't be totally shocked if he went somewhere in the teens, wouldn't be shocked if he was the 4th corner off the board somewhere at the top of the second. 

If Greedy drops, it's because he came off as a knucklehead during interviews, or has weight/injury concerns.

Top 20 guy on field talent, imo. 

Just now, 48 1/2ers said:

I saw that Greedy never had a single visit with a team. Pretty strange, I didnt think he had that many red flags. 

Yeah, it happens every now and again (Tyler Eifert is one that comes to mind). Definitely an oddity. Not sure if it's good or bad. If he had major red flags, I find it more likely that he would have had a number of visits with teams. Likely teams just figure that they have all the information they need on him. the only team visit I heard on Garrett Bradbury was the Ravens, and he's another guy where you probably just don't need to have him visit to get more information, etc. 

9 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Profootballtalk reported it today but could be nothing 

But who leaked it to them and why? I highly doubt it was anyone in our FO. So what team would it benefit to leak that? 

Unless Solly's agent leaked it? 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But who leaked it to them and why? I highly doubt it was anyone in our FO. So what team would it benefit to leak that? 

Could be the Cardinals trying to get someone to trade up for Bosa or QW

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Whoever leaked it, Dave'Te has been talking about it for at least a week. Cornerback class isn't that good, it's a bunch of guys better suited at playing safety.

Edited by typecast

18 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

I don't even understand how this can happen.. assuming the kids so aggrieved were not juiced up and the aggression pumping uncontrollably. 

Even if a team asked me a messed up, jerk arse question... I would smile and say, "I have no interest in that question, and I won't respond further to it."

They may take me off their board, no problem... but if I asked a messed up question and got that response??? I'd like the kid a lot more.

Honestly as a young kid that sits there and gets torn apart it hurts their pride and everyone responds different to things like that. Besides that some people just get angry quicker than others when they feel they get attacked on things they have no control over and react from their primary instinct which is why teams do it. How will a guy handle adversity and if you just handle it with calm and poise it will push you up draft boards.

8 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Honestly as a young kid that sits there and gets torn apart it hurts their pride and everyone responds different to things like that. Besides that some people just get angry quicker than others when they feel they get attacked on things they have no control over and react from their primary instinct which is why teams do it. How will a guy handle adversity and if you just handle it with calm and poise it will push you up draft boards.

Sounds like a process that nets results. Young kid or not, he needs to come in prepared and composed. Biggest opportunity interviews he will ever know. Not really an argument with you. You stated you understand how a kid could feel and react. I get that. I just feel no sympathy for kid that looses his cool over it, and he can kick rocks far away from my team. The NFL coaching and overall pressure is strong and unrelenting. If he can't handle some questions that hurt his feelings.. questions given by potential employers handing him big money? Then he likely won't handle much else well. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Sounds like a process that nets results. Young kid or not, he needs to come in prepared and composed. Biggest opportunity interviews he will ever know. Not really an argument with you. You stated you understand how a kid could feel and react. I get that. I just feel no sympathy for kid that looses his cool over it, and he can kick rocks far away from my team. The NFL coaching and overall pressure is strong and unrelenting. If he can't handle some questions that hurt his feelings.. questions given by potential employers handing him big money? Then he likely won't handle much else well. 

I can see it from their perspective and not liking what happened during the interview. Losing your cool during the intervier no matter what is just a bad look on you and shows a lack of maturity and preparation.

I'm starting to think the Cardinals aren't going Kyle. I find so weird there's no reports yet on who they are going to pick. Last year by now there where a ton of reports it was baker. I have a feeling they are going to trade out.

Edited by 49erurtaza

50 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

All-pro players: 0

Stars: Kittle

Longterm Starters: McGlinchey, Warner

Flashed potential/may start long-term: Pettis, Witherspoon, Jones

^It's not ideal (and I am being kind with Witherspoon). Spin Reuben Foster however you like, but you spend a first round pick on a guy many removed from their board and he's off the team in less than a year and a half? That's just a bad pick. 

Worse, you can create a much better 2017 draft class solely using players selected in spots Lynch traded out of:

Mitch Trubisky - QB

Cam Robinson - OT

Alvin Kamara- RB

Jaleel Johnson- NT

Tedric Thompson- S

Marlon Mack - RB

Anthony Walker, Jr. - LB

Chuck Clark - S

Stacy Coley - WR

He has not been good almost anywhere. All we currently have is potential, and this is a class that should be reaching its potential in 2017. Instead, the top pick might be off the team, the second first already is, our first third rounder is facing competition from a guy who hasn't played since 2016, our second third couldn't hold off a UDFA from the backup QB job, and the 4th round pick never played a down.

Kittle might be a star, but every squirrel finds a nut (Baalke drafted Buckner after all). 

2018 looks better, but we're still looking at nothing but potential. Combine this with a horrible free agent strategy and things have not been stellar. Lynch needs a home run draft this year. 

And after spelling it out that way, I don't think I have a dilemma anymore. If Bosa is there, just draft him- even with a jackpot offer. 

To each their own, I suppose. I think it's entirely too early to judge both draft classes, both positively and negatively. I think 2017 class showed solid promise in year one and regressed in year two, but so did most of the team. The 2018 class showed promise in year one and TBD on year two. Maybe the 2017 class bounces back and we have some solid starters and Lynch looks smart again. Maybe they don't and peoples' hatred for Lynch deepens. 

Foster was definitely a bad pick. I, personally am not a fan of gambling on character-ambiguous players, but we did with Foster and got burnt. Year one, it looked like a smart move. Then the offseason happened. I guess Lynch and Co. thought they could manage Foster but turns out, not even Foster can manage Foster.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I'm starting to think the Cardinals aren't going Kyle. I find so weird there's no reports yet on who they are going to pick. Last year by now there where a ton of reports it was baker. I have a feeling they are going to trade out.

Usually when the first pick gets traded it is already known before the draft. Really think they want Murray but nobody is willing to trade what they want for Rosen.