2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

When he's racking up 15 sacks a year, come back and talk to me....

Completely possible. I think he’d need the Aldon treatment his rookie year personally (nickel rusher), but if he can bulk up and maintain his explosiveness he’ll be a handful. I don’t think anyone questions his passrush ability, it’s his ability to hold up in the run that is questionable. Like I said, I’m a Burns fan, just not at 4.

36 minutes ago, Uncle_Rico said:

There's no doubt that the Foster pick is a bust. But to me that doesn't make it a bad pick. I prefer to grade picks right after they're made and at the time I thought Foster was worth the risk at the price. Whether he busts or turns into a superstar after that doesn't affect my grade on the pick.

I was behind the Foster pick as well (chose him in the Are You Smarter game), but nobody is winning games in April. When evaluating a GM, he doesn't get bonus points because he took a risk that didn't work. His job is to find players to win games and Foster isn't that.

5. Two players on fifth-year options that have been part of trade discussions—Philly’s Nelson Agholor and San Francisco’s Arik Armstead. Both players could be had for a price. But neither will be given away, since each would be part of their team’s comp-pick equation in 2020. As for the other defensive lineman in San Francisco, Solomon Thomas, there’s optimism he’ll be a better fit playing in a new scheme under first-year line coach Kris Kocurek, so I think it’s much less likely he’d be moved.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/04/25/nfl-draft-2019-first-round-news-rumors-updates

So what is it lol. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

Long time lurker, happy to be here on draft day!

LOVE that the cardinals appear to be unsure on who they are picking. I know everything is smoke during these times, but it really appears the Cards don't know what direction they will take. Also really liked Bosa's take on why he should be picked number one..."you have a QB already and picking those can be hit/miss and if you don't pick me, I will sack your QB". 

Having said that, I'm all in on the niners picking Bosa but wouldn't be upset with a williams or trade down. 

2 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

I was behind the Foster pick as well (chose him in the Are You Smarter game), but nobody is winning games in April. When evaluating a GM, he doesn't get bonus points because he took a risk that didn't work. His job is to find players to win games and Foster isn't that.

To me it's poker. It was either a good pick at the time or not. Anyone can bat .1000 in hindsight.

But fair enough.

10 minutes ago, PNWjefe said:

Long time lurker, happy to be here on draft day!

LOVE that the cardinals appear to be unsure on who they are picking. I know everything is smoke during these times, but it really appears the Cards don't know what direction they will take. Also really liked Bosa's take on why he should be picked number one..."you have a QB already and picking those can be hit/miss and if you don't pick me, I will sack your QB". 

Having said that, I'm all in on the niners picking Bosa but wouldn't be upset with a williams or trade down. 

Welcome! Go Niners!

Absolutely cannot get behind of a trade of Solly. Utilize the guy the way he's supposed to be and see what happens. Would be a mistake to give him away imo. If there's one to trade it's Armstead even though I like him, we just don't need him.

Hope to see Bosa at #2 in 1,5 hours.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

Absolutely cannot get behind of a trade of Solly. Utilize the guy the way he's supposed to be and see what happens. Would be a mistake to give him away imo. If there's one to trade it's Armstead even though I like him, we just don't need him.

Hope to see Bosa at #2 in 1,5 hours.

100%! It would be hard to see them trade a guy before giving him a real shot at where he belongs to play. Add Bosa to the mix we rollin'

• Like 1