2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Just got back from a wedding so haven't seen any games today, but looks like Polite had another good game. At this point is there even a chance he lasts in the teens? 

We live scored that game. He's certainly going to be on the radar

31 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I can see this happen if bosa is gone. 

I can see it happen even if Bosa is there. Depends on free agency and how we retool the team beforehand. But if we still have a lot of holes and a team can send us a large package of picks, we probably should take it in a deep pass rusher draft. Especially if we can find one pass rusher in free agency. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sherm said:

Only way we trade out of the #1 pick better be some team clearly overpaid to come up and get "their" guy. If not draft what should be the best player on our board and look for the top of rd 2 to add more picks.

Well, that would be the case. I am not talking about a Trubisky-style move. I'm talking about a mega-trade. One that could be quite possible given that there's a consensus top QB.

One of my favorite scenarios would be the Jaguars (currently 7th), swapping picks, sending us Ramsey, and maybe another mid-round pick or two, then we pick up one of the non-Bosa choices AND have a stud CB. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Well, that would be the case. I am not talking about a Trubisky-style move. I'm talking about a mega-trade. One that could be quite possible given that there's a consensus top QB.

One of my favorite scenarios would be the Jaguars (currently 7th), swapping picks, sending us Ramsey, and maybe another mid-round pick or two, then we pick up one of the non-Bosa choices AND have a stud CB. 

Man I need a hit of whatever that is cuz that's a hella dream scenario...lol

5 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

If the GIants land #2 or #3 i wouldn't mind trading down with them if we end up first and they get scared someone will move up above them. And while i would love Bosa i think adding more high picks would be even better for us with the amount of needs we still have. 

9 minutes ago, sherm said:

Man I need a hit of whatever that is cuz that's a hella dream scenario...lol

A hit of what - a scenario grounded in reality? If that's all you need, I envy you, lol. 

Jags clearly need a QB. There's one QB in the draft. That's step #1. 

Number 2 - figuring out the trade. To get from #8 to #2, Eagles also gave up a 3rd and 4th in the same draft, as well as a future first and future 2nd. It would cost more to move from #7 to #1, but let's assume it's the same for the same 6-spot jump. 

Next - Jags have to be willing to trade Ramsey. According to Schefter, they are. 

The most a CB has ever been traded for over the last 25 years is a 2nd and 4th - the Marcus Peters deal. Ramsey's worth more - so make him worth a 1st - take out the extra 1st from the Eagles trade above, and the Jags should still be trading an extra 2nd, a 3rd, and a 4th to us for that move up. I suggested only the 3rd and 4th, making Ramsey worth a 1st and 2nd (which is a high price).  

In fact - if all we got was Ramsey, a 3rd, and 4th in that trade, we'd probably be seen as the losers. Especially given that a couple teams (the Giants, for one) would likely be driving up the price in a bid to get to the top. 

18 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Just got back from a wedding so haven't seen any games today, but looks like Polite had another good game. At this point is there even a chance he lasts in the teens? 

Polite cant control who he plays against but FSU has been garbage all year long. 

Honestly at this point I am almost at a loss of what positions to look for, we need upgrades everywhere still. And that's not a dis to lynch and shanny, this is a terrible situation.

Every level of the defense, interior oline especially, but I don't rule out another tackle. RB, QB and TE are ok for now I guess. So that's 4 out of 22 when you count buckner.

Sorry, taking the implosion of foster a little hard this morning. Should have known with that guy, he had all the signs.

5 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

A hit of what - a scenario grounded in reality? If that's all you need, I envy you, lol. 

Jags clearly need a QB. There's one QB in the draft. That's step #1. 

Number 2 - figuring out the trade. To get from #8 to #2, Eagles also gave up a 3rd and 4th in the same draft, as well as a future first and future 2nd. It would cost more to move from #7 to #1, but let's assume it's the same for the same 6-spot jump. 

Next - Jags have to be willing to trade Ramsey. According to Schefter, they are. 

The most a CB has ever been traded for over the last 25 years is a 2nd and 4th - the Marcus Peters deal. Ramsey's worth more - so make him worth a 1st - take out the extra 1st from the Eagles trade above, and the Jags should still be trading an extra 2nd, a 3rd, and a 4th to us for that move up. I suggested only the 3rd and 4th, making Ramsey worth a 1st and 2nd (which is a high price).  

In fact - if all we got was Ramsey, a 3rd, and 4th in that trade, we'd probably be seen as the losers. Especially given that a couple teams (the Giants, for one) would likely be driving up the price in a bid to get to the top. 

Agreed! We just need Herbert to declare. Rumors are he may go back to Oregon, unless you are referring to someone else?

5 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

The most a CB has ever been traded for over the last 25 years is a 2nd and 4th - the Marcus Peters deal.

Revis was traded for a first round pick (#13), and a 4th (would have been a 3rd had Revis been on the roster the second year) 

Could argue that Ramsey has more value in trade right now than revis did at that point, but hard to say 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Revis was traded for a first round pick (#13), and a 4th (would have been a 3rd had Revis been on the roster the second year) 

Could argue that Ramsey has more value in trade right now than revis did at that point, but hard to say 

You're absolute right. A few other players involved in first round picks (though in multi-player deals) as well. My phone only displayed a few of the trades in Pro-Football-Reference's trade finder. Still - same point - if Revis is a first and a 4th, Ramsey is still worth at least a 1st and a 2nd in the above trade. It would still cover the value. I doubt Ramsey would fetch two firsts.

We are now officially the favorites to land the #1 overall pick per ESPN FPI (believe it or not, previously the odds had  been in the favor of Arizona, who obviously screwed the pooch with that yesterday). Currently, our percentage to get #1 overall per FPI is 44%, with the Raiders second at 30%. Thankfully, even the two team tie breaker is SOS, and we have a nice lead in that with the raiders (.526 v .568). 

What's amazing for the Raiders is how bad their additional first round picks have gotten. When they acquired the first round pick from Dallas, it was actually a top 10 pick (I think 7th or 9th). It is now slated at 22nd. The Bears pick is 26th. I mean, nice to have 3 first round picks, but when two of them are in the 20's, its just not as big of a deal, I guess.