2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

48 minutes ago, Forge said:

We are now officially the favorites to land the #1 overall pick per ESPN FPI (believe it or not, previously the odds had  been in the favor of Arizona, who obviously screwed the pooch with that yesterday). Currently, our percentage to get #1 overall per FPI is 44%, with the Raiders second at 30%. Thankfully, even the two team tie breaker is SOS, and we have a nice lead in that with the raiders (.526 v .568). 

What's amazing for the Raiders is how bad their additional first round picks have gotten. When they acquired the first round pick from Dallas, it was actually a top 10 pick (I think 7th or 9th). It is now slated at 22nd. The Bears pick is 26th. I mean, nice to have 3 first round picks, but when two of them are in the 20's, its just not as big of a deal, I guess.  

Particularly when your cast-offs are causing a bunch of that loss in draft capital. 

16 hours ago, JIllg said:

Particularly when your cast-offs are causing a bunch of that loss in draft capital. 

I believe we call that irony! Or karma...or both.

I just hope we don't overthink what to do with that 1st overall pick. If no one wants to break the bank in draft picks to trade up, then keep it and take Bosa--it really is that simple.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I believe we call that irony! Or karma...or both.

I just hope we don't overthink what to do with that 1st overall pick. If no one wants to break the bank in draft picks to trade up, then keep it and take Bosa--it really is that simple.

Agreed. If we get a mega deal, I favor trading down, but it needs to be a deal you can't pass up. Otherwise, Bosa's name is on the card starting in January. 

12 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Agreed. If we get a mega deal, I favor trading down, but it needs to be a deal you can't pass up. Otherwise, Bosa's name is on the card starting in January. 

Yeah if for some reason the Raiders offer us the 3 firsts plus next years first you have to take it. But anything less than an absolute mega mega deal there is no way we should not just stay pat and grab Bosa.

5 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Yeah if for some reason the Raiders offer us the 3 firsts plus next years first you have to take it. But anything less than an absolute mega mega deal there is no way we should not just stay pat and grab Bosa.

Oh, now that is a deal I could take and get over not having Bosa pretty quickly...

11 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Oh, now that is a deal I could take and get over not having Bosa pretty quickly...

And then imagine they pick a QB or Oliver/Williams. How amazing would that be. No chance of it happening but that would be truly great.

37 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Or if (for some pleasant change of pace) we sign Clowney/Lawrence. Then, I'd accept a reasonable value deal if it was within the top 10 picks or so. Beyond that, I'm worried about missing pro bowl caliber talent and looking at picking from a wide range of folks that aren't obvious value and fits and more among the wide range of folks that could be picked anywhere from the mid-first to the early third and it wouldn't be a huge surprise. 

11 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

O.o

Now where is that dancing emoji...that's how I would feel about THAT scenario! Bosa in addition to the trade?! WOW.

almost as good as trading down and selecting Solomon Thomas... almost

19 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Question: saw we are able to sigh someone like Dee Ford and still take Bosa as well.

Would we go with a Bosa-Thomas-Buckner-Ford lineup? and would it work? Would it matter that Bosa wouldn't be the "Leo"?

As the pass rushing set up yeah no problem. As a base D it would probably be too light. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

As the pass rushing set up yeah no problem. As a base D it would probably be too light. 

To that I say the hell with it being too light, let's put out a dominant pass rush first and foremost. We could rotate in guys like DJ Jones and Armstead for certain run downs. 

• Like 2