2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

24 minutes ago, 49ers Finest said:

I remember reading y2 post it earlier but I cannot remember and it's to confusing when I try to do it.

For strength of schedule and noncommon opponents, who should I be wanting to win/lose between us the raiders and jets

Root for all AFC west teams to win. That's a lock. 

Root for all NFC west teams to lose. That's a lock. 

After that, root for the following teams to win: 

• Dolphins
  • Browns
  • Colts
  • Ravens
  • Bengals 
  • Steelers

Root for these teams to lose: 

• Bucs
  • Vikings
  • Packers 
  • Lions
  • Giants
  • Bears

Coming into the week, our opposition currently has 8 fewer wins than the Raiders for the year. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Root for all AFC west teams to win. That's a lock. 

Root for all NFC west teams to lose. That's a lock. 

After that, root for the following teams to win: 

• Dolphins
  • Browns
  • Colts
  • Ravens
  • Bengals 
  • Steelers

Root for these teams to lose: 

• Bucs
  • Vikings
  • Packers 
  • Lions
  • Giants
  • Bears

Coming into the week, our opposition currently has 8 fewer wins than the Raiders for the year. 

Didnt we play the entire aft west and the raiders played the entire nfc west, so its a wash?

Also, when looking at opponent record, if for example, we play the rams twice, does the record get counted twice?

50 minutes ago, 49ers Finest said:

Didnt we play the entire aft west and the raiders played the entire nfc west, so its a wash?

Also, when looking at opponent record, if for example, we play the rams twice, does the record get counted twice?

Not a wash because we played 2 games against each of the NFC West teams and the Raiders played 2 games against each of the AFC West teams. Those count twice (so it's like we faced two 11-1 teams in the Rams). 

Okay, here is the update on who you root for. The odds that the Raiders catch up on SOS is pretty remote, so if all three teams lose out, it's really a battle of us against the Cards. Currently, we have the exact same SOS. We have largely played the same schedule with the exception of two opponents. 

Root to win: 

Falcons

• Cards 
  • Panthers
  • Bucs

Washington

• Jaguars
  • Titans
  • Eagles

Root to lose: 

Bucs

• Ravens
  • Cowboys
  • Falcons

Giants

• Titans 
  • Colts 
  • Cowboys

So the two biggest games are definitely the Falcons / Cards next week (as that is a guaranteed win for either of them, which would either put us 1 game ahead on SOS, or 1 game ahead on record), and the Falcons / Bucs in week 17. 

I really like watching Collin Johnson of Texas. He reminds me a lot of Equanimeous St. Brown last year, with fewer character concerns. Long, lanky. Quite a good route runner at that frame - his hips are really good for someone so tall and he can really sell double moves. I think he's going to run really well for his size ~4.5 even to 4.55. His production has been pretty good for the offense he is in and his quarterback situation at the time (in addition to having other talented receiving options at the school and not commanding all of the targets). I think that he could give us a guy that could go up and get the ball without sacrificing the qualities that the coaching staff prizes. 

Looking at the Raiders schedule, they have a few winnable games remaining. They play the Jeff Driskel led Bengals next, the Broncos at home the following week and then they end it with the Chiefs in week 17. If the Chiefs beat the Chargers on Thursday, they wrap up the division and the #1 seed with a win over the Seahawks in week 16.

So good chance the Raiders get at least one more win, if not potentially two more wins. And they play the Broncos tough so they may be able to get that one as well.

I don't see any games we can win the rest of the way minus Rams if they sit their starters. Don't think they will as the #1 seed will be on the line in week 17.

Cardinals only have one more winnable game against the Falcons. Let's go Rosen!!!! 

I'm really struggling to think of what the best route to go is should we end up picking #2, as I suspect we will (I just think that the Giants / Bucs win more games than Washington / Atl moving forward; that Bucs / Falcons game is going to be insanely pivotal). My preference at that point would be to trade down, I'm just wondering how much people would want that pick. The Giants and Jags are picking 7 and 10, so they may not need to get up that high for quarterbacks, especially since nobody ahead of them needs one. The Giants wouldn't have to jump all the way to #2 to get ahead of the jags and take a quarterback should Herbert not declare and only Haskins is available. Maybe someone moves up a few spots to insure that they get the actual player they want even though the draft is stocked with defensive line help? 

I suppose it's not out of question that the Cards don't draft Bosa, but if they are looking at offensive line, I don't see how they and the Raiders don't work out a trade to flip that 1 and 3 spot and the cards pick up draft capital and still get the guy that they want, whomever that may be (they could also go interior defensive line as they still need to find a replacement for campbell). Maybe we get lucky, they go Williams / Oliver at 1 leaving us Bosa at 2? 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm really struggling to think of what the best route to go is should we end up picking #2, as I suspect we will (I just think that the Giants / Bucs win more games than Washington / Atl moving forward; that Bucs / Falcons game is going to be insanely pivotal). My preference at that point would be to trade down, I'm just wondering how much people would want that pick. The Giants and Jags are picking 7 and 10, so they may not need to get up that high for quarterbacks, especially since nobody ahead of them needs one. The Giants wouldn't have to jump all the way to #2 to get ahead of the jags and take a quarterback should Herbert not declare and only Haskins is available. Maybe someone moves up a few spots to insure that they get the actual player they want even though the draft is stocked with defensive line help? 

I suppose it's not out of question that the Cards don't draft Bosa, but if they are looking at offensive line, I don't see how they and the Raiders don't work out a trade to flip that 1 and 3 spot and the cards pick up draft capital and still get the guy that they want, whomever that may be (they could also go interior defensive line as they still need to find a replacement for campbell). Maybe we get lucky, they go Williams / Oliver at 1 leaving us Bosa at 2? 

Could also see the Cardinals trading down with a team that wants a QB so maybe we can get Bosa even with the second pick. But if Bosa is gone when we pick we have to go and trade down. There are good guys available but they don't find the biggest need we have so trade down a little and get a edge rushers instead of adding a guy like Olive or Williams.

3 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Could also see the Cardinals trading down with a team that wants a QB so maybe we can get Bosa even with the second pick. But if Bosa is gone when we pick we have to go and trade down. There are good guys available but they don't find the biggest need we have so trade down a little and get a edge rushers instead of adding a guy like Olive or Williams.

But I don't know why the two teams picking in the top 10 that need quarterbacks (Jags, Giants), would trade up that high. Right now, 1-6, your teams are Niners / Cards / Raiders / Falcons / Jets / Buffalo. With the exception of the Raiders, none of those teams even potentially has a quarterback question (and I think the raiders only do if they get a good trade offer on Carr, which I'm not sure happens). So if you're the Giants, picking at 10, your trade up spot is really more or less 5-6 at this point. To move from 10-1, you are giving up just an absolute ton (you're talking this years first, next years first, probably this years second as well, at minimum). 

So I agree, I think the move may be to move down some if we can find a taker for the draft slot if we don't pick 1 and Bosa isn't on the board. The nice thing is, unlike the Raiders, there is at least a possibility that the Cards don't go Bosa. While Jones / Bosa would be terrifying on the edges, they have other positions that need help for sure and a secondary edge rusher isn't a requirement in that regard.