2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

40 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Allens struggles vs Thomas shouldn't be an issue. He will be a top 15 pick next year, possibly top 5 if he stays healthy. Plus Allen still managed to affect the game and get two fumble recoveries.

2 hours ago, Ftn49 said:

Allens struggles vs Thomas shouldn't be an issue. He will be a top 15 pick next year, possibly top 5 if he stays healthy. Plus Allen still managed to affect the game and get two fumble recoveries.

Plus, UGA did similar to Alabama in their game. Williams was okay, though not great or anything, and he was the best of that bunch. UGA shut it down for the most part. It happens.

12 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Poooooooooooooollllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

@ pick 2? or is he exclusively a trade down option? 

What an amazing draft to need a pass rusher. I dont remember ever seeing a class this stacked at that position

28 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

@ pick 2? or is he exclusively a trade down option? 

What an amazing draft to need a pass rusher. I dont remember ever seeing a class this stacked at that position

Since I think he can be had later in the draft, trade down would be the best scenario. 

37 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I guess I am warming up to the idea that we may pick Williams? FA edge-Williams-Thomas-Buck? or will we be too thin in the interior?

It isn't the interior I am worried about...  I don't think kicking Buckner to end is really going to change much....not convinced he will be as good on the outside. If it ain't broke, don't 'fix' it. 

Don't get another interior DL thinking it will help the outside pass rush. That is backward thinking. >:(

Not to mention I don't like Q Wms. Just not a fan.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I guess I am warming up to the idea that we may pick Williams? FA edge-Williams-Thomas-Buck? or will we be too thin in the interior?

I read that thinking that they meant Thomas would be the 5t. Maybe just projecting though. I think it a waste to utilize Buck as the 5t.

Buck's doing so well at the 3t. Could we dare to move him out as LEO, as I thought this quote read? lol.. He would likely be at least good outside, and would certainly bring the ability to win back inside like I pine over. I dunno. I can think of worse scenarios, but it's still far from ideal, for me. 

Ideal would be these players impressing :

5 tech DE / S Thomas

1 tech NT / DJ Jones

3 tech DT / DF Buckner

LEO / 1st rd pick or top FA

• Like 1

Just now, oldman9er said:

I read that thinking that they meant Thomas would be the 5t. Maybe just projecting though. I think it a waste to utilize Buck as the 5t.

Buck's doing so well at the 3t. Could we dare to move him out as LEO, as I thought this quote read? lol.. He would likely be at least good outside, and would certainly bring the ability to win back inside like I pine over. I dunno. I can think of worse scenarios, but it's still far from ideal, for me. 

Ideal would be these players impressing :

5 tech DE / S Thomas

1 tech NT / DJ Jones

3 tech DT / DF Buckner

LEO / 1st rd pick or top FA

I think at this point Solly should be playing 5T which someone said that's where he was playing late 2017 and excelled at?

Also thoughts on Brian Burns? obviously he won't be picked at #2 but he looks the part when it comes to getting to the QB.

46 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I'm fine picking Williams. Is it the move I'd make? Probably not. But I have no issues about selecting him given the talent. I'm not doing this on the basis of moving Buckner to full time end though. I never love the idea of taking a guy who is really good somewhere and moving him somewhere else when there's no guarantee he'll be very good. You could be downgrading your 3 tech spot from what we have right now, and not really improving at end on a pass rushing basis. I'll pass on that. Draft williams, but play him at the one tech when he and Buckner are on the field. 

• Like 3

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

I think at this point Solly should be playing 5T which someone said that's where he was playing late 2017 and excelled at?

Also thoughts on Brian Burns? obviously he won't be picked at #2 but he looks the part when it comes to getting to the QB.

I don't remember if Solly excelled there and then or not, but it's the only spot where he should be starting, when we look at the big picture around him. He has the size, length, and inherent power to do well there in that role. 

I like the little I saw of Burns as a rusher outside. I have yet to dig more into, so I can't say too much. Early impressions say first rounder, but too premature for me to say top 10 worthy. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Solly can hold an edge, and hold up against the run, but his best spot is inside. If you play him at the 5 tech, you're basically using him as a big end run stopper with little pass rush help. 

Burns is more of a 3-4 OLB in my opinion given his current size. Don't love him in a 4-3. Back half of the first round to me, but I wouldn't be surprised if he goes a little bit earlier to someone like GB. He does have a nice frame and length, so I think he could grow into more of a 4-3 end given time, but I think that's going to be a bit away. If he's available at the top of round 2 for us and we took Williams at #2, I'd definitely take a shot on him there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Hurts Williams more than Simmons. The former could be a late round flier / UDFA while the latter is more than likely going top 10 regardless unless something else pops up. This happened 3+ years ago, and all reports are that he's been a model citizen since then. Despite the video, I think it has nominal impact on his draft status. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Solly can hold an edge, and hold up against the run, but his best spot is inside. If you play him at the 5 tech, you're basically using him as a big end run stopper with little pass rush help. 

Burns is more of a 3-4 OLB in my opinion given his current size. Don't love him in a 4-3. Back half of the first round to me, but I wouldn't be surprised if he goes a little bit earlier to someone like GB. He does have a nice frame and length, so I think he could grow into more of a 4-3 end given time, but I think that's going to be a bit away. If he's available at the top of round 2 for us and we took Williams at #2, I'd definitely take a shot on him there. 

Now would we be best off just telling Solly to play in the interior full time?