2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

25 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

If he's there in the 3rd or 4th round and it is a clean tear I wouldn't mind taking him. As I said in this thread or another, he may have been the best player I saw in action in this draft.

With this and even his trouble he got into in high school I don’t know how he slips out of the 2nd. He was a legit top 15 pick, some playoff team will take him at the end of round 2 if he’s still there Im thinking. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

With this and even his trouble he got into in high school I don’t know how he slips out of the 2nd. He was a legit top 15 pick, some playoff team will take him at the end of round 2 if he’s still there Im thinking. 

What I was going to say. Based on recent history, these situations are only a moderate hit to the draft stock of the player. Jaylon Smith was a top 10 pick, went at the top of round 2 after his injury. Sydney Jones was a top 25ish pick? Still went in the first two rounds. Others as well. I think he's a lock to stay in the first two rounds. 

3 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Rumors are starting to swirl that the Cardinals might trade Josh Rosen and draft Murray at 1.

If I’m a cardinals fan I’m actually entertaining the idea. Your new HCs draft crush from his own mouth, recouped draft picks for a QB who statistically was the worst rookie QB ever and some excitement with much talk about your new HC and QB duo. Who better to escape pressure with a terrible OL than Murray haha. I’ve just never been a fan of Rosen at all so if I can get quality draft picks for him and get “my guy” I’m probably doing it. 

8 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

If I’m a cardinals fan I’m actually entertaining the idea. Your new HCs draft crush from his own mouth, recouped draft picks for a QB who statistically was the worst rookie QB ever and some excitement with much talk about your new HC and QB duo. Who better to escape pressure with a terrible OL than Murray haha. I’ve just never been a fan of Rosen at all so if I can get quality draft picks for him and get “my guy” I’m probably doing it. 

Yeah they could probably get a second with a third/fourth maybe? Why not dangle him out there to someone like the Giants?

19 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

I still have such a hard time seeing it happen. As I said in the draft forum, a move like that would largely be unprecedented. We've had teams take a first round quarterback after taking a second round quarterback (though in the case of Carolina, I believe Clausen was their first pick the year he was drafted, so that's probably the closest example I can think of to this). But if you're going to do it, now is the time. I know several teams will jump all over Rosen at a discounted price, particularly with the 5th year option in play for him down the line. You can seriously get a top 10 pick at what will likely be a second round cost + fifth year option. Teams that want to groom a quarterback are perfect for this (Chargers, Patriots, Saints). I don't know that I want Rosen as a starter right now unless I'm washington (just because they are kind of screwed with regards to their quarterback situation), but teams with established, aging out starters should be very interesting. 

Still, I'd love for this to happen. Not really because I think Kyler is a bad player or anything (though the idea of him at #1 just strikes me as absolutely loony), but because it would be such a seismic, crazy even for the draft lol. I love when big, weird crap like this happens. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

I still have such a hard time seeing it happen. As I said in the draft forum, a move like that would largely be unprecedented. We've had teams take a first round quarterback after taking a second round quarterback (though in the case of Carolina, I believe Clausen was their first pick the year he was drafted, so that's probably the closest example I can think of to this). But if you're going to do it, now is the time. I know several teams will jump all over Rosen at a discounted price, particularly with the 5th year option in play for him down the line. You can seriously get a top 10 pick at what will likely be a second round cost + fifth year option. Teams that want to groom a quarterback are perfect for this (Chargers, Patriots, Saints). I don't know that I want Rosen as a starter right now unless I'm washington (just because they are kind of screwed with regards to their quarterback situation), but teams with established, aging out starters should be very interesting. 

Still, I'd love for this to happen. Not really because I think Kyler is a bad player or anything (though the idea of him at #1 just strikes me as absolutely loony), but because it would be such a seismic, crazy even for the draft lol. I love when big, weird crap like this happens. 

I see the chances of this happening as extremely small as well. But as of said love how this would shake up the entire draft and rattle people in the NFL. People would not stop talking about AZ for the entire offseason and you may even sway some FAs to come and join the cause. 

Not sure what KK brings to the table in regards to effectiveness or production other than his spread offense but if you add another WR, say AB, multiple FA OL, Kyler together with DJ, Kirk and Fitzy you are gonna have people tuned in to watch that offense play. Shoot, I’d be one of em. 

Also, I think the Cards could get more than a 2nd for Rosen. Plenty of quality teams looking for that QB to groom for the future as well as plenty of teams in need of a QB who may have outplayed their ability to get one in the draft worth playing sooner rather than later in the Broncos, Bengals, Dolphins, Redskins.

Edited by Fureys49ers
  • Like 1

On 2/12/2019 at 5:25 PM, 49erurtaza said:

Monster

I think he's one of the more underrated prospect in the draft. I mean, ppl know who he is and some are big on his skillet but I see a guy who could be another Michael Thomas in that ppl won't realize how good he was/is until it's too late and he's looking like the next big thing for some other team that always gets it right when it comes to drafting WRs. Thomas was viewed as a bit of a project when he was a prospect, but with a pretty high ceiling. I see a lot of that with Harry and Butler as well. Don't think he'll time all that great but he's explosive and will urprise ppl with his suddeness.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

The only problem is I don't think you can trust Murray. Yes, he has said football is his priority and returned his money for being a first round MLB draft pick but you know if things don't go right he still always has that option. I certainly wouldn't trust it with a 1st overall pick or honestly a 1st round pick in general. 

• Like 1