2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

I'm good with so many WRs in rd 2, it be crazy, lmao. Add Boykin to the list!

So I was discussing this on another MB. For the last 5 yrs an avg of 8 wr have been drafted in the top 2 rds. I'd be ok with a wr in the 2nd rd if the draft in front of us has an earlier run before pick 36. But I think there will be a good quality guy there in the 3rd rd with the depth of this class.

5 minutes ago, sherm said:

So I was discussing this on another MB. For the last 5 yrs an avg of 8 wr have been drafted in the top 2 rds. I'd be ok with a wr in the 2nd rd if the draft in front of us has an earlier run before pick 36. But I think there will be a good quality guy there in the 3rd rd with the depth of this class.

I think it depends on when "the run" happens. I think there will be a couple of receivers go in the first, but then at some point, a real run on receivers is going to happen. Like 6 in 20 picks or something silly like that.  If that happens early in the second and we pass on receiver, we could get screwed in that regard. If it happens in the middle / late portion of the second, then yeah, we are going to get a great value in the third

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

Would you say he might be a option at 2 ? If bosa is taken and team isn't in love with Allen?

No. For a myriad or reasons.  Metcalf is a freak, but Bosa / Allen are legitimate top 5 overall prospects at the most dire positional need, which also happens to be the second or third most important position (depending on if you put O-line ahead of pass rush). Metcalf is a H/W/S freak athlete, but he's got injury concerns, doesn't have the most expansive tape or production, and his draft position is going to be based almost solely on potential to be an elite 1A receiver. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

No. For a myriad or reasons.  Metcalf is a freak, but Bosa / Allen are legitimate top 5 overall prospects at the most dire positional need, which also happens to be the second or third most important position (depending on if you put O-line ahead of pass rush). Metcalf is a H/W/S freak athlete, but he's got injury concerns, doesn't have the most expansive tape or production, and his draft position is going to be based almost solely on potential to be an elite 1A receiver. 

Yeah big concern is if he can stay healthy but the guy has huge potential. I wouldn't be surprised if the raiders or jets take him at 3 or 4.

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

Yeah big concern is if he can stay healthy but the guy has huge potential. I wouldn't be surprised if the raiders or jets take him at 3 or 4.

Also, honestly, if we aren't fans of Allen, and Bosa is gone, I think a trade down is the most likely scenario. I suppose there is a point where the team would consider him, but this FO really needs to get that pick right this year, and I don't think Metcalf is the way to go to give it the best possible opportunity. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Lol, basically his way of please don’t draft me Arizona! 

I may be misremembering, but it feels like he's spoken very highly of the niners drafting him several times this off season. Haven't heard him say the same about the Cardinals

Archived