2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Day three pick at this point. 

It's even worse for him because his demonstrated skill this year was directly tied to recent weight loss. All of this screams that he won't be able to maintain the self-control necessary to maintain the body that allowed him to perform as well as he did. And he was darn good. 

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

Day three pick at this point. 

I mean Arden Key went round 3 with questionable off field antics and similarly surprisingly bad testing and had considerably less impressive tape so I feel Polite still goes day 2, just later on that day. All it takes is one team and every team wants more pass rush especially at such a discounted price. I agree personally however, wouldn't touch the kid until day 3

29 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

I mean Arden Key went round 3 with questionable off field antics and similarly surprisingly bad testing and had considerably less impressive tape so I feel Polite still goes day 2, just later on that day. All it takes is one team and every team wants more pass rush especially at such a discounted price. I agree personally however, wouldn't touch the kid until day 3

Yeah, I think we could see a team that lost out on the top EDGE guys and get desperate toward the end of round 2 and take Polite. The EDGE class falls off the cliff after the top of round 2.

Harry (6-2, 228) was a three-year contributor for the Sun Devils. He posted his second consecutive 1,000-yard season in 2018, finishing with 73 receptions for 1,088 yards and nine touchdowns. He tested fairly well at the Scouting Combine, running the 40 in 4.53 seconds and recording 27 bench press reps and a 38.5-inch vertical jump.

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/Article/NKeal-Harry-dazzles-in-front-of-John-Elway-at-Pro-Day-130613826/

5 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Those times are still less than ideal. Just a very linear athlete. Don't know if it's good or bad, but there's certainly going to be a specific skillset he excels at and some that he's not so great at. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Those times are still less than ideal. Just a very linear athlete. Don't know if it's good or bad, but there's certainly going to be a specific skillset he excels at and some that he's not so great at. 

It certainly didn't move the needle for me.. I don't even have him graded in the top 32, lol.. though I'm fully expecting some team to jump in on him top 20. 

Just read that AJ Brown looked real good, and turned in some very nice agility numbers. 4.26 ss and 6.89 3c

3 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

It certainly didn't move the needle for me.. I don't even have him graded in the top 32, lol.. though I'm fully expecting some team to jump in on him top 20. 

Just read that AJ Brown looked real good, and turned in some very nice agility numbers. 4.26 ss and 6.89 3c

Brown is very much our type of receiver I think. He and Deebo are going to be high on Kyle's wishlist if you ask me, though I think someone like NE is going to pounce on Brown right at the end of round 1. 

Metcalf's Combine has kind of stolen some of Harry's thunder as a prospect but I really believe Harry will be the better pro. I just just see a bigger, faster Anquan Boldin. He's gonna to make some team and their fanbase very happy...

On 3/8/2019 at 10:57 AM, Gore Whore 21 said:

To me the closest thing to Boldin in this draft is Harry. Harry is a bit bigger and a bit faster but their style of play is similar from what I have seen from Harry so far. If he somehow slipped to #36 I would be overjoyed.

@757-NINER 

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5c9ea090674468684d

19 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Metcalf's Combine has kind of stolen some of Harry's thunder as a prospect but I really believe Harry will be the better pro. I just just see a bigger, faster Anquan Boldin. He's gonna to make some team and their fanbase very happy...

Harry has been my WR 1 for this class for a while. I may have even decided that last year just watching some highlights of his haha. As far as boom or bust type WRs go I'll take Butler over Metcalf every time too, Metcalf does nothing for me. I agree with @Forge though, Brown, Samuel, Ridley and possibly even Harmon seem to be Shanny type WRs

28 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Harry has been my WR 1 for this class for a while. I may have even decided that last year just watching some highlights of his haha. As far as boom or bust type WRs go I'll take Butler over Metcalf every time too, Metcalf does nothing for me. I agree with @Forge though, Brown, Samuel, Ridley and possibly even Harmon seem to be Shanny type WRs

I have Butler just a hair ahead of Harry but it's so damn close for me, it's not really an issue. I'd be more than happy with either. 

And I think Harry is definitely a Shanny type as a Z. His ability to separate is underatted. He's a very savvy route runner who just has a knack for creating space on pivot routes and his COD on tape, is impressive for a guy his size. I look at Bourne and just imagine Harry in that same role, doing far more with the same opportunities.

27 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

I’m worried that Harry, AJ Brown, forsure Metcalf, and Deebo are all gone by pick 36. 

8 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I’m worried that Harry, AJ Brown, forsure Metcalf, and Deebo are all gone by pick 36. 

Why do you think that? This draft is stacked with good but not great receiving prospects. Butler and Metcalf are the only hard locks for round 1, then I think the other guys you listed COULD sneak in at the end of round 1, but I think the interior lineman on both sides of the ball + edge players will dominate the first round. 

I don't even think Butler is a hard lock. Harry, Brown, and Metcalf are my guess for the first rd WRs gone in rd 1. 

There are three picks starting the 2nd before we are OTC at 36. Maybe 1 more WR selected before us. 

There will be options... really good options. Will our people like them that much? or over other non WR options? no idea.

25 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

WR will fall to the late 2nd rd to early 3rd rd...happens every yr. The only way I think we take a wr at 36 is if we have a 1st rd grade on said WR.

Also even though I like Harry I'm not a fan of the Q comparison. Boldin was special and a 1 of a kind player.

Archived