2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

I still think Bosa is the pick. If the cards take Bosa, it gets interesting. I think Williams is a phenomenal prospect. He would play the one tech in base, and rush the passer on passing situations from the interior with Buck. If you value interior pressure more than edge pressure, that would also make sense to go over Bosa. 

Thomas is a sunk cost. He should not have any bearing on the selection

Thomas is an untested cost because they never actually played him at his actual position. It's potentially another waste of resources. People whined about taking Thomas after having taken Armstead and Buckner the previous two years, but now they're going to take their 4th interior d-lineman in 5 years after having played their latest interior d-lineman selection out of position and giving up on him without ever trying him inside.

12 minutes ago, NFLExpert49 said:

Thomas is an untested cost because they never actually played him at his actual position. It's potentially another waste of resources. People whined about taking Thomas after having taken Armstead and Buckner the previous two years, but now they're going to take their 4th interior d-lineman in 5 years after having played their latest interior d-lineman selection out of position and giving up on him without ever trying him inside.

Don't disagree with that. It's the reason I think the pick is Bosa. I think they'd go that route and Solly full time inside to see what he is. That's what I would do as well. Now, if they think Solly just isn't good, not much I can do there

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Am I crazy to think my dream of being able to take Hollywood Brown at #36 is becoming a possibility? Been seeing him drop to the late 1st and early 2nd. Think some of the WRs really helped themselves out at the combine. 

It's weird, people who I think tend to be a little bit better at the predictive mocks and prospect landing range would absolutely say he's likely going to be there at 36. But those same people are also hearing from FO's that he's a lock to go top 20. I think he's a 2nd round receiver...but I suppose if you're looking for the Antonio Brown/Ty HIlton archetype versus big bodied possession guys..definitely could see him going round 1.

Just now, John232 said:

It's weird, people who I think tend to be a little bit better at the predictive mocks and prospect landing range would absolutely say he's likely going to be there at 36. But those same people are also hearing from FO's that he's a lock to go top 20. I think he's a 2nd round receiver...but I suppose if you're looking for the Antonio Brown/Ty HIlton archetype versus big bodied possession guys..definitely could see him going round 1.

Dude is a flat out baller and I haven't seen a better WR in this draft. Granted, I haven't watched much of Metcalf yet so my opinion may change, but doubt it lol. Would definitely like Brown to put on about 10 more pounds but he would be awesome in this offense. If we come away with Bosa and Brown with our first two picks? Definitely will be happy with that. 

13 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Dude is a flat out baller and I haven't seen a better WR in this draft. Granted, I haven't watched much of Metcalf yet so my opinion may change, but doubt it lol. Would definitely like Brown to put on about 10 more pounds but he would be awesome in this offense. If we come away with Bosa and Brown with our first two picks? Definitely will be happy with that. 

I'm inclined to believe we won't draft him.I think we're going to be looking for someone in the mold of Garcon/Sanu. Good sized, strong route runner. Which is why I think we end up with Deebo Samuel or AJ Brown in round 2. BUT..if they think Goodwin is regressing or that he's just not good enough for us to not draft someone like Brown..then I can see them doing that. I wouldn't love it, but I'd be fine with it because Brown is great. I'd just rather us go with a receiver that weighs over 200 pounds for once. 

From Maiocco in his mailbag: 

If they keep the pick is it Bosa or Williams? (Christian DeMeglio) 
Nick Bosa.

There.

That was easy.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/49ers-mailbag-nick-bosa-or-quinnen-williams-pick-no-2?amp&__twitter_impression=true

No surprise obviously but Maiocco seems to think it is a lock we go Bosa if we keep the pick. 

Just now, John232 said:

I'm inclined to believe we won't draft him.I think we're going to be looking for someone in the mold of Garcon/Sanu. Good sized, strong route runner. Which is why I think we end up with Deebo Samuel or AJ Brown in round 2. BUT..if they think Goodwin is regressing or that he's just not good enough for us to not draft someone like Brown..then I can see them doing that. I wouldn't love it, but I'd be fine with it because Brown is great. I'd just rather us go with a receiver that weighs over 200 pounds for once. 

WRs weighing over 200 pounds is overrated. Just give me flat out ballers at that position. Maiocco already said the team doesn't believe Goodwin can hold up all season being a starter and he's better off playing 10-15 snaps a game.

Brown is so so so so good man, would LOVE it if we draft him. 

57 minutes ago, John232 said:

I'm inclined to believe we won't draft him.I think we're going to be looking for someone in the mold of Garcon/Sanu. Good sized, strong route runner. Which is why I think we end up with Deebo Samuel or AJ Brown in round 2.

Same here.. but then maybe that's just me projecting my feelings into it, dunno. I'm not that enamored with Hollywood, but wouldn't be unhappy if he's their guy after day 1. Just not feeling like he will be durable.. or the talent people expect.. in the pros. 

(who knows, been wrong many times over)

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Am I crazy to think my dream of being able to take Hollywood Brown at #36 is becoming a possibility? Been seeing him drop to the late 1st and early 2nd. Think some of the WRs really helped themselves out at the combine. 

I think he'll be there. Kind of weird though, seems like he's been the "forgotten" wide receiver in all this. I think the top two most likely to be picked by us at 36 are Brown and Deebo

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think he'll be there. Kind of weird though, seems like he's been the "forgotten" wide receiver in all this. I think the top two most likely to be picked by us at 36 are Brown and Deebo

Holllywood Brown or AJ Brown? Lol, but yes he's forgotten because he didn't participate in the combine like other WRs who killed their workouts. 

Alright, so what do we think of Andy Isabella?

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Holllywood Brown or AJ Brown? Lol, but yes he's forgotten because he didn't participate in the combine like other WRs who killed their workouts. 

Alright, so what do we think of Andy Isabella?

Sorry lol, meant AJ. 

Isabella is obviously Shanny's type of receiver. I'd like to have him if we double dipped the receiver option, but I don't think that I want to take him at 36. There's just so much possibility of overlap with the guys we already have on the team (with Isabella just being a better version). 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Sorry lol, meant AJ. 

Isabella is obviously Shanny's type of receiver. I'd like to have him if we double dipped the receiver option, but I don't think that I want to take him at 36. There's just so much possibility of overlap with the guys we already have on the team (with Isabella just being a better version). 

Who does he overlap with? Isabella and Pettis would be two extremely talented route runners who could separate with the best of them. Definitely a Shanahan type of WR. 

But I'm just all in on Marquise Brown. I want him badly and really hope he is an option at 36. Would make up a bit for missing out on OBJ. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Sorry lol, meant AJ. 

I will say, if you think that Isabella is more Ty Hilton, then he wouldn't have too much overlap. He's basically be a singular version of three receivers we have on the roster. 

On 3/27/2019 at 5:22 PM, Gore Whore 21 said:

There were rumors that NYG wanted DeFo when we were talking to them about OBJ and we wouldn’t even discuss it. I don’t think you have such a tight grip on a player you are going to let walk in a couple of years. I have no doubt DeFo will be a 10 year guy much like Staley and Frank are/were. Speaking of Gore, I believe Staley compared the way Buck works to Gore last year. I think he’s a guy you hold onto, not only because he’s extremely talented, but also because he is an example for other players to follow and great locker room presence.

I’m not at all a fan of Isabella, though his biggest flaw(not including his size) is fixable in his catching consistency. For me, I’d rather just go Mecole Hardman in the third or Hollywood in the second. Though,  Like oldie,  I’m  definitely projecting my own wants when I say I want a bigger receiver. I’m just very much concerned with the durability aspect. Our receivers are made of glass and don’t want to add more Porcelain to the crystal. 

I do think if Hakeem Butler drops to 36, it’s a no brainer. 

Archived