2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

I will say, if you think that Isabella is more Ty Hilton, then he wouldn't have too much overlap. He's basically be a singular version of three receivers we have on the roster. 

Is acceleration is crazy and the way he plays the deep ball is special. I really need to watch more of AJ Brow and Samuel as right now my ranking for #36 WR goes: 1. Marquise Brown 2. Andy Isabella. 

1 minute ago, John232 said:

I’m not at all a fan of Isabella, though his biggest flaw(not including his size) is fixable in his catching consistency. For me, I’d rather just go Mecole Hardman in the third or Hollywood in the second. Though,  Like oldie,  I’m  definitely projecting my own wants when I say I want a bigger receiver. I’m just very much concerned with the durability aspect. Our receivers are made of glass and don’t want to add more Porcelain to the crystal. 

I do think if Hakeem Butler drops to 36, it’s a no brainer. 

Which games show Isabella's inconsistent hands? Because what I've seen from him is making damn near every catchable pass on deep routes. He makes it look so smooth the way he is able to stack the DB and track the ball over his shoulder. 

22 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Which games show Isabella's inconsistent hands? Because what I've seen from him is making damn near every catchable pass on deep routes. He makes it look so smooth the way he is able to stack the DB and track the ball over his shoulder. 

No game in particular. I think he just body catches more than he should. Not a huge deal, I just don't think he's worth the 36th pick at all.

I think he does a pretty good job adjusting to balls and I think he catches through contract well for his size, but nothing stands out as being "great" when I watch him catch the ball and then I see some bad habits that could punish him in the NFL. I also disagree with some people on his ability to beat press. Great at dodging a jam, but when he doesn't he's not fighting through it. 

I do agree though, his ability to adjust to the deep ball is great. The UCF and Georgia deep TD's were beauties. He's a legit inside/outside threat. He would be a great scheme fit for us but i'd just rather go with someone else because I think Goodwin and Pettis can do the same exact thing and do it better. Purely based on his deep speed and his experience playing inside, he's going to go no later than the late third. Detroit would be an awesome landing spot for him. 

Anyone else listen to the Better Rivals podcast? I generally like them, but maaan..I was getting so incredibly triggered listening to them this past week. They were VERY SURE that trading back and taking Baker or Greedy Williams at 6 (or 10/11) would be the best move...I mean..I love a good corner and I think they're worth top ten picks, but I get sooo triggered by chasing value for the sake of chasing it. 

36 minutes ago, John232 said:

Anyone else listen to the Better Rivals podcast? I generally like them, but maaan..I was getting so incredibly triggered listening to them this past week. They were VERY SURE that trading back and taking Baker or Greedy Williams at 6 (or 10/11) would be the best move...I mean..I love a good corner and I think they're worth top ten picks, but I get sooo triggered by chasing value for the sake of chasing it. 

This is a deep corner class. And I honestly see hardly any drop off on the 2nd Round. Honestly Julian Love is my favorite CB prospect and he’s a projected 2nd Rounder. Rock Ya Sin probably my 3rd favorite behind him and Baker. Greedy is overrated and Murphy is a pure zone corner. 

1 hour ago, John232 said:

"there are a lot of decaffeinated brands out there that are just as tasty as the real thing." 

43 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This dude may not have tested or interviewed well, but……

His tape is very impressive, that’s why, atleast personally, I am very disappointed with his pre draft process. Seems like a he treated as if he was still in HS and he was the baddest dude there who didn’t need to prepare, just show up.

2 hours ago, N4L said:

Who is a corner we could convert to FS? 

Seems like something we would do lol 

That’s not extreme enough. We’ve got to keep bouncing them to every position in the secondary so it completely kills their chance at developing. Seriously though, every time I hear someone suggesting that we try T Moore at safety I want to scream. We need to have some patience and give these guys a chance.

Archived