2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Let's go!!!!!

Please take Bosa and allow us to trade back for a great package. 

What is this guy’s reputation? Other than the Cards taking Bosa out for dinner I haven’t really heard anything else suggesting Bosa would be their guy. 

16 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

What is this guy’s reputation? Other than the Cards taking Bosa out for dinner I haven’t really heard anything else suggesting Bosa would be their guy. 

No idea about his reputation, but would love for Murray not to end up in AZ and for us to be able to trade the #2 pick for multiple high picks. Don't get me wrong, if the Cardinals end up trading their pick, then I won't have a problem with Bosa at #2. Would suck not being able to trade back, but at least Murray will end up elsewhere. 

I still very much prefer we stay put and make our pick at #2. If the value is there then sure, I’m not opposed to making a trade, but I don’t think the value will be there. I think @y2lamanaki brought up the point about getting elite talent and how that is generally done towards the very top of the draft. We had an unfortunate injury to our most important player last year that put us in a position to get an elite talent. Odds are we aren’t going to be picking in the top 10 for some time so I’m of the thinking we should make the best of it and get ourselves a game wrecker. 

3 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I still very much prefer we stay put and make our pick at #2. If the value is there then sure, I’m not opposed to making a trade, but I don’t think the value will be there. I think @y2lamanaki brought up the point about getting elite talent and how that is generally done towards the very top of the draft. We had an unfortunate injury to our most important player last year that put us in a position to get an elite talent. Odds are we aren’t going to be picking in the top 10 for some time so I’m of the thinking we should make the best of it and get ourselves a game wrecker. 

Yeah, I'm all about getting an elite talent but not sure if Bosa is quite that. Williams? Definitely is to me. And I don't think if we trade back to say 6 or 7, getting Burns is a much drop off from Bosa, if at all. Burns isn't the all around player Bosa is, but definitely has more explosiveness and has more potential as a pure edge rusher. 

Rumor - Zac Taylor and the Bengals are set to move on from Andy Dalton and are looking for a trade partner to move up and select Haskins. The team they are connected to? The 49ers. No matter what happens at the #1 pick, the 49ers may scrap their plan of taking Bosa/Williams/Allen, move back to #11, and take a big-bodied receiver. Their target is not D.K. Metcalf, but instead Hakeem Butler. Most teams have Butler graded out as a 2nd round guy but the 49ers, Raiders, and Patriots are crazy about him.

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, I'm all about getting an elite talent but not sure if Bosa is quite that. Williams? Definitely is to me. And I don't think if we trade back to say 6 or 7, getting Burns is a much drop off from Bosa, if at all. Burns isn't the all around player Bosa is, but definitely has more explosiveness and has more potential as a pure edge rusher. 

I do like Burns and am a big fan of his potential, but again this all comes down to value. If I’m going to be passing up on one of the two guys I feel are pretty dang close to being a sure thing, I am going to want a lot in return. I think there are legit concerns  regarding a lot of these prospects that aren’t there with Bosa and Williams. If we are giving up our chance at these two and betting on potential, we are going to need more than a few draft picks that we turn into role players or depth guys; we are going to need substantial draft capital to pay for the risk we are taking on.

1 minute ago, typecast said:

Rumor - Zac Taylor and the Bengals are set to move on from Andy Dalton and are looking for a trade partner to move up and select Haskins. The team they are connected to? The 49ers. No matter what happens at the #1 pick, the 49ers may scrap their plan of taking Bosa/Williams/Allen, move back to #11, and take a big-bodied receiver. Their target is not D.K. Metcalf, but instead Hakeem Butler. Most teams have Butler graded out as a 2nd round guy but the 49ers, Raiders, and Patriots are crazy about him.

Source?

23 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I heard an interesting comp for Bosa the other day- Brandon Graham.  I could totally see what they meant. Not a special player, but a damn fine one. Not a double digit sack guy, but 5-8 and just good all around play

1 minute ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I do like Burns and am a big fan of his potential, but again this all comes down to value. If I’m going to be passing up on one of the two guys I feel are pretty dang close to being a sure thing, I am going to want a lot in return. I think there are legit concerns  regarding a lot of these prospects that aren’t there with Bosa and Williams. If we are giving up our chance at these two and betting on potential, we are going to need more than a few draft picks that we turn into role players or depth guys; we are going to need substantial draft capital to pay for the risk we are taking on.

Also just to add to this a little bit. I think the talent drop off from the top 5 to the next 5 picks is much more apparent than the talent drop off from that 5-10 area to 11-20. If we are going to trade down I think we might as well make it worth our while and trade into the early teens and load up.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I heard an interesting comp for Bosa the other day- Brandon Graham.  I could totally see what they meant. Not a special player, but a damn fine one. Not a double digit sack guy, but 5-8 and just good all around play

I think Bosa will be a 10-12 sack type of guy for years to come. I want to be clear, I will be perfectly fine with Bosa and he has a very low chance of becoming a bust, but he just isn't special to me. He's not Mack/Garrett/Miller type of prospect. 

2 minutes ago, typecast said:

Who is this guy? And I thought Bengals would be more willing to finally trade up with a new coaching staff and I do see them trying to get someone like Haskins. Just make sure AJ Green is part of the trade! 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Who is this guy? And I thought Bengals would be more willing to finally trade up with a new coaching staff and I do see them trying to get someone like Haskins. Just make sure AJ Green is part of the trade! 

I believe he's fairly legit as a draft guy. His stuff had been mentioned before in the draft forum. I thought someone had vouched for his reports before, but I'm not sure how accurate he is totally

Archived