2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

Just now, Forge said:

I believe he's fairly legit as a draft guy. His stuff had been mentioned before in the draft forum. I thought someone had vouched for his reports before, but I'm not sure how accurate he is totally

Okay that's good to hear. What would we realistically get from a trade from #2 to #11? 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Okay that's good to hear. What would we realistically get from a trade from #2 to #11? 

I could be wrong of course, and just misremembering, but he'sd definitely been success in draft forum before

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think Bosa will be a 10-12 sack type of guy for years to come. I want to be clear, I will be perfectly fine with Bosa and he has a very low chance of becoming a bust, but he just isn't special to me. He's not Mack/Garrett/Miller type of prospect

Bingo!

And I'm not even sure about 10-12 per year. I think if he has other peices around him he could. A very good to dominant DT inside to help him, yes. But if he's your premier pass-rusher no, I think he'll have years where he might not reach double-digits. I see him as a slightly better Chris Long.

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I could be wrong of course, and just misremembering, but he'sd definitely been success in draft forum before

If Broncos are set on Lock, and the Giants like Jones, the Bengals may not need to come up to #2. Comes down to the Raiders then and how much they like Haskins.

31 minutes ago, Forge said:

I believe he's fairly legit as a draft guy. His stuff had been mentioned before in the draft forum. I thought someone had vouched for his reports before, but I'm not sure how accurate he is totally

Yea, he's been an industry guy for years. He runs a scouting service in which teams pull reports from his assortment of local scouts. As for the accuracy, it's a month before the draft and the information is likely coming from scouts he sees on the road at pro days and requests made by teams for information. YMMV depending on the rumor. I just see it all as another data point to be aware of.

You can read some of his work here from last year here: https://www.bigblueview.com/2018/4/13/17231788/nfl-draft-report-player-profiles-scouting-reports-2018-nfl-draft-dave-te-thomas

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

But who did Keim already confirm it? Can't see why he would do that with four weeks left to the draft. Not that it matters as they have the #1 pick but still. 

Eric Galko, apparently

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

Bingo!

And I'm not even sure about 10-12 per year. I think if he has other peices around him he could. A very good to dominant DT inside to help him, yes. But if he's your premier pass-rusher no, I think he'll have years where he might not reach double-digits. I see him as a slightly better Chris Long.

I've also heard Chris Long as a comp. I can see it with regards to what kind of player he would become. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Who is this guy? And I thought Bengals would be more willing to finally trade up with a new coaching staff and I do see them trying to get someone like Haskins. Just make sure AJ Green is part of the trade! 

Honestly, I would kind of dig a trade like this if it included Green. Get him locked up for a couple of more years to finish out his career. I hate losing out on the elite talent at the top of the draft, but at 11, I'm not completely discounting the possibility of getting Sweat, Ferrell or Burns and I think I'd prefer 3 years of Green + one of those guys over Bosa / Allen. Not sure what other guys I'd be open to there. Baker? I don't like Greedy, so would hope that we would avoid that. No safety worth that pick. Theoretically, maybe an offensive lineman or tight end, I suppose. 

8 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Thought you would’ve caught the sarcasm...  ;)

Are you not believing it then? I didn't watch the podcast that was posted in the draft forum, so was kind of just rolling with what I was seeing 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Are you not believing it then? I didn't watch the podcast that was posted in the draft forum, so was kind of just rolling with what I was seeing 

I thought you posted that tweet last week in the draft forum but it was @49erurtaza.  We had a laugh about a guy claiming that the Cards “confirmed” their pick with him.  Sorry all you 49er fans look the same. :P

Archived