2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

2 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

It is a new coach, but not a new GM, right? So, yes. Perhaps there isn't much to this.

Mike Brown is forever and always in charge of the Bengals. I don't think that they even have an actual GM. I posted it either earlier in this thread or another thread, but the bengals have quite literally traded up only 4 times, I believe, in their entire existence in any round. So that's like 50+ years, and they have traded up 4 times. Again, in any round. 

2 hours ago, oldman9er said:

I would view Risner as the future at RT, and for McG to eventually replace Joe when that time comes. 

Okay that’s fair, tbh I trust our decision makers when it comes to the OL. It’s the toughest for me to evaluate, I can’t differentiate those with more/less potential like I can with edge rushers/receivers/QBs/RBs. 

So that said if he’s viewed as a future Tackle, I’m okay with the idea...though I think Joe still has a few good years left especially if we’re contenders in that time. 

Its like the Dexter Lawrence thought for me, if we have the chance at a close-to-elite talent that typically shouldn’t be available at pick #36, get him. A bookend tackle fits that box for me. 

1 hour ago, 48 1/2ers said:

though I think Joe still has a few good years left especially if we’re contenders in that time. 

Oh yeah, me too. Just a big fan of Risner, and having a 1st rd talented OL that can play in or out no problem. I wouldn't cringe by a long shot if they go with a Dex Lawrence at 36, but my bet is two-fold. 1) there's probably a target or two I would have much preferred at that time, and 2) there's some good looking day 3 options who can handle the 1 tech that we run 30% of the time. 

( I can probably say the same for some options early day 3 available on the OL, but they get higher value priority, in this case )

I wrote this in a recent mailbag -- and it got widely panned by readers -- but my guess is that of all the Day 2 wide receivers, Shanahan will end up liking Georgia's Riley Ridley the best. He simply moves better than some of the more acclaimed players like N'Keal Harry and AJ Brown. I also think he'll end up liking Ohio State's Terry McLaurin. If Deebo Samuel were two inches taller, he'd be perfect Z receiver. The bottom line is that there will be some talented WRs when the 49ers are picking in the second round and should be a few in the third if they go elsewhere in the second.

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm rather 'meh' on Ridley...he is good, and well-rounded but may not be exceptional at much. Just the impression I get after watching him.

And Jonathan Delmark has released his Solly Playbook: 

during the first 12 weeks, over 90% of his pass rush snaps were off the edge, where he can't win.

It's a very good watch. I especially recommend it to those who have given up on Thomas living up to a 1st round grade. 49ers Playbook: Solomon Thomas pt 1 of 2 

Like others, I doubt the Bengals make a crazy trade up to #2. But this is what that trade looks like to provide equal value according to the draft pick value chart:

Bengals get:

#2 overall

49ers get:

#11 overall 

#42 overall 

#72 overall 

AJ Green (or a 2020 1st)

2020 4th

If offered, I take. 

1 minute ago, y2lamanaki said:

Like others, I doubt the Bengals make a crazy trade up to #2. But this is what that trade looks like to provide equal value according to the draft pick value chart:

Bengals get:

#2 overall

49ers get:

#11 overall 

#42 overall 

#72 overall 

AJ Green (or a 2020 1st)

2020 4th

If offered, I take. 

I'd probably take it. I think I'd prefer to try and make #72 this year their second next year, but yeah, I think I'm good with this. 

1 minute ago, y2lamanaki said:

Bengals get:

#2 overall

49ers get:

#11 overall 

#42 overall 

#72 overall 

AJ Green (or a 2020 1st)

2020 4th

If offered, I take. 

tenor.gif?itemid=11299444

Their 2020 first is the whole reason I make this deal. Without it, I am not sure I pull the trigger (or at least that's what I tell them until like 10 minutes before the draft starts lol)

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

Their 2020 first is the whole reason I make this deal. Without it, I am not sure I pull the trigger (or at least that's what I tell them until like 10 minutes before the draft starts lol)

I think it depends on how you feel about Green moving forward. There are absolutely questions there with regards to his increasing age and health issues. 

Archived