2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

16 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Who is that a quote from??? 

Ridley and McL are unspectacular-okay by me, and I'd like to think that they would be rd 3 looks, at the earliest. 

Barrows. 

Latest PFF mock draft. We take Bosa, surprise. The accompanying podcast was a good listen for this one. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-palazzolo-vs-renner-2019-nfl-mock-draft

On another podcast there was an interesting comment they made about the 2nd round, since they were talking about teams without a first round selection, and what they would do. The name Garrett Bradbury came up at the top of the second round, and they were saying that he would be a perfect fit for the Rams or 49ers. Mike Renner commented that the 49ers in particular may not have gotten what they paid for regarding Weston Richburg due to his nagging injuries, and performance so far. This isn't the biggest need, but it wouldn't be a shock to see him taken. Shanahan seems to really want to get that run game/offensive line in order. Also protecting Jimmy is vital. I bet a lot of the fans would be ticked though if we took him with our second round pick.

Here is another article that specially talks about the 49ers and Bradbury, and piggybacks off of what PFF had to say regarding the fit as well:

https://ninernoise.com/2019/04/02/49ers-nfl-draft-profile-garrett-bradbury/

Bradbury's fine by me as an option for 36, though if Chris Lindstrom's there, he would also would be a very appealing choice. His movement skills and durability are impressive. That OT experience combined with 34.1" arms helps plenty. 

2 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Bradbury's fine by me as an option for 36, though if Chris Lindstrom's there, he would also would be a very appealing choice. His movement skills and durability are impressive. That OT experience combined with 34.1" arms helps plenty. 

You know that I'm a fan of Bradbury. Little old, truthfully, but he's a great fit in this scheme and I think he'd be a great center for us

1 hour ago, Forge said:

You know that I'm a fan of Bradbury. Little old, truthfully, but he's a great fit in this scheme and I think he'd be a great center for us

I know nothing about bradbury but I am fine with older players in later rounds. You can get immediate starters and you'll basically have them on a rookie contract for their best years.

Kittle was an older prospect. 

4 minutes ago, N4L said:

I know nothing about bradbury but I am fine with older players in later rounds. You can get immediate starters and you'll basically have them on a rookie contract for their best years.

Kittle was an older prospect. 

Bradbury is forsure a top 50 pick fyi

1 hour ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Bradbury is forsure a top 50 pick fyi

after I posted that, I scrolled up and saw papa talk about him in the second round. 

It would be like Mike McGlinchy part 2 lol especially with some FS that everyone loves still on the board hah just like last year with Derwin James and Fitzpatrick 

I can see the reasoning behind this. If I am not mistaken Richburg can be cut after this season with basically no dead money (EDIT: not true, keep scrolling). Bradbury could easily play G for us for a year and then slide into C next season. 

Any word on how Tomlinson is recovering? It was a damn shame he tore his MCL in week 17. He has been a really good player for us. If they are concerned about his injury, then the interior OL is certainly a concern. We are not deep there as of now. I still havent given up on Garnet, but I wont hold my breath either. 

33 minutes ago, N4L said:

after I posted that, I scrolled up and saw papa talk about him in the second round. 

It would be like Mike McGlinchy part 2 lol especially with some FS that everyone loves still on the board hah just like last year with Derwin James and Fitzpatrick 

I can see the reasoning behind this. If I am not mistaken Richburg can be cut after this season with basically no dead money. Bradbury could easily play G for us for a year and then slide into C next season. 

Any word on how Tomlinson is recovering? It was a damn shame he tore his MCL in week 17. He has been a really good player for us. If they are concerned about his injury, then the interior OL is certainly a concern. We are not deep there as of now. I still havent given up on Garnet, but I wont hold my breath either. 

I'm not going to count on him to start the season, just to be on the safe side. But hey, maybe if that happens, Garnett can actually show something. 

And yeah, Richburg can actually be cut this year and we would save 400K. We aren't upside down on his deal or anything. 

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm not going to count on him to start the season, just to be on the safe side. But hey, maybe if that happens, Garnett can actually show something. 

And yeah, Richburg can actually be cut this year and we would save 400K. We aren't upside down on his deal or anything. 

by him, you mean Tomlinson? Garnet could certainly benefit from having all of the first team reps in camp. 

I just looked up Richburgs contract again. Holy s***, its horrible. 

400k this year isnt worth cutting a guy over tbh. While there are some savings starting next year, he is going to count 8.9 million against the cap if we keep him, and we will have 5.6 million in dead space if we cut him. 5.6 in dead space is a lot

This is the infuriating part about our FO. Was there anyone else in the league even close to our offer?? We gave him 5 years 47 million but its really a three year 30 million dollar deal with 3.7 million dollars in dead space in year 4 or a two year 23 million dollar deal with 5.6 in dead space in year three. Was anyone else offering this guy even 8 million a year??

I dont know how much haggling goes on with guys agents. If you are richburg or a guy like Kwon, do you even counter our offer? They are both such ludicrous overpays that happened so quickly after the start of FA, that it seems like these guys jumped all over our first offer lol 

I was always worried about his fit on this team, just because the knock seemed to be that he isnt strong enough to handle powerful interior DLmen and our division has more than a few of those types of players. Hopefully he can bounce back because as of now that is one of the worst contracts in the sport

39 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I would not mind going OL in the 2nd, regardless of position (C, G, T, doesn't matter). I just want us to focus on the pass rush in the 1st, please!

Yep. Some questionable gambling going on for the secondary, but since the F/O seems to feel they have the guys they want there, attention to OL and WR on day 2 looks like the next best way to go. 

Edge in rd 1.

BPA at OL and WR rds 2-3. 

BPA the rest of the way with CB, TE, LB, and maybe another Edge or 1 tech. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115ca4c37f37684c6373

Archived