2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

18 hours ago, Forge said:

I'd probably take it. I think I'd prefer to try and make #72 this year their second next year, but yeah, I think I'm good with this. 

What exactly is Cincinnati's motivation for making that move up?

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

What exactly is Cincinnati's motivation for making that move up?

A quarterback, apparently. 

Though I will believe when I see it. Cincy doesn't trade up

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

A quarterback, apparently. 

Though I will believe when I see it. Cincy doesn't trade up

I mean, the more obvious question is why San Francisco?  New York clearly isn't taking a QB at 3, and they've been pretty vocal about their desire to move down from 3, so wouldn't it make more sense to strike a deal with them than San Francisco?  Something like their FRP and SPR this year and a SRP next year is probably something they'd be more willing to stomach than the proposed package.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, the more obvious question is why San Francisco?  New York clearly isn't taking a QB at 3, and they've been pretty vocal about their desire to move down from 3, so wouldn't it make more sense to strike a deal with them than San Francisco?  Something like their FRP and SPR this year and a SRP next year is probably something they'd be more willing to stomach than the proposed package.

Not if Murray goes #1 and a different team trades with San Francisco to move up to #2 for Haskins. This rumor assumes that Cincinnati is looking to move up for Haskins and San Francisco is willing to move down. If that's the case, Cincinnati would have to gamble that no other team would want to trade up with San Francisco. 

17 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Not if Murray goes #1 and a different team trades with San Francisco to move up to #2 for Haskins. This rumor assumes that Cincinnati is looking to move up for Haskins and San Francisco is willing to move down. If that's the case, Cincinnati would have to gamble that no other team would want to trade up with San Francisco. 

San Francisco's motivation to move down is based purely on a team willing to "overwhelm" them in terms of their package.  Simply "meeting" trade value isn't going to get it done.  Giving up their FRP and SRP this year still leaves roughly a mid FRP in value short of what the 49ers need just to match up against the TVC.  Does San Francisco move off of Bosa simply for "fair" value?  I think they'd need more than that.  Even if the Bengals were giving up a FRP next year, I'd still be surprised if the Niners were willing to do that deal.

But at the end of the day, are the Bengals going to offer up that much?  Unless they have a significantly high grade on Haskins, I don't see them making that kind of move.  Unless they're absolutely sure he's a franchise QB, they're not going to pay that price.  The Jared Goff trade is probably the baseline for what the Niners would want, and the Bengals aren't giving that IMO.

12 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

San Francisco's motivation to move down is based purely on a team willing to "overwhelm" them in terms of their package.  Simply "meeting" trade value isn't going to get it done.  Giving up their FRP and SRP this year still leaves roughly a mid FRP in value short of what the 49ers need just to match up against the TVC.  Does San Francisco move off of Bosa simply for "fair" value?  I think they'd need more than that.  Even if the Bengals were giving up a FRP next year, I'd still be surprised if the Niners were willing to do that deal.

But at the end of the day, are the Bengals going to offer up that much?  Unless they have a significantly high grade on Haskins, I don't see them making that kind of move.  Unless they're absolutely sure he's a franchise QB, they're not going to pay that price.  The Jared Goff trade is probably the baseline for what the Niners would want, and the Bengals aren't giving that IMO.

I don't think the Bengals trade up, but the answer to the question "why would Cincinnati trade with SF over NY?" that you asked is "Because SF could trade with another team and then Cincinnati misses out on the QB they wanted."

Whether or not Cincinnati ACTUALLY trades up (unlikely) or SF ACTUALLY trades down (highly possible) are both irrelevant to a theoretical scenario where Cincinnati DOES trade up with either the Jets or 49ers.

11 hours ago, Forge said:

Gary to niners confirmed

Grrrr...don't! This guy's production was some of the worst of all the Edge/DE draft class this year. People are drooling over his athletic potential! Instead, go for Montez Sweat and get not only athletic potential, but some ACTUAL production and from a guy who is already visibly improving.

Gary is the one pick in the 1st I would be absolutely livid about picking. I think even Butler I could stomach....

Archived