2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

FWIW, still not a huge fan of him. He got a bump from the combine somewhat, and I'm amenable to taking him at 36 (and I've done that in a couple of mocks) but I'm certainly not trading down to ten and picking him there. 

Pete's mock draft results so far..

Traded Soloman Thomas to the Pats for picks 64 and 97, Bosa went #1 and no one was moving up.

R1 #2. Quinnen Williams DT Alabama

R2 #36. Nasir Adderley FS Delaware

R2 #64. JJ Arcega - Whiteside WR Stanford

R3 #67. Connor McGovern OG Penn State

R3 #97

R4 #104 

R6 #176

R6 #212

I'd be more than happy with this.

thoughts??

5 hours ago, DTMW78 said:

Pete's mock draft results so far..

Traded Soloman Thomas to the Pats for picks 64 and 97, Bosa went #1 and no one was moving up.

R1 #2. Quinnen Williams DT Alabama

R2 #36. Nasir Adderley FS Delaware

R2 #64. JJ Arcega - Whiteside WR Stanford

R3 #67. Connor McGovern OG Penn State

R3 #97

R4 #104 

R6 #176

R6 #212

I'd be more than happy with this.

thoughts??

It be sexy, but get us that next best EDGE RUSHER !!!!! 

Best not to rely completely on Ford. I still find your received  S Thomas trade comp as a fornicatory assault. That trade should have been rejected by Pete, but hey, 49ers FTW.  :) 

48 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

It be sexy, but get us that next best EDGE RUSHER !!!!! 

Best not to rely completely on Ford. I still find your received  S Thomas trade comp as a fornicatory assault. That trade should have been rejected by Pete, but hey, 49ers FTW.  :) 

Well he offered me the deal so I reject your claims of assault, I guess you could say he asked for it.

As for the other pass rusher..

giphy.gif

I think RB3 needs to be given more of an a opportunity to be that guy.

5.5 sacks last season on limited playing time.

I think he's a 8-10 sack guy as a full time starter.

Blair - Williams - Buckner - Ford 

With Armstead , Day , Jones and Street rotating in and out...

37 minutes ago, DTMW78 said:

As for the other pass rusher..

giphy.gif

I think RB3 needs to be given more of an a opportunity to be that guy.

5.5 sacks last season on limited playing time.

I think he's a 8-10 sack guy as a full time starter.

Blair - Williams - Buckner - Ford 

With Armstead , Day , Jones and Street rotating in and out...

I think it's hoping for a lot when thinking a 5th year veteran (in 2019) is going to develop into more than what he already is. Not saying it's impossible, but seems more likely that he's just who he is at this point.

I honestly don't get the drafting of Street. NC State had great talent along that line but out of all of them, Street was the least impressive. His tape was just really underwhelming to me. Just don't see it. Only time will tell but I'd be shocked if Street amounted to much. 

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

I honestly don't get the drafting of Street. NC State had great talent along that line but out of all of them, Street was the least impressive. His tape was just really underwhelming to me. Just don't see it. Only time will tell but I'd be shocked if Street amounted to much. 

Yeah, that was the biggest wtf moment to me in the draft last year. 

He is built like Solomon Thomas, but his first step was horrible and I didn't see any reason we needed to take him in the fourth and then completely ignore the edge. I still get pissed when I think about it 

Also, having a slow first step, being 280 lbs, then tearing your acl doesn't make me feel great about the idea that you'll come back with any sort of first step. 

He might turn out to be a solid player, but i don't get why we've stacked so many interior DLmen.

2 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

I think it's hoping for a lot when thinking a 5th year veteran (in 2019) is going to develop into more than what he already is. Not saying it's impossible, but seems more likely that he's just who he is at this point.

Well, he has been is a productive player when he's on the field. He has made a lot of plays when actually given reps. I dont understand why he hasn't gotten more opportunities tbh 

He's been here for three coaching staffs and none have really given him a long look despite a lack of depth on the edge. Maybe the guy doesn't practice well or something, I'm not sure. 

Can the draft get here already? We've all been waiting for this since November lol 

3 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

Not saying he will turn out to be the answer but I think he at least deserves a shot.

Not entirely sure how many snaps he played last year but if they were to increase so  would his production imo.

2 minutes ago, DTMW78 said:

Not saying he will turn out to be the answer but I think he at least deserves a shot.

Not entirely sure how many snaps he played last year but if they were to increase so  would his production imo.

He played almost 50% of the snaps which is almost the same as Marsh and they both have very comparable stats. Blair just isn't the answer in my eyes and really should be a 3rd/4th edge guy like Marsh should be.

57 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

He played almost 50% of the snaps which is almost the same as Marsh and they both have very comparable stats. Blair just isn't the answer in my eyes and really should be a 3rd/4th edge guy like Marsh should be.

Maybe your right but we won't know until he gets a shot..

You would hope Ford , Buckner and in the case of my mock scenario, Quinnen Williams would be doing most of the damage.

If Blair could chip in with 5 - 8 sacks that would suffice.

Obviously if Bosa is there I would have taken him but in this case he went #1.

While I like those chosen in rounds 2-4, not a fan of the trade or the 1st pick. If you don't like Solomon Thomas, go watch Jonathan Delmark's YouTube video evaluation of him. Give Solly a chance. He's been played at the wrong position far too often.

Then, Q Wms just makes Armstead, Thomas and others redundant. Interior pressure is a luxury while edge pressure is an absolute necessity. We have Ford and no one else. Hoping Blair can be the other comes across as a pipe dream, to be honest. 

14 hours ago, Justone2 said:

I didn't realize he played so many snaps. That does change how I view him to be honest

Archived