2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

13 minutes ago, John232 said:

I would encourage everyone to listen to Cordell on Ross tickers pod. Great thoughts on the defensive line prospects 

Growing up in the era of cliff notes or spark notes, you're really not going to give us low on what was said???? 

44 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

NBC Sports' Peter King hears Ohio State QB Dwayne Haskins is "sinking" and "may be the fourth passer picked in this draft."

NFL.com draft analyst Lance Zierlein had a similar report over the weekend, writing Haskins' perceived draft stock has been "more media created than team driven." Expected to be the second quarterback off the board behind Oklahoma's Kyler Murray for most of the process, it now appears as if Missouri's Drew Lock and Duke's Daniel Jones have a real shot of jumping Haskins on draft day. It would be a surprise if all four are not selected on Day 1.

Earlier in the offseason, an anonymous GM was asked about where Josh Rosen would rank in this class (to assess the value of trading for him), and anonymous GM ranked him ahead of Haskins. I feel like people aren't generally all that high on Haskins. I guess it's more of a like, rather than love, kind of deal. I wouldn't be surprised if in reality, Haskins, Lock and Jones are way more tightly grouped than the media made them out to be. A team with a choice of the three might simply go with the scheme fit and personality over other qualities like arm strength, size, etc. Maybe even go with the gut feeling. So in that sense, sure, Haskins may be picked fourth. Then all three teams drafting these three guys will claim to have lucked out and gotten the best of the three. I guarantee you the team that drafts Lock will say "We had Lock at the top of our list. We're thrilled to have him. Blah blah blah". 

Matt Miller saying Niners are looking at Deebo or N'Keal in the 2nd, I would be fine with either.

"I will say, man, sometimes I don't tell you guys everything I hear because I've got to keep some stuff back to myself," Miller said during the most-recent Stick to Football podcast. "I've heard if N'Keal Harry's gone, Deebo's their guy at 36."

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/124605-49ers-eyeing-nkeal-harry-deebo-samuel-round-miller/

28 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Growing up in the era of cliff notes or spark notes, you're really not going to give us low on what was said???? 

I bent over backward posting this while doing 90 I-5. Risking going out in a blaze of draft talk and fire.

but now I’m sitting.( on a toilet)

he loves Bosa and Allen, thinks Allen made huge strides and that shouldn’t be overlooked.

thinks Burns is extremely erratic and play strength is an issue, but the love of the traits is there l.

mentioned that Montez sweat, though not super bendy converts speed to power well and..would best be utilized in a wide 9

Says the athleticism form Gary shows up on tape but worried about his production and how much time it would take to coach him up. 

thinks Clelin Ferrell is great, incredibly consistent could flex inside in sub, but isn’t a world beater in any one category. 

Thinks Ed Oliver isn’t a natural passrusher but freaky athlete who moves insanely well for a DT.

and lastly..doesn’t think Quinnen is a full time 3t, thinks he’s a greet player but not Aaron Donald level. His comparison was Leonard Williams 

I wouldn't give Cosell's draft insight much time. He has missed quite often over the years. I remember when he thought Locker was the next great QB and called him 'Favre 2.0'. For the life of me, I couldn't understand what he saw in him. He's really good with the X's and O's and analyzing pro concepts/schemes and talking about pro talent but I would take his draft assessments with a grain of salt.

28 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I wouldn't give Cosell's draft insight much time. He has missed quite often over the years. I remember when he thought Locker was the next great QB and called him 'Favre 2.0'. For the life of me, I couldn't understand what he saw in him. He's really good with the X's and O's and analyzing pro concepts/schemes and talking about pro talent but I would take his draft assessments with a grain of salt.

Sorry but I don't like when people use QB misses against evaluators. The pros who get paid highly only hit probably less than 5% or once in a career. Now if he has wild misses on the more common positions ok just don't hold anyone for QB evaluations. 

Haven't heard the convo but anyone who continues to let the draft world know QW is not Aaron Donald is ok in my book. 

1 hour ago, P_locniners said:

Matt Miller saying Niners are looking at Deebo or N'Keal in the 2nd, I would be fine with either.

"I will say, man, sometimes I don't tell you guys everything I hear because I've got to keep some stuff back to myself," Miller said during the most-recent Stick to Football podcast. "I've heard if N'Keal Harry's gone, Deebo's their guy at 36."

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/124605-49ers-eyeing-nkeal-harry-deebo-samuel-round-miller/

I actually just heard that on my way home today on his show. I’m cool with that. I think Deebo fits the offense really well. Matt Miller compared him to Pierre Garçon. Brown is still my dude, but Deebo is probably more realistic.

3 hours ago, P_locniners said:

I called the Deebo at 36 thing like 6 weeks ago. Was my odds on favorite for a long time (and still is). Matt Miller clearly just stalking my posts. In all honesty though, I don't think any of us are terribly surprised by that. I'm a little surprised we are up on Harry as high as we are if that's true. I like him as a prospect just fine, but I would have thought he'd be slightly lower on Shanny's personal board. 

As badly as I want Thornhill@36, I would love it if Harry was the pick there. I just think he's a absolute baller who will have a immediate impact as a pro. I just don't believe he's going to last until the second round. I think he comes off the board in the first.

3 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

I actually just heard that on my way home today on his show. I’m cool with that. I think Deebo fits the offense really well. Matt Miller compared him to Pierre Garçon. Brown is still my dude, but Deebo is probably more realistic.

I like Deebo but I just don't like the idea of drafting a WR in the 2nd rd. 

5 minutes ago, sherm said:

I like Deebo but I just don't like the idea of drafting a WR in the 2nd rd. 

I'd be absolutely floored if our second round pick is not a receiver. I'd consider safety, but I think we really like Ward and Tartt. Receiver is probably the most glaring positional need where we need someone who can come in and makes plays immediately

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd be absolutely floored if our second round pick is not a receiver. I'd consider safety, but I think we really like Ward and Tartt. Receiver is probably the most glaring positional need where we need someone who can come in and makes plays immediately

See, I'm not buying this. If they really liked Ward, he'd have gotten more than a one year, prove it type of deal. Im talking strictly about FS in particular. I do think they like the Tartt/Harris depth@SS. But I think FS is in far worst shape than WR.

15 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

See, I'm not buying this. If they really liked Ward, he'd have gotten more than a one year, prove it type of deal. Im talking strictly about FS in particular. I do think they like the Tartt/Harris depth@SS. But I think FS is in far worst shape than WR.

I think if we draft a safety, it won't be for anyone we expect to start this year. I'd expect a safety between rounds 4-6, but if be surprised if we go there in round 2, particularly with the need at receiver. I think we absolutely resigned Ward to start and the staff was talking him up long before we resigned him, and I don't think we are calling it quits in Colbert yet. 

29 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

As much as I hate to say it but just like pass rusher last year they plan on pushing safety to a next year fix. Personally if Adderley (broken record I know) was there in the 2nd I'd run to the podium. I dont think he makes it though in any case.

Archived