2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

5 hours ago, P_locniners said:

Matt Miller saying Niners are looking at Deebo or N'Keal in the 2nd, I would be fine with either.

"I will say, man, sometimes I don't tell you guys everything I hear because I've got to keep some stuff back to myself," Miller said during the most-recent Stick to Football podcast. "I've heard if N'Keal Harry's gone, Deebo's their guy at 36."

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/124605-49ers-eyeing-nkeal-harry-deebo-samuel-round-miller/

I would love Harry. Deebo would make me a sad panda. I have said this over and over; I don’t hate Deebo the player, but I hate his ability to stay on the field. I think there is going to be plenty of talented players without the injury concerns Samuel has at 36. 

1 hour ago, Ftn49 said:

As much as I hate to say it but just like pass rusher last year they plan on pushing safety to a next year fix. Personally if Adderley (broken record I know) was there in the 2nd I'd run to the podium. I dont think he makes it though in any case.

And that's what I really believe is the issue. The believe they can get by with Ward for a year. It's not really that they believe in his talent, per say. I just think the sooner you get a long-term starter in the position and taking reps, the better for the team as a whole but especially the defense...

IF we don't WR in round 2, I'm really starting to warm up to the idea of Miles Boykin in the third or fourth.

By the way..Matt Waldmans prospect profiles are things of just utter insanity. This guy truly flexes as a former magazine editor. 40 dollars and I have over 4,000 pages of prospect profiles from the last three drafts 17,18,19.. Absolutely astounding. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

I'd be absolutely floored if our second round pick is not a receiver. I'd consider safety, but I think we really like Ward and Tartt. Receiver is probably the most glaring positional need where we need someone who can come in and makes plays immediately

See this is my problem. We were here last yr at this same cross road...and it did not go well for us...lol 

Sorry but S is a greater need than WR. Now will a wr have a bigger impact on this team next yr of course. But for the long term...which what the draft is all about. We need an impact S. I think a 3rd or 4th rd S won't be as valuable as say a 3rd or 4th rd wr. There will be some good quality guys there at pick 36...could be a huge fall off by our 3rd rd pick. 

19 minutes ago, sherm said:

See this is my problem. We were here last yr at this same cross road...and it did not go well for us...lol 

Sorry but S is a greater need than WR. Now will a wr have a bigger impact on this team next yr of course. But for the long term...which what the draft is all about. We need an impact S. I think a 3rd or 4th rd S won't be as valuable as say a 3rd or 4th rd wr. There will be some good quality guys there at pick 36...could be a huge fall off by our 3rd rd pick. 

You and I may think so (though I think they are comparable... Our receivers are not good), but I don't think the staff and front office view it that way. There was nobody screaming louder for ET than me. Nobody eviscerated this teams free agency more than me. The evidence suggests that they like our safeties and if that is the case, it really doesn't matter how we feel about it. 

They could still surprise me, wouldn't be the first time, but if I had to give a percentage on how sure I am that second rounder is a receiver, it's like 90%. I'd be looking safety and receiver in rounds two and three, either order is fine, and I'm hoping they do too. I just don't see it right now

Oh I agree we lack talent at wr...just think it's a deeper class at one position over the other. Also I would assume with a healthy Jimmy G and Kittle combo to go along with our hopefully improved running gm we can manage more than enough pts with our other receiving group(wr and backup te). Obviously Kittle is our #1 no matter the wr we bring in. So with Pettis, Goodwin and the RB's we are looking at 4th on the team in targets. Maybe 3rd at best. That's not including Matthews if he takes over the slot. Now injuries could push the rookie up the targets chain...but a relatively healthy group and I have my doubts how many targets he'll get. 

This doesn't account for super stud rookie breakout player...lol all bets are off then.

16 minutes ago, sherm said:

Oh I agree we lack talent at wr...just think it's a deeper class at one position over the other. Also I would assume with a healthy Jimmy G and Kittle combo to go along with our hopefully improved running gm we can manage more than enough pts with our other receiving group(wr and backup te). Obviously Kittle is our #1 no matter the wr we bring in. So with Pettis, Goodwin and the RB's we are looking at 4th on the team in targets. Maybe 3rd at best. That's not including Matthews if he takes over the slot. Now injuries could push the rookie up the targets chain...but a relatively healthy group and I have my doubts how many targets he'll get. 

This doesn't account for super stud rookie breakout player...lol all bets are off then.

A rookie can easily supplant Goodwin. He's Jag. He shouldn't be getting an 80 percent snap share

But again, this is independent of my view of the team. I'm saying what I'm saying because I don't think the front office  views safety as a big need based on the actions and scuttle. I think they are content with Ward and Tartt. My hope is I'm wrong. My gut doesn't think so

7 hours ago, John232 said:

IF we don't WR in round 2, I'm really starting to warm up to the idea of Miles Boykin in the third or fourth.

Love Baby T.O. v2. Had just read from PFF that had just 3 drops on 62 catchable passes. 

Everywhere I read him as a mid-late 2nd rd pick to a 4th rd pick. Maybe that turns out true, but I really do not understand it.

Just can't see why Boykin is any less the WR that DK Metcalf is propped up to be.. and he's perceived a universal top 25 pick. MB had better production with a much weaker QB/pass game. MB is clearly superior in agility.. has better hands.. and I can't speak for DK's maturity and work ethic, but from all I read, MB has that at a high level. 

People talk about "watching teh film", and don't see the Combine numbers from Boykin. That can be fair enough, but the big guys generally look slower on film. The long strides can be smooth and deceiving. 

I don't know. Been wrong and right plenty over the years. That's the sport of the Draft itself. If Boykin had a better QB on a team that focused more on him, the numbers go way up, and he's likely now seen as a top 25 prospect after the Combine. Go figure. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The fact you guys don't even acknowledge Hollywood Brown is super disappointing to me. None of your mock drafts I see him being the pick for us. Shame on you guys...Shame on ALL you guys!

I just can't get into him. A 150 lbs. WR with foot problems really concerns me. I'll admit, though, I haven't done much research on him, but is he only a deep threat? What separates him from Goodwin and Pettis in that regard?

16 hours ago, John232 said:

he loves Bosa and Allen, thinks Allen made huge strides and that shouldn’t be overlooked.

thinks Burns is extremely erratic and play strength is an issue, but the love of the traits is there l.

mentioned that Montez sweat, though not super bendy converts speed to power well and..would best be utilized in a wide 9

Says the athleticism form Gary shows up on tape but worried about his production and how much time it would take to coach him up. 

thinks Clelin Ferrell is great, incredibly consistent could flex inside in sub, but isn’t a world beater in any one category. 

Thinks Ed Oliver isn’t a natural passrusher but freaky athlete who moves insanely well for a DT.

and lastly..doesn’t think Quinnen is a full time 3t, thinks he’s a greet player but not Aaron Donald level. His comparison was Leonard Williams 

The bold is exactly why I have been looking at 'Tez more closely. Really liking the guy....a lot! If we take a trade down rather than Bosa, I would be ecstatic about picking Sweat. :x

Gary is my most disliked prospect. Want nothing to do with him.

Ferrell would be a nice consolation prize if we missed out on Sweat in a trade down...

Oliver and Williams I feel will be good players but are overhyped, much like Cossell. 

Have to find a way to listen to that....

7 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I just can't get into him. A 150 lbs. WR with foot problems really concerns me. I'll admit, though, I haven't done much research on him, but is he only a deep threat? What separates him from Goodwin and Pettis in that regard?

You have to watch him. Dude is legit man....He's going to be a problem for years to come and yes, he's a great deep threat, Hilton-esque. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

You have to watch him. Dude is legit man....He's going to be a problem for years to come and yes, he's a great deep threat, Hilton-esque. 

Exactly. His hands, routes and speed are fantastic. Size is the only real issue. Don't put too much into the Lisfranc injury. Many a WR has one of these at some time in their career.

Archived