2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

Honestly, this is why we need to trade down badly. Bengals won't do it for multiple reasons but #11 is perfect. But why would they need to trade up if Haskins is going to be there anyways? 

But getting that trade done with the Bengals would allow us to come away with a package of:

Burns/top 2nd round FS/top 2nd round WR.

Like literally PERFECT and we would hit on pretty much majority of our needs with our first three picks. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Honestly, this is why we need to trade down badly. Bengals won't do it for multiple reasons but #11 is perfect. But why would they need to trade up if Haskins is going to be there anyways? 

But getting that trade done with the Bengals would allow us to come away with a package of:

Burns/top 2nd round FS/top 2nd round WR.

Like literally PERFECT and we would hit on pretty much majority of our needs with our first three picks. 

I'm not sure Burns or Sweat make it to 11. Detroit and NYG seem highly likely to pick up one of those two. But like you said, I just don't see why a team would trade up to 2 to pick Haskins. Really, at that point it's really 7-10 being the best partners for cinci. 

I'd love a trade back if Bosa is gone, but I still think we can address all our needs with top talent if we go DE->S->WR. Ridley, Boykin, Morgan Jr., Ratliff Williams will all be there in round 3. Hell, Whiteside might be too. .We can basically grab a starter in each round if we hit that order, because i'm not sure any Safety in round 3 or IOl is going to be an improvement upon what we have at those positions right now. 

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I know most here are pretty much set on taking a WR or FS in round two, but what IF Tillery and/or Simmons fall to our pick? What do we do then? These guys are legitimate MONSTERS rushing the passer like Q-Williams. Are their talents too much to pass on even if they aren't the most pressing needs? 

I wouldn't put either in QW's category as far as talent/tape so I couldn't say yes to either at 36. But there's no way to justify a 2nd round pick on a DT coming off a ACL so Simmons would definitely be a emphatic no for me. That makes zero sense considering the holes we have elsewhere and the fact he gives us absolutely nothing in 2019 for a top 50 pick. 

1 hour ago, John232 said:

I don't think taking a safety is out of the question. I think they like Ward because of his versatility but that can kind of work against him too as a starter. I would imagine it comes down to specific scheme fits but players like: Thompson, Adderly or CGJ (doubtful to be there) and even Savage or Thornhill would give them serious consideration. Whereas Rapp, Collins, Hooker and some second round corner prospect..not so much. 

It just really comes down to how the draft breaks down, if Deebo, AJ Brown and Butler are all off before 36 which is very possible..I don't see us reaching on a receiver because odds are, a good DB prospect just dropped to us. 

There's actually a part of me that hope that happens and forces our hand to go safety in round 2. 

14 hours ago, Forge said:

This is a happy accident though. My stance is basically that I don't see us drafting a safety in the first three rounds to compete for the starting role. I'm not saying that we won't draft one at all, and I'm not saying that we wouldn't add depth to compete with Colbert. But I don't think that we are looking at improving the top of the depth chart - I think that we are happy with Ward there.  Could we draft one in round 6 and he happens to outplay Ward and earns the starting spot? Absolutely. But I'm not going to give the team credit for "looking to improve on ward" by lucking out and finding a gem in round 6. They should not be drafting guys in round 6 with the thought that they are immediately going to come in and start lol. I'm not saying that I don't think we draft a safety at all...I'm saying that I think the team is happy with the Ward / Tartt duo starting, and won't press for a current year potential starting safety early in the draft. 

I'm saying the team is happy enough with Ward. I don't think it precludes improving on him. It's fair not to count on anyone in the draft. Maybe they don't expect the guy they want to be there at or around 36, but if he is, then the contract they gave to Ward doesn't preclude the drafting of a FS. If they really were set on Ward, why not give him a 2 year deal, with more guarantees? The contract he signed isn't prohibitive to us drafting a FS at all. We just wanted to make sure we had at least a Ward-level player on the roster before the draft, because we don't know how the draft will turn out. You don't go into the draft with only Colbert on the team and then be forced to look at safety early. Signing Ward gives us options. It gives us flexibility. Trading for Dee Ford gives us options. If we hadn't added him, the first pick would have had to be an edge rusher. Now we can contemplate Q.Williams, or a trade down.

Again, as I said, you're very likely to be right, in that we aren't going to address FS early on. And you're right that the staff would be happy enough with a starting duo of Ward and Tartt. All I'm saying is that signing Ward didn't make it impossible or at all improbable that we draft a FS. And maybe #36 is a target for a WR, but if they see a FS slipping a bit, maybe they try to move back up into the second round to grab him. But if there's no such opportunity, at least we have Ward, who they are happy enough with. If we didn't re-sign him, then we'd have to sacrifice WR for a FS, or even move up for a FS with 36, costing us more draft capital (that we don't have too much of to begin with). Now, they very well might not go for a FS, but I don't think it is because we have Ward. We have Ward in order not to have to force a FS pick early. 

I wasn't necessarily thinking about lucking out in the sixth round. Even drafting a FS in the second round is not a guarantee he'll start over Ward right away, or ever. My whole point is you don't want to need luck, therefore you sign someone like Ward. If Earl Thomas is too expensive, and the others aren't the right fit, what do you do? You re-sign Ward and try finding someone in the draft. Are they happy with Ward? Sure. Would they be happier with a rookie who could turn out to be even better? Absolutely. But unless you draft him in the top of the first, you need a guy like Ward (or preferably someone less injury-prone, but that's another issue) to mitigate the risk.

And who knows, maybe we don't draft a FS because Colbert actually kills it in the OTAs... not really believing it, I'm just saying it's possible.

Baby T.O. v2 !!!! Get to know him.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=15&v=o46wRysD2rs

USATSI_12383987_168384674_lowres.jpg?w=9

Miles-Boykin-Draft-Image-768x432.png

“Just refining my route running,” Boykin said when asked what he’s doing now to get better. “Just making sure everything’s clean. Translating college routes to NFL routes… Just being an all-around receiver.”

Notre Dame’s passing game didn’t’ ask Boykin to run a diverse route tree. Of his 867 receiving yards in 2018, 49.7% (431) came on just go routes (279) and out routes (152). Slants accounted for the third-highest percentage (10.6%).

It's been a while since I've done a mock draft, so here's my stab at one.

1.2: Nick Bosa, EDGE Ohio State - I think this point, he's the obvious pick if Murray goes #1. Bosa has the ability to be a consistent 10-15 sack guy. Him and Ford on the outside and Buck and Thomas on the inside is going to be a tough assignment for offensive lines each week.

2.36: A.J Brown, WR Ole Miss - This is pure hope that he lasts to this spot, but if he does, we get a legit starting receiver who would pair very nicely with Pettis. Brown is a lot like a young Pierre Garcon, a tough-nosed receiver who dominates the middle of field and intermediate areas. 

3.67: Amani Hooker, S Iowa - I LOVE Hooker's versatility. He's got great size (6'0 210 lbs.), he's very athletic, and he's only 20 years old. He can play SS or FS, but isn't a deep center fielder, which I think is ok because I don't think we're going to be asking our FS to do much of that this year. Our safeties are frequently getting hurt and Hooker can fill in for either spot.

TRADE - 49ers trade 4.105 to the Broncos for 4.126 and 5.149

4.126 via Broncos:  Drew Sample, TE Washington - I like his combination his size (6'4 260 lbs.), receiving ability, and blocking ability. For a piece to match with Kittle, we need someone who can block and catch. Sample can do both well enough to be a valuable second TE.

5.149 via Broncos: Terrill Hanks, LB New Mexico State - Hanks is a rangy, athletic LB who can cover or can come up and be an enforcer. Hanks fits the mold of the modern LB who can run and cover. Between Hanks, Warner, and Alexander, the middle of the field is on lockdown. 

6.177: Alex Bars, OG Notre Dame - I love the value here in 6th round. He's started as a tackle and a guard in college for one of the best offensive lines in recent years. With his injury, he won't make an impact in 2019, but he gets a year to learn and strengthen his body. I think he could step in and be a starting guard before his rookie deal is up.

6.214 via Comp: Derrick Baity, CB Kentucky - Baity has ideal size (6'2 190 lbs) for corners on our team and athletism, but lacks technique. This is a value pick at a crowded position on our roster, but I think Baity could be a decent contributor overtime at the outside corner position. 

Dane brugler's 7 round mock. Here we his selections for us

San Francisco 49ers
1 2 EDGE Nick Bosa
2 36 WR Marquise Brown
3 67 SS Amani Hooker
4 104 CB Jordan Brown
6 176 OL Brandon Hitner
6 212 LB Dre Greenlaw

12 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

My WR rankings of who I want in round 2 at #36:

1. Hollywood Brown (duh)

2. Andy Isabella

3. AJ Brown

4. JJ Arcega Whiteside

5. Deebo Samuel 

6. N'keal Harry

7. Riley Ridley

Legitimately would be fine with either of those guys but I think Ridley could be had in the 3rd round. 

Could flip 3 and 4, that's how close those two are for me.

Obviously Butler to me is a round 1 WR or else he would be high on the list. 

Just of the guys you listed, this is how I would rate them. I would also probably slide Butler in right before Hollywood Brown if I was adding anyone to the list. 

1a N’Keal Harry

1b AJ Brown

3 Hollywood Brown

4 Riley Ridley

5 Deebo Samuel

6 Andy Isabella

7 JJ Arcega-Whiteside

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

It's been a while since I've done a mock draft, so here's my stab at one.

1.2: Nick Bosa, EDGE Ohio State - I think this point, he's the obvious pick if Murray goes #1. Bosa has the ability to be a consistent 10-15 sack guy. Him and Ford on the outside and Buck and Thomas on the inside is going to be a tough assignment for offensive lines each week.

2.36: A.J Brown, WR Ole Miss - This is pure hope that he lasts to this spot, but if he does, we get a legit starting receiver who would pair very nicely with Pettis. Brown is a lot like a young Pierre Garcon, a tough-nosed receiver who dominates the middle of field and intermediate areas. 

These two picks alone make this draft a complete win for me. AJ Brown I think is the best overall receiver in this class with his teammate WR2. 

You call Hanks "rangy" is that true? he ran a 4.99 40? I havent watched a ton of New Mexico State lately lol

Walter from walterfootball.com has the most ideal first three rounds I have seen by far this year.

1. Nick Bosa

2. Greedy Williams

3. N’Keal Harry

this will never happen, but I would be so ecstatic if we somehow came away with these three players. I’ve heard some ranking Greedy closer to round two than the top of round one, so I wouldn’t be shocked if he fell, but I would be pretty shocked if Harry made it to our round three pick.

Archived