2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

19 hours ago, N4L said:

I came here to post the same thing. He moves very well for a guy his size. I am sold on him as a professional. I hope he is there when we are on the clock in the second. 

My first two picks are Allen then Butler. Then it's an LB in the third 

I really like Iowa states running back, David Montgomery. Really really like him. He's not a great scheme fit for us but the guy breaks tackles at a high rate. 

Watch him go to Kansas City in the third and blow up. Watch. 

Top of the second is way too early for me and Butler. I just don't like him that much. I'm projecting a little bit into my own beliefs about what will happen with the draft - namely there won't be more than 2 first round receivers taken, and I simply don't see Butler as the third or fourth best receiver in this class. If he's there at the top of the third, I'm willing to listen, and even then, I'm not sure that he'd be the top receiver on my board, as I think he's closer to the bottom of my top 10 receivers than he is the top 5. 

2 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

UVA's seniors FS Juan Thornhill and CB Tim Harris, Jr. both had stellar Belk Bowl performances, completely shutting down a South Carolina offense that was missing Debo Smauels, but was still one of the best in the SEC. Each player ended up with a pick, in a defensive shutout. Thornhill is the best FS in this class. Now that may be a little bit of the homer in me talking but I'd put him up against anyone. And Harris, Jr could be one of the biggest sleepers in this draft@CB. And junior CB Bryce Hall, who has been regarded by most pundits as a sure first round pick, announced he will be back for his senior year after the game.

You're not just being a homer. I have been a big fan of Thornhill for a while and have no attachment to Virginia football. I agree, I'd put him against anyone. 

2 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

UVA's seniors FS Juan Thornhill and CB Tim Harris, Jr. both had stellar Belk Bowl performances, completely shutting down a South Carolina offense that was missing Debo Smauels, but was still one of the best in the SEC. Each player ended up with a pick, in a defensive shutout. Thornhill is the best FS in this class. Now that may be a little bit of the homer in me talking but I'd put him up against anyone. And Harris, Jr could be one of the biggest sleepers in this draft@CB. And junior CB Bryce Hall, who has been regarded by most pundits as a sure first round pick, announced he will be back for his senior year after the game.

Hall is coming back??? Why???? He was one of my pre-combine 2nd round targets or late 1st trade up target. Not happy about that. He has the type of all around game built for our system. Can play at the LOS or off ball and has really good instincts. 

Smh……… 

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hall is coming back??? Why???? He was one of my pre-combine 2nd round targets or late 1st trade up target. Not happy about that. He has the type of all around game built for our system. Can play at the LOS or off ball and has really good instincts. 

Smh……… 

Well I'm estatic at least LOL. And I whole-heartedly agree with everything you said. But I figured he would stay. He loves the program and is the type of personality that wants to finish whatever he starts. Tireless worker and film junkie who worked his way from a *2 recruit to one of the best CBs in the country. I think if we would have beaten VT and with the bowl win, he probably declares. But he let a game-sealing int get wrestled right out of his arms for a big 4th down completion, late in VT game and I think he put that loss on himself. He wants to be on the field when that streak ends, is what I was hearing. 

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

Gators' DB Chauncey Gardner-Johnson.... hmmm.... looks like a real gamer.

Slot CB... S.. looks like he can do it all. Could be a top 40 player though, so I don't know if it's so feasible with other needs we have. 

Maybe I missed something but when did S not become a need? CGJ has been on my radar and his bowl gm only confirmed he is a top 50 prospect. 

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

Well I'm estatic at least LOL. And I whole-heartedly agree with everything you said. But I figured he would stay. He loves the program and is the type of personality that wants to finish whatever he starts. Tireless worker and film junkie who worked his way from a *2 recruit to one of the best CBs in the country. I think if we would have beaten VT and with the bowl win, he probably declares. But he let a game-sealing int get wrestled right out the his arms for a big 4th down completion, late in VT game and I think he put that loss on himself. He wants to be on the field when that streak ends, is what I was hearing. 

I am NOT happy. Good for you and your school, but what the hell???? Damn it, may have been my favorite corner in the draft. Good thing I didn't do my pre-combine mock draft as he was going to be pinned as my 2nd round pick LOL.

Quinnen Williams is decent I'd say sheesh. 

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Quinnen Williams is decent I'd say sheesh.

He may go first. Zona has the need, and I think we are way past the point where there is some major difference between he and Bosa. Williams is absolutely worth the first overall pick

4 hours ago, Forge said:

He may go first. Zona has the need, and I think we are way past the point where there is some major difference between he and Bosa. Williams is absolutely worth the first overall pick

I'll be happy with either one. Hopefully SOS plays in our favor tomorrow.

11 hours ago, sherm said:

Maybe I missed something but when did S not become a need? CGJ has been on my radar and his bowl gm only confirmed he is a top 50 prospect. 

I didn't at all say S wasn't a need. I suggested that we do indeed have needs other than S that may take priority, unless BPA is too clear to overlook. 

Anyway, I'm really liking what I see of Clemson edge rusher Clelin Ferrell so far. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So the Cowboys are resting Elliot. Welp, probably means Prescott doesn't play more than a quarter himself. We really need the Cowboys to win this game. If not, then have to rely on the Falcons and Browns to win which will be a tough task. 

Eli doing everything he can to help us out lol

Archived