2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

8 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Deebo is killing, is and has been one of my favorite WRs of this draft. As long as he stays healthy he’s going to have a great career. Big if though.

Deebo and Kelvin Harmon are by WR crushes. If Deebo was a few inches taller, he would be my favorite WR prospect this year. With him being 5'11, he's too similar to everyone else we have. 

20 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Meh, Bosa can play 3-4 OLB. Why would he be playing 3-4 DE? 

They may go Williams either way, but don't agree that Bosa couldn't play 3-4 OLB. 

Agreed. Now, I do think that you're not quite getting the best of Bosa in a 3-4, because you will drop him into coverage more as a 3-4 olb than he would as a 4-3 end, which isn't going to be a strength for the most part, but I dont' think there's any real reason that he couldn't play that role. He doesn't have the true burner speed off the snap from a stand up position either, but again, these are fairly small quibbles. His talent alone makes him worthy of #1 overall, though in a 3-4, I just don't think you're putting him in the best position to succeed and get the most from his talent. 

That being said, I've said it from jump that Williams made a little more sense for them either way provided they rate him and Bosa comparably. If you feel Williams is worthy of the #1 pick, and a lot of people do, then it makes sense. In a 4-3, they needed interior defensive line help. In a 3-4, they will need defensive ends and a nose tackle, so from a need perspective, this makes sense. Of course, the idea of a 3-4 DE getting chosen #1 overall is a bit quirky, but if you feel that he's 2009 - 2011 Justin Smith giving you 7-9 sacks from a 3-4 end spot and holding an edge, it obviously would be worth it. Of course, maybe they really like Josh Allen. Allen would be a great fit in a 3-4, and you see most people have him in the top 3 now, so I don't know that it's totally crazy that a team like Arizona would favor Allen over Bosa due to scheme fit, though again, Williams makes slightly more sense from a need perspective. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I do think that you're not quite getting the best of Bosa in a 3-4, because you will drop him into coverage more as a 3-4 olb than he would as a 4-3 end, which isn't going to be a strength for the most part, but I dont' think there's any real reason that he couldn't play that role. He doesn't have the true burner speed off the snap from a stand up position either, but again, these are fairly small quibbles. His talent alone makes him worthy of #1 overall, though in a 3-4, I just don't think you're putting him in the best position to succeed and get the most from his talent. 

... and they would have the high priced Chandler Jones as the other... not so great 34 OLB fit. O.o

2 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I've always had him pegged as a mid teens pick. But I thought there might be a chance Burns, Ferrell and Polite pushed him down quite a bit. Not so sure anymore. Feels like Burns is going to be the guy to drop. 

1 minute ago, John232 said:

I've always had him pegged as a mid teens pick. But I thought there might be a chance Burns, Ferrell and Polite pushed him down quite a bit. Not so sure anymore. Feels like Burns is going to be the guy to drop. 

Take it FWIW, but Walter's "sources" say that Burns is likely a day 2 pick who may get pushed up. I've always had Sweat round 1 as well. Late teens, early 20s. The senior bowl helps, but obviously the combine will have some absolute freaks there (Polite, Burns), so we will see what happens there. 

52 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Sounds like the raiders and 49ers are going to swap rosters for a few hours on Friday for senior bowl

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/123046-49ers-raiders-plan-temporarily-swap-senior-rosters-friday/

A swap can spice things up. But the last time I did that, my wi... my prospect left me for the other team... 

7 hours ago, oldman9er said:

... and they would have the high priced Chandler Jones as the other... not so great 34 OLB fit. O.o

Chandler Jones had his best season as a 3-4 OLB in 2017. 17 sacks, 52 tackles, 28 TFL. If Chandler Jones can go from a 4-3 DE at Syracuse & New England to a 3-4 OLB in Arizona, I don’t see how a better prospect in Bosa can’t. Bosa will be great in either alignment. Base, nickel, 3-rush, whatever. Gotta stop overthinking this.

55 minutes ago, ClutchDJ said:

Chandler Jones had his best season as a 3-4 OLB in 2017. 17 sacks, 52 tackles, 28 TFL. If Chandler Jones can go from a 4-3 DE at Syracuse & New England to a 3-4 OLB in Arizona, I don’t see how a better prospect in Bosa can’t. Bosa will be great in either alignment. Base, nickel, 3-rush, whatever. Gotta stop overthinking this.

Yup. He'll be fine. 

Archived