2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

14 hours ago, big9erfan said:

That Clemson d-line is incredille. But Bosa, Jones and Chase Young are pretty formidable too. Other really good dline guys around too. Great year to be looking for an edge rusher.

Oh man, Bosa or Ferrell with Buckner would be heavenly 

6 hours ago, Forge said:

Nick Bosa had another strip sack yesterday. God, I want him so much lol. He got a little nicked up with a groin injury and left the game, but I can't imagine it's anything too long term. 

Hopefully not. But some groin injueies can linger for weeks. In these first few weeks he's been completely dominant - and of course will be long gone befoe we have a chance to pick.

Just now, big9erfan said:

Hopefully not. But some groin injueies can linger for weeks. In these first few weeks he's been completely dominant - and of course will be long gone befoe we have a chance to pick.

Yeah, I don't care if it lingers for the rest of the season, honestly. He'd be ready to go by next year lol. 

5 minutes ago, John232 said:

Not sure how we'll be able to trade up. But if we're picking 13-8, I would want to try to do it. We have some holes, but this is still clearly the biggest. 

Fortunately, this draft is pretty stacked at pass rusher, so even if we can't get up there to get Bosa (and I highly doubt that we could without giving up a first this year and next), there are other options available. Montez Sweat is an undersized edge rusher, but he's got the frame to bulk up. He's played well this year, but not against any real competition. Will be monitoring him closely as SEC play kicks into gear. 

Joe Jackson is a guy that a lot of people like, though I'll admit to being underwhelmed with him at this point in the season. Not getting to the quarterback enough for my tastes. This is problematic because I thought his overall production last year was somewhat underwhelming as well. 

Clelin Ferrell would have been a first round pick last year, and while Clemson has feasted on some atrocious opposition (Furman, A&M, Georgia Southern), he's living up to it this year. That defensive line is stacked and that kid is a stud. 

That's not to mention someone like Josh Allen at UK as well. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Forge said:

Fortunately, this draft is pretty stacked at pass rusher, so even if we can't get up there to get Bosa (and I highly doubt that we could without giving up a first this year and next), there are other options available. Montez Sweat is an undersized edge rusher, but he's got the frame to bulk up. He's played well this year, but not against any real competition. Will be monitoring him closely as SEC play kicks into gear. 

Joe Jackson is a guy that a lot of people like, though I'll admit to being underwhelmed with him at this point in the season. Not getting to the quarterback enough for my tastes. This is problematic because I thought his overall production last year was somewhat underwhelming as well. 

Clelin Ferrell would have been a first round pick last year, and while Clemson has feasted on some atrocious opposition (Furman, A&M, Georgia Southern), he's living up to it this year. That defensive line is stacked and that kid is a stud. 

That's not to mention someone like Josh Allen at UK as well. 

My thoughts exactly. Everyone knows that Bosa is going to be a top 3 pick, so any team that wants him will need to pay big for him. With the amount of pass rushing talent coming out this year, I think it's perfectly acceptable to wait for one to fall, or target one that will be selected outside of the top 10.

19 hours ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I don't care if it lingers for the rest of the season, honestly. He'd be ready to go by next year lol. 

Just saw this about the injury. Neither option is a quick fix

"it was either a sports hernia or a partially torn groin muscle."