2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

Just now, Forge said:

This is my thing as well. I think Pettis has a chance to be very good, I will admit, but I have already stated my admonishment of making that trade up for him. I wasn't even a Landry fan (well, not as much as most were on this board - I had him a little earlier than where he went and was willing to take him in the first if we traded down), but given the tremendous upside I viewed him as having, and the positional importance, that absolutely would have been my move as opposed to trading up for Pettis. I think that definitely says something when I may have been the lowest out of anyone in the 49er forum.  I hope Pettis blows up, but man, Landry at that spot was just such incredible value. 

The thing with Landry is he dropped pretty frickin far and plenty of teams needed pass rush help. I think there's something medically that scared a lot of teams away, us included. That's the only way I could have seen has value tanked in the eyes of the team. They clearly value pass rush given how many bodies they've thrown at it (including Solly on some level), but I just think with their extended timeline for the rebuild, they're going to be real choosy with who they bring in as "the guy".

Worst case scenario, they're waiting for Ziggy : / 

8 minutes ago, John232 said:

The thing with Landry is he dropped pretty frickin far and plenty of teams needed pass rush help. I think there's something medically that scared a lot of teams away, us included. That's the only way I could have seen has value tanked in the eyes of the team. They clearly value pass rush given how many bodies they've thrown at it (including Solly on some level), but I just think with their extended timeline for the rebuild, they're going to be real choosy with who they bring in as "the guy".

Worst case scenario, they're waiting for Ziggy : / 

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if there were some medical reasons for the drop, especially after his injury plagued last year. 

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my choice for edge rusher, I am an uga homer but he's still a damn good player. He's a tad lighter than cliff avril who is what I was basing the position specs off of.

http://gridironnow.com/dandre-walker-finally-gets-his-turn-for-bulldogs-in-2018/2/

Assuming he doesn't blow up this year which he could I expect to see him late 1st to 3rd roundish. Here's some highlights.

https://youtu.be/XnQogSguUy4

Edited by Ftn49
  • Like 2

Ohio State hung 77 on Oregon State today. Weber was forgotten about last year due to injuries and Dobbins, but he's a really good back in my opinion and he was great to years ago

Oh and for those wondering, Nick Bosa had a couple of sacks and a couple of fumble recoveries. 

44 minutes ago, Forge said:

Ohio State hung 77 on Oregon State today. Weber was forgotten about last year due to injuries and Dobbins, but he's a really good back in my opinion and he was great to years ago

Oh and for those wondering, Nick Bosa had a couple of sacks and a couple of fumble recoveries. 

Too bad we won't be able to get someone like Nick Bosa in next draft. :(

11 hours ago, oldman9er said:

You guys are gonna look back on all this, and laaaauuuugh. 

Wait for it. :P 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjdJtP4kpw2tGDevJGfdq

That's what I'm afraid of. That if I want a sack I'm gonna have to wait for it .... and wait for it, and wairt for it, and ... :D

Edited by big9erfan
  • Like 1

According to overthecap, now that Attoachu and Cooper were cut, they do not count in the compensatory pick formula. They are predicting that we get a sixth rounder for losing Lynch (McKinnon and Richburg cancel out Hyde and Fusco). Losing Johnson, Tank, Paulsen, and/or Hall might net us an extra compensatory 7th, but they are currently predicting only the 6th.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2018 at 10:31 AM, struby3 said:

According to overthecap, now that Attoachu and Cooper were cut, they do not count in the compensatory pick formula. They are predicting that we get a sixth rounder for losing Lynch (McKinnon and Richburg cancel out Hyde and Fusco). Losing Johnson, Tank, Paulsen, and/or Hall might net us an extra compensatory 7th, but they are currently predicting only the 6th.

I'm surprised we are even getting any compensatory picks to be honest with you.

I'll take a 6th if we get it.