2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

19 hours ago, Forge said:

Just going to throw it out there that Montez Sweat had another solid game yesterday for Miss St. On the road in an SEC game against UK, had another sack and a half.

I didn't see that whole game, I only saw about half of it and I didn't really notice Sweat although I will say I wasn't really looking for him. On Miss St the guy that flashed (a lot) was Jeffery Simmons. He's a DT though, but he'll be a good one. Josh Allen looked very good for Kentucky too as far as pass rushers go.

And my boy D' Andre Walker had two forced fumbles (plus the sacks for those plays) and a defensed pass for good measure at Missouri.

Edited by Ftn49

20 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Without Jimmy, we're favorites for #1 pick, right? Who can be as bad as us? How many teams can CJ beat hard? Not many, methinks.

I would say the Bills, Jets, Raiders, Cardinals, and maybe Lions, along with us will be making up the top 5 spots.

I'm eying EDGE Nick Bosa, DT Ed Oliver, EDGE Clelin Farrell, CB Greedy Williams, and OT/OG Jonah Williams for our first round pick.  

15 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Without Jimmy, we're favorites for #1 pick, right? Who can be as bad as us? How many teams can CJ beat hard? Not many, methinks.

At this point, we're pretty much right back at the same spot we were at this time last year. Our roster hasn't improved by leaps and bounds and we're injured at the key positions we did bring in during the offseason. So I expect us to play a lot like the 1-10 team we were before Jimmy. Just looking at our schedule it's pretty brutal. The only teams I really see us having a chance to beat is the Cards, Giants, and Raiders. I think we'll split our games with the Cardinals, and at this point, the Giants and Raiders are both better teams than us. We might be able to get a win out of one of them since they're both still relatively weak though. So for the rest of the season, we realistically are looking at another 1-2 win.  Now I can't speak for the other bottom tier teams but that should be good enough to land us in the top 3 again and have a shot at Bosa. But will it be enough to get draft position on a team like the Bills, Browns, or Cardinals though? 

11 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I would say the Bills, Jets, Raiders, Cardinals, and maybe Lions, along with us will be making up the top 5 spots.

I'm eying EDGE Nick Bosa, DT Ed Oliver, EDGE Clelin Farrell, CB Greedy Williams, and OT/OG Jonah Williams for our first round pick.  

The lions are better than that. The offense alone will get them 5 wins in my opinion. I don't think we need to be worried about them as real draft pick competition. 

The other three are definitely in that running. I'd say Houston given the start, but I simply can't believe a team with that much talent doesn't find a way to win a handful of games at some poit this year. The Giants are also a team that may be up there. It's going to be a real interesting fight at the top. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

The lions are better than that. The offense alone will get them 5 wins in my opinion. I don't think we need to be worried about them as real draft pick competition. 

The other three are definitely in that running. I'd say Houston given the start, but I simply can't believe a team with that much talent doesn't find a way to win a handful of games at some poit this year. The Giants are also a team that may be up there. It's going to be a real interesting fight at the top. 

Giants, I definitely forgot about them. I included the Lions because of how much they dislike their head coach, so I was thinking a collapse was in their future. I agree that the Lions' talent suggests 5-7 wins. As for the Texans, I guess that's possible but I'd be surprised and disappointed if a team like that is picking in the top 10. In the same vein as the Texans, the Dolphins, Colts, Broncos, and Seahawks are all in that same range of 5-9 wins. 

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I just can't wait to see the scenario where we have like the 2nd or 3rd pick and Bosa is gone and by far the BPA is Oliver. Fans are going to freak out if we go with him lol. 

Haven't watched Greedy play at all, but I'm guessing he is a big risk taking CB????

I get that picking Oliver would appear to be redundant, but from everything I've been reading and hearing about Oliver, he seems to be on the Mario Williams/Aaron Donald level. Pairing him with Buckner would be downright scary. My initial hope is that we get someone on the edge so we can finally kick Thomas to the inside.

Edited by NinerNation21

5 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Count me in the "Don't pick another DL if they aren't an Edge rusher" faction. I'd rather get a dominant G or C at that point. Or even another LB. Foster could be gone at any moment as soft as he is...

If you have a chance at Oliver, you just take him, figure out the rest later. He's a special prospect. J mentioned the Lions and the wide receiver run they had. Remember that the last wide receiver that they picked was Megatron in that run (4 receivers in 5 years). You really can't let past draft picks or past draft errors influence that decision. 

3 minutes ago, StevenK said:

And our luck keeps on getting worse, or do you think we would still pursue?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2797401-nick-bosas-father-ohio-state-de-is-out-until-november-after-major-surgery

This has no effect on the draft whatsoever. Really doesn't change anything unless you're concerned about him being injury prone. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

This has no effect on the draft whatsoever. Really doesn't change anything unless you're concerned about him being injury prone. 

Agreed, I was listening to Matt Miller's podcast, Stick to Football and they were talking about the impact of this injury. It sounds like he can recover from this with enough rest and with him not really needing to prove much else in CFB, he should choose to sit out until late in the season and play a few games before the draft season. Regardless of the injury, I'd still take him in a heartbeat as scouting reports are indicating that he's more athletic and more of a refined pass rusher than his brother O.o

• Like 2