Sign in to follow this  
PapaShogun

2019 Draft Talk

9 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Damn it, @Forge, if Sean McDermott can lead Tyrod Taylor and the Bills to 9 wins, then Kyle Shanahan and Jimmy Garoppolo can damn well get us to 11! Stop using your logic and reason and get on this damn bandwagon already. 

=(

Yeah, I don't want to be the party pooper. Obviously, I'm rooting for 16-0 lol. I'm also trying to just temper my expectations. I'm just a fan of larger sample sizes before clearly committing to one line of thought. I can definitely see that middle ground 7-9 / 8-8 / 9-7, and that's where my expectations lie. But a couple of guys progress, perform better than expected, and I wouldn't be super shocked if we finished 10-6 / 11-5, but it woudln't be expected for me, is all. 

I remember in 2011, people thought we were going to be terrible. Peter King infamously had us with the worst record and winning the suck for luck sweepstakes. There's a legitimate argument to be made that we were the best team in football that year, and obviously we finished as one of the top 4. I still believe that if we beat the giants in that game, we beat the Pats in the superbowl. 

3 hours ago, big9erfan said:

Well if we're talking about JG and Shanny this early then we might think about adding Goff and McVay.

I knew this was going to come up, and I think it's the absolute worst one yet. 2016 Jared Goff is more than enough for me to say this is far more likely an elite coach making the most out of a talented, but not elite QB. I'd be far more inclined to believe in Wentz/Pederson

30 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

I knew this was going to come up, and I think it's the absolute worst one yet. 2016 Jared Goff is more than enough for me to say this is far more likely an elite coach making the most out of a talented, but not elite QB. I'd be far more inclined to believe in Wentz/Pederson

I'm of a similar mindset (Wentz > Goff with Pederson as a very good coach and potentially more), but for some reason, I do think that McVay is a rockstar as a head coach. I think he's going to be a great one (if you don't consider him there already). 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm of a similar mindset (Wentz > Goff with Pederson as a very good coach and potentially more), but for some reason, I do think that McVay is a rockstar as a head coach. I think he's going to be a great one (if you don't consider him there already). 

I do. I think he has every capability to be as elite as Shanahan does. I think that is what saved Goff, and it's why Goff will likely reach his full potential as a good to great QB.