Jump to content
Shylo3716

Early 2019 NFL Mock Draft

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Shylo3716 said:

How do you feel about the picks?

i honestly never heard of Love before but based on the size aspect i dont think he fits our style. we like corners who excel in press  and have long arms. 

i could see us Picking Potentially a QB(but with going to the superbowl obviously bortles didnt flop).

Biggest Needs right now IMO:

1A)Edge Rusher(Ngakoue and smoot are fairly decent but fowler and his 14 Million option is probably gone but i think we could use a true Outside pass rush threat and smoot didnt show a ton of pass rush in his snaps last year.

1B)NT(Dareus could be cut next year for no cap hit along with his Backup Abry Jones as our team is supposedly over the projected cap by 40 million without the Rollover in consideration). 

1C)G(AJ Cann is set to be a FA and reportedly our 4th round pick might be getting a look at Guard in addition to tackle but our 6th OL is set to be a FA so more then likely we will need a RG as i believe our 4th round pick will take over RT as early as next year saving us cap room. 

2) FS Gipson is set to make like 9 million and has a low dead cap hit so potentially getting his Repalcement might allow the team to save some cash. i view Harrison as our replacemant for Barry Church. 

3) RB. Fournette is the only notable RB on our roster under contract for after the season. Yeldon seems like a 3rd down back and Grant is definitely a gadget player and KR.  a guy to backup Fournette would be good. 

 

the biggest reason for some of these needs is we will be needing a Good amount of Cap room as we need to Extend Yannick Ngakoue, Myles Jack and Jalen Ramsey. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shylo3716 said:

How do you feel about the picks?

Tbh i dont know. As of right now i havent scouted much at all. Going CB round 1 makes me wonder if you think we dont sign Ramsey long term 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Tbh i dont know. As of right now i havent scouted much at all. Going CB round 1 makes me wonder if you think we dont sign Ramsey long term 

Ramsey is a lock in my book, but I see Love being added just for depth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shylo3716 said:

Add Jordan Matthews to that list as well to likely not return; he’s a hot potato.

So that leaves Edelman, probably Hogan, Malcolm Mitchell ( :D ), Braxton Berrios, etc. Sounds good enough to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Pats are not going to pick a WR in the 1st round. 3rd round more likely as they have 3 picks there. 1st round I expect a DE. There will be a lot of good ones. 

 

Obviously Belichick will do things nobody expects but as of right for the next draft I think these are our top needs:

1) DE

2) LB

3) QB

4) WR

5) DB

 

Good thing is Pats have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds.

Edited by SBLIII

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

As most teams won't know true needs until after next season I am fairly sure that Edge will be a big need for GB, so not picking one with one of their 1st round picks is disappointing.  We most likely won't retain Matthews and I don't think Biegel is a starter.  that leaves the oft injured Nick Perry as the only other edge player.  Ultimately I hope they package those two picks to move up and take the best one available.  For now, neither S or DT are needs but if Wilkerson doesn't resign and Jones fails to make a jump next year, they could be.  For now if we stay with those two picks I would go OT/OG and Edge.  

The Superbowl win is enough for me though.

Edited by badgers0821

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2. Indianapolis Colts - Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon - Sure with how Josh Allen rose up but if people thought Allen had a bad year last season, Herbert has played like that his entire career.  Still super long ways to go and is surrounded with a lot more talent than Allen ever had, will see how he does without the run game helping him.

4. Kansas City Chiefs - Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State - Way to low for him, he is no doubt top 2 in my book, could maybe go #1 with a great year will see.  

5. New York Jets - Trey Adams, OT, Washington - I like him, had him projected high before but was not impressed with him early last year and now with the injury, long shot he can get back to form, much less be the best OT out there, will see.  

8. Seattle Seahawks - Andraez Williams, CB, LSU - Is the obvious pick for any as the top corner because really is no one else out there at the moment, going to have tons of high expectations though coming into this season similar to McFadden this past year.  

12. Baltimore Ravens - Josh Allen, LB, Kentucky - Is a fine player, best OLB potentially in the draft but still has to take it to the next level this season, at times plays great but has to be far more consistent game in and game out.

14. Chicago Bears - David Edward, OT, Wisconsin - Projection maybe, but still has a long ways to go to become this good of a player.  But that OL on Wisconsin is easily the most talented out there no question.

15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia - Good player but not sure I am ready to call him that good just yet, nice in coverage but has to show more as a tackler I think.

16. Cleveland Browns - Rashan Gary, DE/DT, Michigan - Really doubt he falls this far, kid is going to have a great season I think and be a top 10 if not top 5 guy.  

17. Atlanta Falcons - Beau Benzschawel, OG, Wisconsin - Connor McGovern is way better than him at OG, he still has a lot of work to do and could argue Dietzen his teammate his better at OG, and in no way is he better than Martez Ivey.  

19. Carolina Panthers - Anfernee Jennings, LB, Alabama - Could become an elite talent, but will see if he can put an entire year together and stay healthy for that entire year.

22. San Francisco 49ers - Collin Johnson, WR, Texas - Would have to take huge steps to be picked in the 1st round, honestly not many WRs are worth a 1st round pick based on what they did last season, many will have to greatly improve their games.  Brown and Samuel if he comes back the same off injury are solid potential 1st round guys, the rest still a long ways away.

28. New England Patriots - Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State - Not sold on him at all yet, Victor, Dixon, Hill, McLaurin all are arguably just as good as Campbell is, could see Victor out perform Campbell and arguably has more potential but will see how the season goes.   

29. Los Angeles Rams - Joe Jackson, DE, Miami (FL) - To me there are many DEs better than him out there, he could be picked this high but has to get stronger at the point of attack and be more dominating.  Will be hard this year with Three starters now gone off that roster, really will show just how good Jackson actually is.  

30. Pittsburgh Steelers - Shaquille Quarterman, LB, Miami (FL) - Devin Bush is way better than him I feel, and so are a few other ILBs.  

31. Jacksonville Jaguars - Julian Love, CB, Notre Dame - Not sure I am ready to call him a 1st rounder just yet, still has a long ways to go.

32. Green Bay Packers - Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, S, Florida - In no way is he better than Jaquan Johnson, no way.  Decent player but not sure he is 1st round material.  

 

 

 

This list is lacking all of these guys I think, most have proven a lot more than some of the prospects you listed.   To me guys like Allen, Burns, Bush and potentially McGovern and Beckner are clear 1st round potential talents who have proven with their play for the past few seasons.  Zach Allen is a monster and I would be very surprised to not see him as a 1st round pick.  

 

Brian Burns Florida State OLB JR

 Zach Allen Boston College DE SR

Devin Bush Michigan ILB JR

Caleb Wilson UCLA TE JR

Chase Hansen Utah S RS SR

Connor McGovern Penn State OG JR

Terry Beckner Jr Missouri DT SR

Taylor Rapp Washington S JR

Benny Snell Jr Kentucky RB JR

Martez Ivey Florida OG SR   

Jaylon Ferguson La Tech DE SR

Paddy Fisher Northwestern ILB RS SOPH 

JJ Arcega-Whiteside Stanford WR RS JR

AJ Green Ok State CB JR 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

2. Indianapolis Colts - Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon - Sure with how Josh Allen rose up but if people thought Allen had a bad year last season, Herbert has played like that his entire career.  Still super long ways to go and is surrounded with a lot more talent than Allen ever had, will see how he does without the run game helping him.

4. Kansas City Chiefs - Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State - Way to low for him, he is no doubt top 2 in my book, could maybe go #1 with a great year will see.  

5. New York Jets - Trey Adams, OT, Washington - I like him, had him projected high before but was not impressed with him early last year and now with the injury, long shot he can get back to form, much less be the best OT out there, will see.  

8. Seattle Seahawks - Andraez Williams, CB, LSU - Is the obvious pick for any as the top corner because really is no one else out there at the moment, going to have tons of high expectations though coming into this season similar to McFadden this past year.  

12. Baltimore Ravens - Josh Allen, LB, Kentucky - Is a fine player, best OLB potentially in the draft but still has to take it to the next level this season, at times plays great but has to be far more consistent game in and game out.

14. Chicago Bears - David Edward, OT, Wisconsin - Projection maybe, but still has a long ways to go to become this good of a player.  But that OL on Wisconsin is easily the most talented out there no question.

15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia - Good player but not sure I am ready to call him that good just yet, nice in coverage but has to show more as a tackler I think.

16. Cleveland Browns - Rashan Gary, DE/DT, Michigan - Really doubt he falls this far, kid is going to have a great season I think and be a top 10 if not top 5 guy.  

17. Atlanta Falcons - Beau Benzschawel, OG, Wisconsin - Connor McGovern is way better than him at OG, he still has a lot of work to do and could argue Dietzen his teammate his better at OG, and in no way is he better than Martez Ivey.  

19. Carolina Panthers - Anfernee Jennings, LB, Alabama - Could become an elite talent, but will see if he can put an entire year together and stay healthy for that entire year.

22. San Francisco 49ers - Collin Johnson, WR, Texas - Would have to take huge steps to be picked in the 1st round, honestly not many WRs are worth a 1st round pick based on what they did last season, many will have to greatly improve their games.  Brown and Samuel if he comes back the same off injury are solid potential 1st round guys, the rest still a long ways away.

28. New England Patriots - Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State - Not sold on him at all yet, Victor, Dixon, Hill, McLaurin all are arguably just as good as Campbell is, could see Victor out perform Campbell and arguably has more potential but will see how the season goes.   

29. Los Angeles Rams - Joe Jackson, DE, Miami (FL) - To me there are many DEs better than him out there, he could be picked this high but has to get stronger at the point of attack and be more dominating.  Will be hard this year with Three starters now gone off that roster, really will show just how good Jackson actually is.  

30. Pittsburgh Steelers - Shaquille Quarterman, LB, Miami (FL) - Devin Bush is way better than him I feel, and so are a few other ILBs.  

31. Jacksonville Jaguars - Julian Love, CB, Notre Dame - Not sure I am ready to call him a 1st rounder just yet, still has a long ways to go.

32. Green Bay Packers - Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, S, Florida - In no way is he better than Jaquan Johnson, no way.  Decent player but not sure he is 1st round material.  

 

 

 

This list is lacking all of these guys I think, most have proven a lot more than some of the prospects you listed.   To me guys like Allen, Burns, Bush and potentially McGovern and Beckner are clear 1st round potential talents who have proven with their play for the past few seasons.  Zach Allen is a monster and I would be very surprised to not see him as a 1st round pick.  

 

Brian Burns Florida State OLB JR

 Zach Allen Boston College DE SR

Devin Bush Michigan ILB JR

Caleb Wilson UCLA TE JR

Chase Hansen Utah S RS SR

Connor McGovern Penn State OG JR

Terry Beckner Jr Missouri DT SR

Taylor Rapp Washington S JR

Benny Snell Jr Kentucky RB JR

Martez Ivey Florida OG SR   

Jaylon Ferguson La Tech DE SR

Paddy Fisher Northwestern ILB RS SOPH 

JJ Arcega-Whiteside Stanford WR RS JR

AJ Green Ok State CB JR 

 

 

 

 

i do think sometimes teams will "reach" on a guy who checks their boxs over media boards. i know the jags would likely take the Wisconsin guard over Ivey and McGovern because we seem to like bigger OL. granted richardson doesnt weight much but i think a year into the nfl system should get him up in weight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

i do think sometimes teams will "reach" on a guy who checks their boxs over media boards. i know the jags would likely take the Wisconsin guard over Ivey and McGovern because we seem to like bigger OL. granted richardson doesnt weight much but i think a year into the nfl system should get him up in weight. 

Beau Benzschawel is not that big of a player and again I think Dietzen is better than him and Ivey I know is better than him as well as McGovern.  But based on that logic why was Shamire Devine not drafted, some had him listed at 6-7 380, or Cody O'Connell 6-9 363 and both played guard.  Devine especially, that kid could move some people and played in a triple option offense so did not have much of a chance to develop in pass pro but still, worth being picked up I think but was not.

 

20 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Is Gary a DE or 3-tech?

I think he could play DE in a 4/3, DE maybe in a 3/4 or potentially a DT spot but only in pass rush situations.   I do think he is best on the edge in a natural 4/3 DE spot though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Beau Benzschawel is not that big of a player and again I think Dietzen is better than him and Ivey I know is better than him as well as McGovern.  But based on that logic why was Shamire Devine not drafted, some had him listed at 6-7 380, or Cody O'Connell 6-9 363 and both played guard.  Devine especially, that kid could move some people and played in a triple option offense so did not have much of a chance to develop in pass pro but still, worth being picked up I think but was not.

 

I think he could play DE in a 4/3, DE maybe in a 3/4 or potentially a DT spot but only in pass rush situations.   I do think he is best on the edge in a natural 4/3 DE spot though.  

beau is a good 315 atleast and could easily get up to 325-330 range where they like the guards at.  

i know i would have brought both into rookie minicamp if i was the jags.  we need to be looking for a Longer-term right guard. 

im pretty certain not many Guards declare early so thats probably why he didnt include McGovern and Dietzen both who are going to be juniors.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Beau Benzschawel is not that big of a player and again I think Dietzen is better than him and Ivey I know is better than him as well as McGovern.  But based on that logic why was Shamire Devine not drafted, some had him listed at 6-7 380, or Cody O'Connell 6-9 363 and both played guard.  Devine especially, that kid could move some people and played in a triple option offense so did not have much of a chance to develop in pass pro but still, worth being picked up I think but was not.

 

Did you really just say you think Dietzen is better than Benzschawel?  Is that a joke?  I'm not familiar with those other players but Benz is a consensus all-american and will most likely be one of the top 3 OG in the draft as things sit now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

2. Indianapolis Colts - Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon - Sure with how Josh Allen rose up but if people thought Allen had a bad year last season, Herbert has played like that his entire career.  Still super long ways to go and is surrounded with a lot more talent than Allen ever had, will see how he does without the run game helping him.

And where is this coming from?  Herbert completed 67% of his passes last year.  his main issue is staying healthy, when he is in there he is ,more than efficient.  "His entire career"... he's played all of 2 seasons and put up much better numbers than Allen.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, badgers0821 said:

And where is this coming from?  Herbert completed 67% of his passes last year.  his main issue is staying healthy, when he is in there he is ,more than efficient.  "His entire career"... he's played all of 2 seasons and put up much better numbers than Allen.  

Maybe it is an injury issue and not being out there for Herbert but the kid is not this amazing passer over a long period of time and has yet to show that.  He has these great games then others where it is like what the hell is that?  Sure this past year Josh Allen did not play well granted, but as a sophomore he had 3200+ passing and 28 TDs and what he showed that year got him drafted so high.   Herbert has never accomplished that yet, maybe will this year, but again is surrounded by much more talent on Oregon.  Will see if he can do it this year, Josh Allen made some impressive throws on the move over his career, Herbert can do that but not quite as well.  Still is the big tall athletic QB with a strong arm though that people love, but honestly I do not think his arm is as strong as Allen's arm.  

 

 

33 minutes ago, badgers0821 said:

Did you really just say you think Dietzen is better than Benzschawel?  Is that a joke?  I'm not familiar with those other players but Benz is a consensus all-american and will most likely be one of the top 3 OG in the draft as things sit now.

I have never been wildly impressed with Beau Benzschawel, sure people can say they have multiple college All Americans on that OL and yes they are easily the best OL and most talented group in the nation coming into next season.  But I have been more impressed with some other guys on that line, Dietzen I like his power that he shows and has a nice nasty side to him.  Dieter I am not a big fan of his and he was 1st team All Big Ten this past year like Benzschawel, so what got to put someone there.  Jamarco Jones was 1st team All Big Ten as well, does not mean he is a 1st round NFL talent this past year.  

 

Edwards has more upside then Dieter I feel but will see how they all play this next year, and honestly they could all be a little overrated because of how Taylor might make them look better than they actually are.  Will see how they do with these super high expectations this next year as a team when the past two seasons, especially two years ago they were not expected to do a lot and wildly exceeded expectations.  
 

Does benefit Benzschawel if he does have a good year the fact that this OG group is not super strong in 2019 Draft but will see, and has good length which helps.  Martez Ivey has been playing OT but as a OG two years ago kid was very impressive I thought, not as much when moved to tackle.  Nate Herbig is a big strong kid who I like a lot as well, Michael Jordan I would take over Benzschawel as a prospect but Jordan is not a 1st round prospect either.  Chris Brown has some ability at OG, nice quickness and is nasty but needs to get a little stronger and does not have the best build.  Ross Pierschbacher is a solid OG and should have a great season, nice 2nd or 3rd rounder maybe, will see if Jonathan Alvarez can get back to form, really liked him two years ago and Marcus Keyes has some athletic potential and will see how he does.  Patrick Vahe I liked a lot before last season but kind of came back down to earth, has good athletic ability though, Lukayus McNeil has great length as well but needs to show some more. But yeah not a great group of OG to his benefit possibly.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×