The Nebraska Cornhuskers Thread - Frosty the Ball Coach!

fretgod99

• 3 weeks later...

Ah, Glad I didn't have to make the thread.

People are going crazy over the Bookie picture with the FLA hat. But there isn't any reason to really panic yet.

In other news practice notes for today came out.

Apparently Tyjon is already standing out. He's posted tons of hype videos on his twitter about his return from injury and everything they've said so far seems to make me believe he's as advertised. Could see some major time this year.

• 2 weeks later...

On 7/30/2017 at 8:03 PM, Supersuavesky said:

People are going crazy over the Bookie picture with the FLA hat. But there isn't any reason to really panic yet.

Any panicking yet? He seems to be very pro-Florida this past week, and he's only tweeted about Nebraska once (I think, I don't have twitter but that's the word). Would hate to lose him.

4 hours ago, RedRider said:

Any panicking yet? He seems to be very pro-Florida this past week, and he's only tweeted about Nebraska once (I think, I don't have twitter but that's the word). Would hate to lose him.

He retweeted Nebraska just today. As long as they can hold him until December we'll be fine. Tyjon's play will only help.

• 1 month later...

PFF (Who I rarely pay attention to) Rated Deontre Thomas as one of the top performing freshman for the second week in a row. You can barely tell the difference between him and Stoltenberg which is damn impressive considering One is a 300+ Junior while the other is a 280 pound true freshman. If he's healthy for his time at NEB our NT for the next few years won't be a problem. Which is, obviously, huge for a new 3-4 Scheme. NT was the position I was most worried about.

It's brutal. Lee has thrown a boatload of picks. He hasn't looked great. But it ain't entirely his fault. Hard to hit a target when you get blasted in the chest while throwing. Hard to say it was a bad decision when the pass literally bounces off your receiver's facemask, after going between his hands. Hard to be effective when you're constantly running for your life.

I don't think I've ever seen NU's line play this poorly. I'm honestly not sure why it's this bad. I expect growing pains on defense; that happens when you change systems.

1 hour ago, Supersuavesky said:

Didn't see it coming that fast. Heat is on for Reily. 

It is. I'm not a huge fan of how things are going with Riley right now, but I also don't know how excited I'd be by firing him this year, either. After the huge debacle we had with Solich getting fired after 9-3, dumb-lucking into Callahan (who was awful) after an embarrassing search, firing Pelini after 9-3 and other assorted embarrassments, and the embarrassing search that lead to Riley getting hired, the last thing this program needs is another ridiculous coaching search, especially this soon.

Not at all comfortable with how any of this is playing out, to be honest.

On 9/22/2017 at 1:28 PM, LuckyNumber11 said:

I just really hate the timing of the Eichorst fire. Makes Riley look like a lame duck coach, and it's pretty damn hard to recruit with that. Would've rather just let his contract run out in December

It kills us. Because this recruiting class was shaping up to be great.