The Nebraska Cornhuskers Thread - Frosty the Ball Coach!

fretgod99

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, fretgod99 said:

It becomes more obvious each week how much of a hole Riley dug with this program.

It amazes me how many people around here (edit: Nebraska, not FF) thought the Huskers would be a one year turnaround because Frost would be great. This was always going to be a, it gets worse before it gets better, situation IMO.

16 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

It amazes me how many people around here (edit: Nebraska, not FF) thought the Huskers would be a one year turnaround because Frost would be great. This was always going to be a, it gets worse before it gets better, situation IMO.

I got so tired of the “We’re gonna win [whatever] championship”/“I bet this time next year...” stuff. Like, I’m excited, it was a great hire, I think he’ll make substantial changes, etc. But we ain’t (likely) playing for anything significant any time soon. Year 3-4? Maybe. And by that I mean win the division and maybe have a puncher’s chance for the conference. And that’s if things go particularly well pretty quickly. I’m just looking to not get embarrassed every time we play someone decent in the meantime.

The culture shift from Riley to Frost appears to be pretty massive, though. It’ll take time, but I’m still excited.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Supersuavesky said:

Frost is done. He's just tired of losing.

I think it’s less tired of losing and more tired of the way they’re losing. Dumb penalties and preventable mistakes. It has to be infuriating for a coach.

He made some pretty strong statements calling out the team to basically figure out how to hold each other accountable. Sounds like there’s still quite a bit of dgaf-itis that carried over from Riley.