Who plays MLB this year

Lambert44

Who will start in Shazier's place this year?

You hear it all the time in football "stop the run" - we did not do a good job of that last year even when Shazier was still playing!

Free agency is basically gone, the draft is over and I still have no confidence in our defense. Rooney's post season recap,

he was not happy with the Steelers defense, what have we done to improve it??? Added a couple of free agent band aids.....

Any thoughts?

12 minutes ago, Armsteeld2 said:

Starters will more than likely be Jon Bostic and Vince Williams.  Matakevich will probably be a backup along with a rookie.  Passing downs, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Steelers roll with Safeties for their MLBs.

Yep, which offers almost no coverage ability. I don't follow Bostic much but I don't think he's known for sideline to sideline athleticism. Obviously VW doesn't either. As up in the air the FS is, I actually feel like ILB is the biggest weakness. No coverage or sideline to sideline ability. 

35 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Yep, which offers almost no coverage ability. I don't follow Bostic much but I don't think he's known for sideline to sideline athleticism. Obviously VW doesn't either. As up in the air the FS is, I actually feel like ILB is the biggest weakness. No coverage or sideline to sideline ability. 

Bostic is a lot more athletic than people credit him for. He's not Shazier but he's quick enough to stop the outside runs. 

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Bostic is a lot more athletic than people credit him for. He's not Shazier but he's quick enough to stop the outside runs. 

Ok, limited viewing for me but I recall him lacking quickness/burst. FWIW: I think we will be less of a liability than VW but that's not saying much. 

I'm gonna go with Edmunds/Allen as one ILB and Bostic/Williams as the other.

Basically going base with:

Tuitt-Hargrave-Hayward

Dupree-Bostic-Williams-Watt

"Big Nickle" with:

Tuitt-Hargrave-Hayward

Dupree-Bostic-Edmunds-Watt

2-4 Big Nickle with:

Tuitt-Hayward

Dupree-Bostic-Allen-Watt

Haden-Burnett-Davis-Edmunds-Burns

24 minutes ago, warfelg said:

2-4 Big Nickle with:

Tuitt-Hayward

Dupree-Bostic-Allen-Watt

Haden-Burnett-Davis-Edmunds-Burns

I think Adams MIGHT replace Allen there.  I also can see Davis sitting for Hilton unless you see that as a dime

4 minutes ago, Blitzburgh said:

My dream would be cut Wilcox now and sign Bowman.  However,  the Steelers are probably happy with Bostic.

Bowman is a Raider.  Unless we can kidnap him and do a name and face change ( or a trade) I think he is not going to be a Steeler.

4 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Bowman is a Raider.  Unless we can kidnap him and do a name and face change ( or a trade) I think he is not going to be a Steeler.

I agree.  I also think that there's a chance though that JJ Wilcox, Fitzgerald Touissant, and either DHB or Justin Hunter  could be cut casualites.

For all those saying Bostic is a poor athlete or that he can’t go sideline to sideline, you must didn’t watch him at Florida.  He was a monster in the middle of the field.  Is he athletic?  You tell me.

Height: 6007
Weight: 245
40 Yrd Dash: 4.61
20 Yrd Dash: 2.67
10 Yrd Dash: 1.59
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 22
Vertical Jump: 32 1/2
Broad Jump: 09'10"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.24
3-Cone Drill: 6.99

The Raiders had to cut (cap casualty) Bowman he is available.

If Bostic is all that why did he last so long as a free agent and at a low price?

Not saying he is a bad player, he is just a stop gap until we find someone, nothing more

Archived