Who plays MLB this year

Lambert44

12 hours ago, 3rivers said:

do we have any cap space to sign a vet like Bowman?

Don't see how he would have been a good signing really. 

Bowman was a really good Mack when pairing with a potential HOFer Patrick Willis. When he doesn't have a good Buck, he doesn't show up on the sheet or make impact plays much as we would like. Bostic however, have shown the ability to make seldom splash plays with awful Buck, so I'm more interested in seeing how Bostic can play on a much better defensive squad (even though it's not by much). 

14 hours ago, Alex said:

Don't see how he would have been a good signing really. 

Bowman was a really good Mack when pairing with a potential HOFer Patrick Willis. When he doesn't have a good Buck, he doesn't show up on the sheet or make impact plays much as we would like. Bostic however, have shown the ability to make seldom splash plays with awful Buck, so I'm more interested in seeing how Bostic can play on a much better defensive squad (even though it's not by much). 

good to read this, I hope you're right about this AlexB|

The thing about Bowman is, and this was true for anyone who might be a PSU Fan and payed close enough attention, he has always been a part of a really good tandem.  The key word there being tandem.  As stated above, he offered a different skill set than Patrick Willis, together they were almost the perfect ILB duo.  After Willis retired, he wasn't the same and after the injury it was even worse.  He was good, but wasn't the same kind of great in Oakland.  Here, we just have too much instability for Bowman, I'm not sure that he'd succeed here.

I'd say that there's a reasonable chance given that he received a 3 year contract that Matthew Thomas does indeed make the final 53.  Having said that, I have a strong feeling he will finish the season as a starter despite not having began the season as such.

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I'd say that there's a reasonable chance given that he received a 3 year contract that Matthew Thomas does indeed make the final 53.  Having said that, I have a strong feeling he will finish the season as a starter despite not having began the season as such.

I hate to rain on your parade but all the UDFA’s received 3 year deals.

On 5/19/2018 at 11:28 AM, 3rivers said:

do we have any cap space to sign a vet like Bowman?

I have no idea what our cap situation is currently. I a sure that they have room for the rookies to be signed.  I do believe tat they could free up money by converting another portion salary to bonus and potential June 1 cuts as well.

I don't think Bowman would cost and arm and a leg in salary.

1 hour ago, Steelers22 said:

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/376306/Eagles-release-starting-LB-Mychal-Kendricks-

Kendricks just got released by the eagles.  Chances Steelers take a look at him?

1 hour ago, Steelers22 said:

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/376306/Eagles-release-starting-LB-Mychal-Kendricks-

Kendricks just got released by the eagles.  Chances Steelers take a look at him?

Steelers brought him in for pre draft visit coming out of college......good chance they still have interest in him.

Archived