Baker Mayfield: League Perception

FGK

49 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

That quote is galling. So he spent the entire year watching the tape, the most important part. And having Darnold 1.

Then changed it after meeting Baker in person.

Trust your eyes. Not your ears.

He’s also not the GM.

Dorsey, Scotch, etc all liked Mayfield from the beginning.

Just now, NateDawg said:

Only way it would be better is if a graphics expert could change the faces to players/Hueball/etc.

This x1000.

Obviously Hueball becomes the head rat, with Wolf, Elliott, and Dorsey following right behind.

58 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

That quote is galling. So he spent the entire year watching the tape, the most important part. And having Darnold 1.

Then changed it after meeting Baker in person.

Trust your eyes. Not your ears.

have you ever hired someone?
ivy league nerds with grating personalities that have no leadership qualities may not make the best CEOs.  or Defense Secretaries (Robert MacNamara).
If you dont let the interviews and mental aspects of the game influence your decision, thats how you end up with Justin Gilbert, Johnny Manziel.  (they didnt listen to them or even talk to one of them).

2 minutes ago, mistakey said:

ivy league nerds with grating personalities that have no leadership qualities may not make the best CEOs.  or Defense Secretaries (Robert MacNamara).

As a history teacher who teaches about the Cold War/Kennedy years, I applaud this and laugh heartily!

giphy.gif

History jokes are the best.

5 minutes ago, mistakey said:

have you ever hired someone?
If you dont let the interviews and mental aspects of the game influence your decision, thats how you end up with Justin Gilbert, Johnny Manziel.  (they didnt listen to them or even talk to one of them).

I’m going off on a tangent, but was Justin Gilbert the worst draft pick we ever made? I’m talking in terms of just sucking ***. He barely played and when he did, he got torched.

At least our other 10,000 scrubs did something at some point.

Just now, candyman93 said:

I’m going off on a tangent, but was Justin Gilbert the worst draft pick we ever made? I’m talking in terms of just sucking ***. He barely played and when he did, he got torched.

Hard to believe given how much of an useless turd he was, but he actually got a pick six once.

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

For value yes. I still say David Veikune is absolutely in the discussion.

21 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

For value yes. I still say David Veikune is absolutely in the discussion.

i mean just imagine if we actually listened to the hawaii kid who hated the cold or met with the kid with no work ethic and attitude problems

Archived