Boston Celtics vs Philadelphia Sixers - The Process Needs Refinement

resilient part 2

55 minutes ago, showtime said:

Nope.  If the Celtics were healthy, then I think they would have a good chance to make it to the Finals.  But beating the Warriors?  That's an entirely different monster.  A healthy Celtics team probably has the best chance out of any team, but that chance is still pretty low because the Warriors are that great.

Keywords: "best shot at upsetting". With either Hayward or Irving they easily should be the favorites in the East and prob are better than everyone in the West not named the Warriors. Anybody who goes up against the Warriors is the underdog. But to me what the Cavs did 2 years ago was Lebron's miracle. They shouldn't have won then. They are weaker now. 

11 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Keywords: "best shot at upsetting". With either Hayward or Irving they easily should be the favorites in the East and prob are better than everyone in the West not named the Warriors. Anybody who goes up against the Warriors is the underdog. But to me what the Cavs did 2 years ago was Lebron's miracle. They shouldn't have won then. They are weaker now. 

The Warriors are better than they were two years ago, not weaker.  What?

28 minutes ago, showtime said:

The Warriors are better than they were two years ago, not weaker.  What?

The Cavs.... aren't better. And since the Cavs would be the only competition to being the best chance to beat the Warriors, that's relevant to the discussion.

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

The Cavs.... aren't better. And since the Cavs would be the only competition to being the best chance to beat the Warriors, that's relevant to the discussion.

I already said the Celtics would have a pretty good shot at beating the Cavs.

Just now, showtime said:

I already said the Celtics would have a pretty good shot at beating the Cavs.

Yes and this discussion happened because you mistook 

"best shot at upsetting the Warriors" into would beat the Warriors. 

and mistook "worse than two years ago" to mean the Warriors instead of the Cavs. 

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

Yes and this discussion happened because you mistook 

"best shot at upsetting the Warriors" into would beat the Warriors. 

and mistook "worse than two years ago" to mean the Warriors instead of the Cavs. 

Yea, I said both.  I said the Celtics would probably have the best shot at beating the Warriors of any team in the league, but that they probably wouldn't actually be able to beat them.

24 minutes ago, showtime said:

Yea, I said both.  I said the Celtics would probably have the best shot at beating the Warriors of any team in the league, but that they probably wouldn't actually be able to beat them.

But that's what I was saying when you question me on it.....

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Cavs have the best chance of beating the Warriors. But they won't.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

They won't. I really think this is the weakest iteration of the Cavs in the last 4 years and they had no shot last year imo. The one time they won they were probably at their strongest and they were lucky to get it done that year

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

With Kevin Love FINALLY being used in the post like he was in Minnesota I can see this. Otherwise, no other team plays the Warriors better in the NBA than the Celtics.

On 5/3/2018 at 11:18 PM, Troy Brown said:

bud i will give you one chance and one chance only to accept what has happened here 

Yea, I was waaaaaaay wrong. Smh. Now I have to root for stupid Boston to beat Cleveland.

22 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

@RollEagles Unrealistic three team trade this off season that none of these teams would want to trade their guy, (right?):

Celtics get Lauri Markkanen, TJ McConnell

6ers get Kyrie Irving, Marcus Morris, 2018 Lakers 1st pick (2-5 overall) OR 2019 Sixers 1st pick conveyance back from Celtics and 2019 Clippers 1st pick conveyance

Bulls get Ben Simmons, Robert Covington

Then LeBron opts out of Cleveland and signs with Philly.

Irving/Fultz

Reddick/Belinelli

James/Saric

Morris/Ilyasova

Embiid/Johnson/Holmes

This might be the dumbest trade scenario I've ever seen.

Archived