Boston Celtics vs Philadelphia Sixers - The Process Needs Refinement

resilient part 2

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

I have no sympathy for west coast sports times. 

Hater........But we do have it good no doubt.

I actually don't mind how they set it up where the Eastern and Western conference games take place on the same day. If the favorites handle business the next two days, then every team will have equal amount of time off before the next round.

But Philly is winning today!!! 76ers in 7!!! 

17 hours ago, lancerman said:

Yeah I don't see why Boston would make that trade. You get nothing for shipping a superstar out....

Lauri Markkanen is on his way to becoming an upper echelon big for years to come. No injury concerns like there are with Kyrie's degenerative knee comdition. Lauri is younger, fits the mold of a Brad Stevens big - can handle well and shoot lights out, athletic enough to execute his defensive concepts and already demonstrats an understanding of how to space the floor consistently. Top it all off, Markkanen is a high effort and high character guy. With Kyrie and his body already having several years of NBA milage, I'd say we are looking at about a four year prime left on his career if we're being optimistic. By age 30, the Celtics will likely have a team option and the two sides will part ways after having spent over $150 million. With Markkanen, you've got a big to help rebound and shoot as well as, or better than Jayson Tatum. With a big three of Jaylen Brown, Jayon Tatum, and Lauri Markkanen, the Celtics will be golden for nearly twice the length of time as with Kyrie on the team at half the cost due to all their rookie salaries for the next three years each, (minus one year for Brown). You've already got distributors and veterans on the team in place of Kyrie with Marcus Smart, Terry Rozier and don't forget Gordon Hayward, obviously. Would I trade Kyrie straight up for Markkanen? To me the better question is why wouldn't I make that trade. Yes, in the next two seasons Kyrie is going to be a top 15 player. My conservative estimate on Markkenen however is that he is going to play a less talent-saturated position in the NBA, (center/power forward), but be a top 50 player for the next two seasons and likely a top 30 player for eight or so seasons after that. I don't think the Bulls would be interested in a trade of Kyrie straight up for Markkanen because of Irving's knee history and player option in 2019. Sure, Kyrie seems to want to stay in Boston now, but if he were moved to his third team in two years then I have doubts that he'd automatically re-sign in Chicago long-term.

@1ForTheThumb

26 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Lauri Markkanen is on his way to becoming an upper echelon big for years to come. No injury concerns like there are with Kyrie's degenerative knee comdition. Lauri is younger, fits the mold of a Brad Stevens big - can handle well and shoot lights out, athletic enough to execute his defensive concepts and already demonstrats an understanding of how to space the floor consistently. Top it all off, Markkanen is a high effort and high character guy. With Kyrie and his body already having several years of NBA milage, I'd say we are looking at about a four year prime left on his career if we're being optimistic. By age 30, the Celtics will likely have a team option and the two sides will part ways after having spent over $150 million. With Markkanen, you've got a big to help rebound and shoot as well as, or better than Jayson Tatum. With a big three of Jaylen Brown, Jayon Tatum, and Lauri Markkanen, the Celtics will be golden for nearly twice the length of time as with Kyrie on the team at half the cost due to all their rookie salaries for the next three years each, (minus one year for Brown). You've already got distributors and veterans on the team in place of Kyrie with Marcus Smart, Terry Rozier and don't forget Gordon Hayward, obviously. Would I trade Kyrie straight up for Markkanen? To me the better question is why wouldn't I make that trade. Yes, in the next two seasons Kyrie is going to be a top 15 player. My conservative estimate on Markkenen however is that he is going to play a less talent-saturated position in the NBA, (center/power forward), but be a top 50 player for the next two seasons and likely a top 30 player for eight or so seasons after that. I don't think the Bulls would be interested in a trade of Kyrie straight up for Markkanen because of Irving's knee history and player option in 2019. Sure, Kyrie seems to want to stay in Boston now, but if he were moved to his third team in two years then I have doubts that he'd automatically re-sign in Chicago long-term.

@1ForTheThumb

I don't agree with you, but I do like your conviction. And there is some logic. 

6 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I actually don't mind how they set it up where the Eastern and Western conference games take place on the same day. If the favorites handle business the next two days, then every team will have equal amount of time off before the next round.

Yeah I just think another team would give a bigger return for Kyrie so it doesn’t make sense. Celtics are giving up the most valuable asset and getting the most underwhelming return in this. 

6 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nah mang I was in big sur a few years ago and I walked into a bar at like 430 and providence was playing and I got real drunk. I prefer late times for sports. I don't think I could ever adjust to sports on west coast time and I've been giving thought to moving to zona

10 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Yeah I just think another team would give a bigger return for Kyrie so it doesn’t make sense. Celtics are giving up the most valuable asset and getting the most underwhelming return in this. 

I assume you meant to quote my post.

Just now, Troy Brown said:

as someone who was high on lauri and thinks he'll be very good, you're out of your mind with trade scenario

As said, take the first round picks out of it because I put those in directly to appease the 6ers fans interest for the sake of discussing a Simmons move. By effectively ending "the process" with Simmons, I overcompensated one team in the trade to combat the potential loss of attention on improving their team. Sure, you can tweak it so the Celtics get maybe a Bulls first round pick too at some point either this year or next. The Bulls could be content to get Simmons I suppose and give up their first and Markkanen.

So, revised:

Bulls: Ben Simmons, Robert Covington

C's: Lauri Markanen, TJ McConnell, Bulls 1st Round Pick

6ers: Kyrie Irving, Marcus Morris, (sign LeBron James in FA)

54 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Bulls: Ben Simmons, Robert Covington

C's: Lauri Markanen, TJ McConnell, Bulls 1st Round Pick

6ers: Kyrie Irving, Marcus Morris, (sign LeBron James in FA)

If the 76ers would trade Simmons for Kyrie, why wouldn't you just take Simmons?

Archived