Sign in to follow this  
bosko1616

2019 Early Mock Drafts

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

I'm hanging up my internet scouting cleats for good... this draft took my final energy and fandom spirit out of me... there's no reason to watch players film anymore imo....

We passed on the consensus top 2 players in this draft in Bradley Chubb and Saquon Barkley.

Even worse... we passed on the consensus top QB phenoms Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen...

I'm done.. I'm just going to show up to next year's draft oblivious to all the prospects except what I hear through the college football season...

Kind of like you not posting in here until the draft? :P

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

Kind of like you not posting in here until the draft? :P

LOL...nah man... this one's different we passed on the top 3 players in the draft imo... and didn't go with any late round gems I scouted... the thing behind my motivation to scout stuff was that eventually the Browns were gonna get it right eventually with a draft with 2, 1st rounds and 3, 2nd round picks...

This draft took the last bit of desire for this thing out of me... I'm serious this time..  .... I think

8 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

LOL...nah man... this one's different we passed on the top 3 players in the draft imo... and didn't go with any late round gems I scouted... the thing behind my motivation to scout stuff was that eventually the Browns were gonna get it right eventually with a draft with 2, 1st rounds and 3, 2nd round picks...

This draft took the last bit of desire for this thing out of me... I'm serious this time..  .... I think

Eh you’ll be back. I can’t lie I had some anger that I spent all that time I did watching Darnold to realize he’s the perfect qb for us to draft, and it was all for not. So I feel you. But this is a great hobby and I love it and will continue to do it. So will you 😎

41 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Eh you’ll be back. I can’t lie I had some anger that I spent all that time I did watching Darnold to realize he’s the perfect qb for us to draft, and it was all for not. So I feel you. But this is a great hobby and I love it and will continue to do it. So will you 😎

We shall see man... maybe you're right.. maybe in like 6 months I''ll feel different

Wasn't sure where to post this, but I saw over in the Broncos forum, talk about possible change to Oakland's FO. Sounds like Chucky's ego is wanting to take over personnel decisions.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/oakland-raiders-nfl-draft-scouting-jon-gruden-reggie-mckenzie/ywqky8ucqml01q67rff78bziv

According to Alex Marvez, Joey Clinkscales, their Director of player personnel, is leaving Oakland for Cleveland. 

If the power struggle sends Reggie McKenzie out the door, I wonder if he could end up making the same move to Cleveland, even as a short term rest stop til another GM job.

Just something to chew on. Could our FO keep getting better?? Awesome thought.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Mind Character said:

I'm hanging up my internet scouting cleats for good... this draft took my final energy and fandom spirit out of me... there's no reason to watch players film anymore imo....

We passed on the consensus top 2 players in this draft in Bradley Chubb and Saquon Barkley.

Even worse... we passed on the consensus top QB phenoms Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen...

I'm done.. I'm just going to show up to next year's draft oblivious to all the prospects except what I hear through the college football season...

My sentiments as well.

Gave me perspective on how far away we are from being relevant at a high level.

And on that note...

Edited by bruceb

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Keylargobrownie said:

Honestly, compared to the last few years, this team doesn't have many holes. Our secondary was horrendous last, our wrs were a joke. Both those areas have been vastly improved. Kizer was just plain awful, putrid, terrible, even if Baker gets a full red shirt season (which I doubt) the qb position is infinitely better. The dline is young and will only get better, and Shelton while a amazing runstopper will be addition by subtraction in the pass rush Dept.(I think ogunjobi will break out this season). The oline doesnt have Thomas anymore, but we also don't have any cam Irving revolving door types on the oline. 

Point is we may just be selecting BPA come this time next year. Which this early on would be a dl 

Where on Key Largo are you at? I lived there about a year ago at MM98. I loved it and was there almost 3 years. I now live near Orlando and grew up in Jupiter (but born in Cleveland obviously, moved to FL when I was about 7, 31 years ago). Sorry for the life story just wondering about the Keys lol. How did you do in the Hurricane? 

Edited by buckeyesNut0623

Chubb next year would be at highest the 5th defensive lineman picked

at the HIGHEST

Oliver Bosa Davis Gary all go ahead of Chubb 

12 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

Wasn't sure where to post this, but I saw over in the Broncos forum, talk about possible change to Oakland's FO. Sounds like Chucky's ego is wanting to take over personnel decisions.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/oakland-raiders-nfl-draft-scouting-jon-gruden-reggie-mckenzie/ywqky8ucqml01q67rff78bziv

According to Alex Marvez, Joey Clinkscales, their Director of player personnel, is leaving Oakland for Cleveland. 

If the power struggle sends Reggie McKenzie out the door, I wonder if he could end up making the same move to Cleveland, even as a short term rest stop til another GM job.

Just something to chew on. Could our FO keep getting better?? Awesome thought.

We can use all the help we can get.

Posted (edited)

Looking at Dorsey’s history, expect to draft CBs and O-line every single year.

Maybe a mid round QB.

Edited by candyman93

13 hours ago, Mind Character said:

No we took the #3 player in Ward :D

11 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

No we took the #3 player in Ward :D

That is true, most had it Barkley Chubb then either ward or Fitzpatrick. And I don't remember seeing anywhere that he wasn't rated as the #1 cb. 

12 minutes ago, Keylargobrownie said:

That is true, most had it Barkley Chubb then either ward or Fitzpatrick. And I don't remember seeing anywhere that he wasn't rated as the #1 cb. 

Which is absolutely insane. Chubb and Fitzpatrick are 2nd tier players.

17 hours ago, Mind Character said:

When it's all said and done Dexter Lawrence will be the Derwin James of the draft where people hear his name buzzing and have him going top 5 but he'll go much later, but people that watch the tape realize that 1. He's a 34 DE, and 2. His athleticism is non-existent... he'll have some of the worst athletic testing numbers in the draft for a DLineman ,,, To me, Lawrence won't even go until the second round...

The clear number 1 player in the draft and number 1 DT in the draft is Raekwon Davis, DT Alabama........ he's lightyears better than Ed Oliver and Rashan Gary...

Davis is a massive Aaron Darnold, Suh hybrid... he'll be the best DT in the league in 3 years...

What does being a 5 tech have to do with anything? That’s a premium position.