Sign in to follow this  
bosko1616

2019 Early Mock Drafts

22 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

He's a 43 DT or a 43 DE... He's just so athletic... he's more finesse right now than a combat artists so he might be better as a DE... he's definitely not a 5-tech DE in the 34....

I go back and forth... a lot depends on this season...

I think the best comparison when he comes out will be a more athletic, less powerful Mario Williams...

It makes no sense for a man that big to move like that... it's unlike I've ever seen... he might seriously run below 4.55...

If we somehow trade up or are in range for Bosa,Oliver,Ferrell,Gary, or Davis well all forget about Chubb who’s not even in their stratosphere 

4 hours ago, Mind Character said:

@MSURacerDT55 I think Raekwon, Gary, and Oliver all go top 5.

I only watched 5 games of Oliver and Gary and more games of Davis so maybe I'm biased..... and that's all I'm going to watch... I still see Davis as having better length better power, the superior hand fighter/technician, has a hotter running motor compared to Oliver. I think Gary is the best athlete to play the position in quite some time (he'll probably be used as DE when it's all said and done). Oliver's strength are that he's one of the most fluid athletes and plays with the best eyes and shedding that I've seen in the 8 years that I've been watching film seriously... he can get bullied sometimes in the run though.

I came to understand Davis' game when I started watching Da'Ron Payne's film... Davis jumped off the film more so than Payne did, but I had Payne as a top 15 talent.

I still see them ranked like this... maybe I'm wrong and you're right...it will be interesting to see how it shakes out...

Nah bro, we're speaking the same language, if Davis were eligible this year I think he would have been the best DT better than Vea because he is good vs the run and is a really good interior pass rusher. The crazy thing is, there are literally like 5-6 other guys in 2019 that you can make the same argument for.

Just draft BPA. Other than LT we have the most important positions in football locked up. Going forward it’s just about establishing an identity.

9 hours ago, Mind Character said:

With, terrible athleticism numbers... Lawrence could fall down into the 2nd.

I disagree with this, no he isn't the athlete people try to hype him up to but that doesn't make him less of an impact player. That big fella has a motor, he reminds me of Shaun Rogers who was a stud. Well Rogers when he was motivated.

6 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I disagree with this, no he isn't the athlete people try to hype him up to but that doesn't make him less of an impact player. That big fella has a motor, he reminds me of Shaun Rogers who was a stud. Well Rogers when he was motivated.

Yeah... I think Lawrence will be a major impact NT for a 34 team .. he's really good... he doesn't play with the quick shedding and movement desired for a top-10, 5-tech for me... it's just he's a 34 NT or DE exclusively for me.... that means to me that his ceiling to get drafted would be the mid to late 20s as those are usually where the 34 teams are drafting... So, with poor athleticism numbers (based on how he moves on tape to me) he could slip from mid to late 20s to late 1st round early 2nd... it's just based on what I see and how I evaluate DLineman... we'll see though...

He does have a motor it's just it takes the big fella a while to get to top speed.

He'll go high if a 34 team is picking up high that has a need... if not he's going later in the 1st or will drop into the early second... not because of his talent per se, but because of scheme fit and the abundance of DTs that are going to be plus athletes with plus film.

We have to get one of these guys, but I think we'll win 6 or 7 games and be just out of reach unfortunately

3 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

If we somehow trade up or are in range for Bosa,Oliver,Ferrell,Gary, or Davis well all forget about Chubb who’s not even in their stratosphere 

Cool your jets, lets see what happens. 

Posted (edited)

I feel like we will win 6 games next year too. Tyrod isn’t going to throw 10 billion interceptions like Kizer did. Our secondary won’t get destroyed and Myles will be hopefully healthy.

Edited by candyman93

18 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I feel like we will win 6 games next year too. Tyrod isn’t going to throw 10 billion interceptions like Kizer did. Our secondary won’t get destroyed and Myles will be hopefully healthy.

I think six wins is definitely doable. Hopefully we can maintain long term success with the talent we’ve acquired. 

44 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Cool your jets, lets see what happens. 

exactly. Gary has to mature a lot. He looked like a whiney little B! during the michigan all or nothing

12 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Just draft BPA. Other than LT we have the most important positions in football locked up. Going forward it’s just about establishing an identity.

This ^^^^^^ I you go pba that almost always go in your favor

I've been watching these DLineman the last week and my goodness I cannot believe anyone is upset we passed on Chubb now. Obviously I was never in that group but I can't believe other were ever there. CBs like Denzel Ward don't come around often but there are several DL who are far superior to Chubb in next years class.

Ed Oliver is a freak. I went into watching him thinking he was just going to be another overrated prospect that the massed and media jumped all over because he had big stats. My only concern is his decision to play at Houston and beat up on a bunch of future car salesman. He does move exceptionally well and you can easily see his athletic ability it a step ahead so its pretty obvious his dominant play is really not related to lesser comp. I think he could do the same in any conference.

Rashan Gary is the most naturally skilled lineman in this class. His movement skills and burst are off the charts for his size and build. 

Nick Bosa is no where close to the prospect his brother Joey was coming out. He doesn't play with near the same powerful hands. He doesn't have the same naturally powerful base or great hand to hand combat skills. He is a much more finesse player than Joey as well. All that said he is still a great prospect in his own right. I could easily see Nick falling to the 6-9 range in this draft based on the loads of talent at DL and him not being on Joey's level.

My Rankings of 1st round guys.

1. Ed Oliver

2. Raekwon Davis

3. Rashan Gary

4. Clelin Ferrell

5. Nick Bosa

6. Christian Wilkinson

7. Montez Sweat

8. Austin Bryant

9. Dexter Lawrence

10. Dre'Mont Jones

I'm trying to figure out which DL is going to be better between Clemson and OSU:

Clemson:

Dexter Lawrence

Christian Wilkinson

Clelin Ferrell

Ohio State:

Dre'Mont Jones

Nick Bosa

Chase Young

I mean, you're talking about 6 DL who will be 1st round selections, a few of which may be taken top 5 (Chase Young in 2020).

Posted (edited)

As a late rounder, I want to try and catch Craig Evans games. Kid was a monster for Sparty.

Montez Sweat reminds me of Myles. He’s just not as strong.

Edited by candyman93

On 4/30/2018 at 1:29 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If we’re in the top 5-10 next year I want one of those freak DL.

At least right now..

prob at the end of the season too.  maybe a WR if gordon gets suspended and no one steps up.

I'd trade a ton of draft capital to go get Ed Oliver. I don't really think this team has many glaring weaknesses, assuming the guys we are counting on to pan out actually do (Mayfield, Ward, Corbett, Gordon).

We have a hole at DT right now that seems to be filled with a rotation of guys, rather than a bonafide superstar. Ed Oliver would be a nightmare for teams to deal with, especially flanked by Ogbah and Garrett.

Jonah Williams from Alabama is terribad. I don't think he goes in the first 2 rounds. Trey Adams is more of who I'd want if neither Corbett or Coleman can handle the LT position, but even Adams has some issues. He's essentially a grumpier Kolton Miller from what I've seen. Jonah Williams was simply not good any time I watched Alabama. Wildly unimpressed with him.