Sign in to follow this  
bosko1616

2019 Prospect Talk

On 5/20/2018 at 12:12 AM, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Brantley was a late 1st early 2nd round prospect before the false charges were brought against him and his stock plummeted imo. I think he might be very good and he definitely showed some flashes of that talent. I'm cautiously optimistic about our entire d-line. 

Yeah, folks seem to be forgetting this or something, he’s a talented dude and could very easily be a quality starter.

On 5/20/2018 at 4:12 PM, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Brantley was a late 1st early 2nd round prospect before the false charges were brought against him and his stock plummeted imo. I think he might be very good and he definitely showed some flashes of that talent. I'm cautiously optimistic about our entire d-line. 

I think Larry O  will take off. I’m no football guru but I think he is on par with Brantley for upside. 

Each game he played last year he made plays. 

Neither are the mass that Big Fat Danny was but they are both 10 times the penetrater.

with Meder and Coley I think this is a heck of a strong group. More so with Garrett and Ogbah. And hopefully Thomas or another dude helping out. I wouldn’t be against bringin in a vet pass rusher either to help on 3rd downs.

I want to use a late round pick on Trace Mcsorely. He’s very similar to Baker. He’d be a perfect career backup considering he has the same style as Baker.

Posted (edited)

Clelin Ferrell is a monster. He’s consistently produced every year and he’s very athletic.

However, he benefits from playing next to Lawrence and Wilkins.

Edited by candyman93

On 5/21/2018 at 9:31 PM, candyman93 said:

I want to use a late round pick on Trace Mcsorely. He’s very similar to Baker. He’d be a perfect career backup considering he has the same style as Baker.

I don’t know about style. He game is played from the already option and being a potential running threat. I have no idea how well McSorely can be, just being a pocket type passer. 

As a pure passer, he doesn’t impress me. A late rd QB I potentially like is Shane Buechele.

On 5/21/2018 at 8:31 PM, candyman93 said:

Ugh. I don't like mcsorley.

On 5/29/2018 at 1:45 PM, candyman93 said:

Clelin Ferrell is a monster. He’s consistently produced every year and he’s very athletic.

However, he benefits from playing next to Lawrence and Wilkins.

It is more likely the other way around. Wilkins is the last talented of all the Tiger's lineman and Lawrence is the least athletic. Wilkins gets a ton of one on ones in space because the line is focused on Ferrell and Bryant. Its not too often Lawrence is even on the field in passing situations from what I saw. I'd take Ferrell over any of them. I think he is Top 8 talented while the other 3 are late 1st early 2nd round talents.

9 hours ago, TheeRealDeal said:

It is more likely the other way around. Wilkins is the last talented of all the Tiger's lineman and Lawrence is the least athletic. Wilkins gets a ton of one on ones in space because the line is focused on Ferrell and Bryant. Its not too often Lawrence is even on the field in passing situations from what I saw. I'd take Ferrell over any of them. I think he is Top 8 talented while the other 3 are late 1st early 2nd round talents.

Yeah I really liked what I saw from him.

I was hoping he would declare this year.

10 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

Absolutely I’d throw a third at him we have two of them. Him and Ward would be unbelievable 

Am I wrong that the supplemental draft order is the same as the previous draft?? If so we'd have the highest ranked third round pick, which means if a bunch of teams bid third rounders, we'd get him first and foremost.

37 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

Am I wrong that the supplemental draft order is the same as the previous draft?? If so we'd have the highest ranked third round pick, which means if a bunch of teams bid third rounders, we'd get him first and foremost.

Correct.

52 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Correct.

With his issues, I doubt it would take a 3rd. Probably more like a 4th/5th.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

With his issues, I doubt it would take a 3rd. Probably more like a 4th/5th.

Could not agree more - Rounds 1-3 are called "premium picks" for a reason. To spend one of those on a kid who basically flunked out of school is a high risk move when you are asking him to be mature enough to show up for work on time, and put the work in to learn in NFL playbook. Can it be done? Sure can - but it is more of a long shot.

No higher than a 5th rounder for me.

Edited by brooks1957

1 hour ago, brooks1957 said:

Could not agree more - Rounds 1-3 are called "premium picks" for a reason. To spend one of those on a kid who basically flunked out of school is a high risk move when you are asking him to be mature enough to show up for work on time, and put the work in to learn in NFL playbook. Can it be done? Sure can - but it is more of a long shot.

No higher than a 5th rounder for me.

We just drafted a QB #1 overall who was tackled by the cops, planted a flag in an opponents field and did this:

Lets not act like maturity matters to this team.