Broncos @ Bears GDT: Preseason Week 1

broncosfan07

A couple key battles to watch:

1. Can Trevor separate himself from Paxton? This is obviously the biggest question mark on the team.

2. The next biggest question mark is the OL. So far in camp a starting 5 hasn't emerged and the team can't go another season and be successful in playing musical chairs with the OL

3. Which depth players will step up and fill a role? With Ray and Barrett out for awhile building depth is key on both the offense and defensive side. Who will step up to fill the OLB and 3rd WR spots? 

I think we are going to see a lot of Jordan Taylor, Cody Latimer & Jordan Norwood this game, after DT & Sanders exit.   C-Henderson's roster spot is secure, which really leaves only 2 more WR spots up for grabs.  Personally, I think Norwood's the outsider, now that his meh ST return skills are obsolete, and Taylor & Latimer are the favorites.  Until C-Henderson shows more in terms of route recognition and route running, whoever wins that competition is in line for significant snaps, at least early on.  Should be fun to watch.

I'd imagine we'll see a fair bit of D-Henderson tonight - JC isn't playing, and Booker is out the entire preseason.   Ridley is the known vet quantity, the Q will be if D-Henderson is worth keeping on the 53-man roster, or if he goes to the PS to start the season, so I'd guess we'll see long looks at him this August.

Archived