So...who is your rookie? And why?

vegas492

We all have one...you know, that one guy that you root for really hard in camp and pre-season?  Maybe you called their selection to GB.  Maybe you wore their number at some point in your illustrious athletic career that led you to posting here, maybe you just like picking a guy and rooting for him.

I tend to have about one guy a year....

This year?  For me it is tough.  Much love for Alexander, but it is always easy to root for the first round pick.  Jackson?  Love the pick too.  Choose your WR, lots to love.  I know Norm will take the punter or long snapper...  :) , me?  Gave it much thought...I'm all about Cole Madison.

He's the offspring of the love child from Josh Sitton and Mark Tauscher if both grew up in the south watching Days of Thunder and went to college in UW....

Hoping those feet translate into the next RT of the future for GB....   

J'mon Moore. Sorry Incog. Stealing your guy. He has all the athletic ability, size, and ball skills you look for in a high-end WR. I am especially impressed with his Davante Adams-like COD and route running potential. I think it bodes well for his YAC and overall big play ability. 

I'll go with JK Scott.  I know drafting a punter isn't sexy or even logical, but special teams are 1/3 of the game and we need to pay some attention to them.  Vogel had an ok year last year, but Scott might be something special.  Best punter since Hentrich all those years ago.  Here's hoping he holds for kicks MORE than he punts.

Torn between Josh Jackson and Cole Madison - I'll go JJ.

I like Madison cause he's the only trenches guy we got, but I guess I'm kind of taking for granted we're gonna do what we always do with these types - give him a few years in the system, let some bigger name go, and have him ready to step in. But you gotta love the JJ story - guy who falls a bit more than he should cause of underwear olympics. Comes from a school that produces better players than athletes (though he's no slouch). I also just love the idea of having a ball hawk pan out. 

Am also rooting for MVS and Moore to light it up, just to slow the ESB hype train (though no, my Domer hatred isn't so strong that I wouldn't rather all 3 succeed). 

6 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I'm all about Alexander. I can't wait to see some wr's lose their **** on this guy. I don't care if some people think it's immature. Getting in the opponents head is part of the game. 

I'm actually really hoping we get a Anthony Miller vs. Jaire Alexander matchup in the slot week 1. Prob won't happen (both have to beat out vets, esp Taylor Gabriel for Chicago), but would be an intensity slugfest. 

Archived