So...who is your rookie? And why?

vegas492

Mr. St. Brown, when I read up on him and watched some video on him, he just screamed Packer to me.  I stated that in one or two of my 2000 mocks.  I wouldn't be surprised if he plays before JMon.  Write it down, that's my bold prediction.

2 minutes ago, jleisher said:

Mr. St. Brown, when I read up on him and watched some video on him, he just screamed Packer to me.  I stated that in one or two of my 2000 mocks.  I wouldn't be surprised if he plays before JMon.  Write it down, that's my bold prediction.

Allison will be relegated to the 5th spot behind those 2 guys is my prediction.

12 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Clearly mine is Josh Jackson. Have Pettine play him off man and let him read thru the receiver and makes plays.

Can be put on an island in the red zone. Excited to see him win DROY, haha.

I've been wondering about—is that realistic? Are there teams that will let one of their corners play one way but have all the others play a different way?

55 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

That, my friend, is an awesome post!  Truly worthy of a Golden Earring.

True story....

As a teenager one of my best friend's dad had the most amazing record collection. Literally thousands and every great record from the late 60s to the early 80s. I got banned from their house for "stealing" a Golden Earring record. Not even the one with Radar Love on it! I vehemently tried to explain that if I were to steal a record from him that would literally be like the last one I'd take. He wasn't buying it. About a year later I got a call at work from my buddy's dad with an apology and an invitation to dinner at the house. He built new bookcases for his collection and it turns out he found the album inside of another album when he was transferring them over.

The more I look into Looney the more I like him. I am hoping instead of adding weight he cuts some and plays the Datone Jones position the way Datone was suppose to play it. He is super twitchy and can beat his man pretty effortlessly. 

ILB Oren Burks

Why:  based on the "Trousers for Christmas"  theory... B|

Very Smart and very athletic

"Sold on Burks’ athleticism and upside from the start, Green Bay was blown by his maturity during the visit. Burks also left a positive impression on the scouting department with how quickly he picked up the inside linebacker position. "

He's not ready for prime time yet, but he's got the Cabeza to learn and become a real asset in the nickel D.

Blake and Jake are limited athletically  - and it was important enough for Pettine/ GB to move up and grab the guy

3 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

ILB Oren Burks

Why:  based on the "Trousers for Christmas"  theory... B|

Very Smart and very athletic

"Sold on Burks’ athleticism and upside from the start, Green Bay was blown by his maturity during the visit. Burks also left a positive impression on the scouting department with how quickly he picked up the inside linebacker position. "

He's not ready for prime time yet, but he's got the Cabeza to learn and become a real asset in the nickel D.

Blake and Jake are limited athletically  - and it was important enough for Pettine/ GB to move up and grab the guy

Agree with this.

2 hours ago, Golfman said:

Need the CB's to be right, but I'm going with Oren Burks because I've always wanted in ILB with his athleticism. 

I liked all of the first 4 picks.

CB was obviously a need given the Randall and Rollins' busts.

Moore might also provide some much needed juice at WR.

But like you Golf my favorite selection was Burks. 

Given that when Pettine was coaching in Baltimore and NYJ those defenses had athletes roaming the middle of the field, I am not the least bit surprised that Gut pulled the trigger and look forward to Burks taking snaps away from Ryan sooner rather than later.  

He's a long shot to make the team but Mr. James Looney is my rook this year, in his highlight video he seems like a disruptive lineman, hopefully he can flash and at least get on the practice squad.

Archived