So...who is your rookie? And why?

vegas492

22 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

Damon Gibson. 

"Damon Gibson, who went from Minnesota Nine-Man football to becoming a star receiver at Minnesota State Moorhead, has signed a free-agent contract with the Green Bay Packers. The undrafted Gibson, who played quarterback in Nine-Man for Clinton-Graceville-Beardsley, caught 54 passes for 649 yards as a 230-pound senior at MSU Moorhead despite missing four games because of injury."

Here he is live: " Oh cripes, dem udder guys are perty good, but I can play wit em too"    :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcD7bDF-0KE

I'll take our last pick.  Donnerson.   Always a sucker for the underdog.  Besides he's the only pass rusher we took in the draft. Watched some tape on him.  Kid was so fast he make everyone else look they are standing still.  Didn't need any moves because he was lightning just blew by guys.  He'll need to be coached up but damn he's quick.  He'll be great on special teams for sure.  I'll be interested to see him in pads against real competition.  Dude is a freak.  

Im excited about a couple things on defense its Jasckson, I think he will and should play outside with Alexander at the star position. I can't wait for cousins to through them the ball when they need a score to win.

On offense my guy has been St. Brown for a long time, Im still shocked we got him so late.  I do see Moore as a play now guy more polished routes etc. But St. Brown just seems like he is going to be special. It will take a few weeks but come the end of the season these young receivers should be contributing.

9 hours ago, Cadmus said:

Damon Gibson. Been following him since March. Think he's the best UDFA talent we have at TE behind Kendricks and Graham. 

Yeah. I've only seen the videos of him, but he looks like an up and comer. Not sure how many UDFA TEs we've got but I posted a thread of another guy this morning (Kevin Radar) who looks more like the inline/blocking variety TE than Gibson. Cant say I know a whole bunch about the TE we've got on the roster already (Emanuel Byrd) but if we dont suffer any injuries at the position, we should be fine. Now......if we were to add that X CLE TE into the mix - we'd REALLY be set......

On 4/30/2018 at 11:09 PM, Shanedorf said:

"Damon Gibson, who went from Minnesota Nine-Man football to becoming a star receiver at Minnesota State Moorhead, has signed a free-agent contract with the Green Bay Packers. The undrafted Gibson, who played quarterback in Nine-Man for Clinton-Graceville-Beardsley, caught 54 passes for 649 yards as a 230-pound senior at MSU Moorhead despite missing four games because of injury."

Here he is live: " Oh cripes, dem udder guys are perty good, but I can play wit em too"    :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcD7bDF-0KE

He speaks good Minnesotan. He can translate for the team when they go to play the Vikings. 9_9

12 hours ago, Golfman said:

Depth at TE is a concern so he's got a chance. 

Realistically speaking, a rookie TE wasn't going to play much.  A rookie TE isn't unseating Jimmy Graham obviously, and it's unlikely they'd win the #2 TE spot over Lance Kendricks.  And given that we don't run a whole lot of 12 looks, it seems unlikely a rookie TE makes any impact next year.

I've only seen highlights of Alexander, but I love him.  Minimize him by calling him a nickel CB, but he's got the swagger, athleticism, ball skills, and toughness of a #1 CB.  His size is not good, but I think that he'll be sticky and get his hands on enough balls that QBs will eventually stop forcing it his way.  Reminds me of a more polished Adoree Jackson.

J. Jackson has some unbelievable ball skills.  But he's a one year marvel, and much of his success is due to his ability to read the QB in zone coverage.  The QBs in our conference are so much better than the bums in the Big 10.  Q. Rollins can't help but loom around in my mind, though I like Jackson much more, and he's coming from a school with a pretty solid track record.  He should be fun to see at times in Year 1, frustrating in others.  Though we do have a real DC now, so perhaps the can help this very talented kid make an effortless transition.

Other than that, I see nothing but situational, ST, and PS players.  I've actually got more faith that Burks makes an impact in Year 1 as opposed to Moore, even though I love the talent of our WR.  McCarthy doesn't have a good track record of getting production out of rookies, while defense and all of its various formations makes a smoother transition.

We got 2 of the top 3 CBs in the top 2 rounds PLUS another first for next year. That is amazing. That said, I'm really pulling for these two CBs as my guys. 

This draft has the potential to be a great one. Jaire, JJ, Moore, Madison, Burks and EQSB all can be really good players for us! Too hard for me to narrow it down to just one player for me. 

Archived