So...who is your rookie? And why?

vegas492

8 hours ago, Leader said:

This could be.....might be mandatory in fact.....but who's out there? The only names I hear (or am aware of) are Maclin and/or Dez.

The former's career has kind of toned down since his knee injury and (multiple?) moves from various teams. The latter's game has declined and talent not withstanding I dont think we can count on him holding his temperament at bay. He is what he is: a TO Mini-Me and somebody who frets and whines to a disruptive level IMO.

I like the concept of getting all three rookie WRs started on their NFL journeys. Get that "it takes time" clock started. The sooner the better. I like the concept - but I also like the concept of winning - so a more reliable Veteran may be necessary - UNLESS of course - Mr. Allison's game has evolved more. The guys not a bum. When last we saw him, he wasnt a true #2 - but lets see what we see in coming weeks/months. We certainly could use him.

I agree 100% with everything, but I'm hopeful someone will come available later. Maybe as a cut, or in a trade. We need a quality veteran who can hold done the fort until the rookies figure the pro game out. An older vet like Graham only a WR would be perfect. 

9 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I'm still holding out hope that we pick up a veteran #2. Maybe we pick up some cap space with Rodgers new contract. 

I'm guessing this will absolutely not happen unless one or more of the draft pick WRs is a hopeless mixture of can't/won't.

If they all pan out to some degree we will already have trouble sneaking any one of those kids onto the PS. (Watch for a mystery injury late in camp.) New FAs will limit the snaps available to the rooks and the kids that have been in the system but are trying to make a jump up to WR #3/#4.

4 minutes ago, blueswedeshoes said:

I'm guessing this will absolutely not happen unless one or more of the draft pick WRs is a hopeless mixture of can't/won't.

If they all pan out to some degree we will already have trouble sneaking any one of those kids onto the PS. (Watch for a mystery injury late in camp.) New FAs will limit the snaps available to the rooks and the kids that have been in the system but are trying to make a jump up to WR #3/#4.

It's usually taken a year to get a rookie up to speed in MM's offense. I see Adams, Cobb, some vet acquisition, J'Mon, V-S, and ESB as the six. V-S makes it as a gunner. I think Geronimo, Davis, and the rest are gone. Davis is the only one with special teams value and he is dubious. The BYU second year guy might stick on the PS. But what do I know? O.o I'm eager to see the three rooks on the field! Hopefully they all stay healthy! 

Archived