The 53: Player, Roster, & Acquisitions Talk

Mind Character

There is still one free agent out there that could be an instant plus to this roster. Starter at best, solid rotational piece at worst. And we all know how Gregg loves to rotate his people.............

Yup - I am talking about Big Hank. Johnathan Hankins. Very much a plus run stuffer. Would soften the blow of losing Danny Shelton.

4 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

There is still one free agent out there that could be an instant plus to this roster. Starter at best, solid rotational piece at worst. And we all know how Gregg loves to rotate his people.............

Yup - I am talking about Big Hank. Johnathan Hankins. Very much a plus run stuffer. Would soften the blow of losing Danny Shelton.

At this point, Hankins may have been advised to not sign until there is an injury on a team where he will surely start. He may be waiting for a one-year prove-it deal again. Honestly, that sucks for him (as much as million of dollars suck...), especially based on what the majority of us, including him, thought to be what his market would be going into free agency.

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

I think we look to see if one of our guys can take that next step

Larry O 

Coley

Trenton Thompson

lets make sure none of those guys cant step up as a star run stopper before sign Hankins so we dont stop their development 

Larry and Coley believe were rated as the best run stopping dou on the team last year. I think that’s why Shelton was let go

I remember seeing Trenton Thompson as high as late second/third rounds in some mocks, for whatever that is worth. He came from a great defensive program. I'm curious what he can bring to the table. I love our draft and post-draft!

20 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

Read we're bringing Bashaud Breeland, 26, in for a visit Friday. Always be getting better!

This would be very nice, but could cause problems, there is already some unhappy campers on the roster that thought they would be handed a starting CB spot, and now have to compete after they drafted Ward.

6 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

This would be very nice, but could cause problems, there is already some unhappy campers on the roster that thought they would be handed a starting CB spot, and now have to compete after they drafted Ward.

Whaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

And this is different than the real world - how?

You have no problems cashing those big boy checks that you are being paid - now put your big boy pants on and go out and prove you are worth it. Or it that your dirty little secret?

10 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

Read we're bringing Bashaud Breeland, 26, in for a visit Friday. Always be getting better!

Yeah give me Bashaud. I think he'll sign with KC, but if we could bring him in I'd love it. 

I'm even open to Pacman even if its just for training camp it'd give our CB room some attitude they all seem like some nicer guys 

13 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

I remember seeing Trenton Thompson as high as late second/third rounds in some mocks, for whatever that is worth. He came from a great defensive program. I'm curious what he can bring to the table. I love our draft and post-draft!

Yeah I remember Nathan Zegura saying that in rookie camp he looked like he was still dealing with some sort of an injury and didn't look right 

so we'll see in TC if he looks like hes dealing with anything 

4 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

Whaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

And this is different than the real world - how?

You have no problems cashing those big boy checks that you are being paid - now put your big boy pants on and go out and prove you are worth it. Or it that your dirty little secret?

I never said there should not be a competition.  I think it’s a good thing.  I just pointed out the already existing unrest in the room as apparently it was implied to a couple of the new guys that if you sign you will start. And now it’s not certain.  A bait and switch by the team and breeland would certainly add to that.

16 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

I never said there should not be a competition.  I think it’s a good thing.  I just pointed out the already existing unrest in the room as apparently it was implied to a couple of the new guys that if you sign you will start. And now it’s not certain.  A bait and switch by the team and breeland would certainly add to that.

How do we know they were told to be starters? None of them really signed starter type deals. If they did it was more as starting nickle or dime corner. Hell the contracts given out, if they are that big of an issue you cut them. The browns truly only invested one year into a majority of their new players out side of rookies. Well Laundry is a two year investment at the moment but that’s about it. The browns can live with that IMO. 

It’s a dog eat dog world. When the browns prolly signed a player or two, they prolly thought they didn’t have a chance at breeland or didn’t want a corner at his price range. Now with everything that has gone on with him. His price has dropped and now is a legit option for the browns to consider 

17 hours ago, brownie man said:

Yeah give me Bashaud. I think he'll sign with KC, but if we could bring him in I'd love it. 

I'm even open to Pacman even if its just for training camp it'd give our CB room some attitude they all seem like some nicer guys 

I hate the takes that people are saying that Pac-Man is the opposite you want in a game when you are trying to change the culture of the team...what? The browns aren’t trying to build this team to be noting burn choir boys with a guy or two with character concerns. Browns are trying to change the losing culture. That’s all they care about IMO and that’s the only thing that matters. Like you said @brownie man Pac-Man would bring in an attitude and swagger this defense needs. You know he is going to bring it vs the Steelers Ravens and especially the Bengals. He wouldn’t be a building block or long term player. One year deal and let him go after the year unless he plays great type thing. Also think Pac-Man could be good for Ward. Pac-Man being a successful smaller DB in the league could show Ward some good tricks of the trade that he picked up that helped him deal with a size match up.

44 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I hate the takes that people are saying that Pac-Man is the opposite you want in a game when you are trying to change the culture of the team...what? The browns aren’t trying to build this team to be noting burn choir boys with a guy or two with character concerns. Browns are trying to change the losing culture. That’s all they care about IMO and that’s the only thing that matters. Like you said @brownie man Pac-Man would bring in an attitude and swagger this defense needs. You know he is going to bring it vs the Steelers Ravens and especially the Bengals. He wouldn’t be a building block or long term player. One year deal and let him go after the year unless he plays great type thing. Also think Pac-Man could be good for Ward. Pac-Man being a successful smaller DB in the league could show Ward some good tricks of the trade that he picked up that helped him deal with a size match up.

Bringing in Pacman to change the culture. For the better. 

Ive literally heard it all at this point.

Archived